• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Ehhhhhh was hoping to go into this gen completely spoiler free but that ship has completely sailed. No, it’s not because of this site since everyone here has been putting leaks in spoilers, it’s people from other sites who don’t lmao.

Anywaysssss…

I’ve seen a few new Pokémon and forms so far but I’m just gonna talk about the starters. I was going to stay loyal Fuecoco all the way since it’s cute and it’s design is really neat, plus I felt confident it’s final evolution would seriously look cool. After accidentally seeing it though, I’m 100% choosing Fuecoco!

-Design looks really cool overall!
-Skeledirge is an awesome name
-Fire/Ghost is becoming a common dual type but still a cool type nonetheless. Makes sense too
-That freaking scoop on it’s snout makes it look like it shoots fire like bazookas! :D
-First Fire starter to NOT freaking stand in it’s final form lmaooo

As for the others… Sprigatito’s final evolution got the Delphox treatment lol but it looks pretty cool. Easily a second favorite. Not too big a fan on Quaxly’s but that’s just me.

Hey kids time for Gen9 meta!

From Centro: NEW MOVE Revival Blessing The user bestows a loving blessing, reviving a party Pokémon that has fainted and restoring half that Pokémon’s max HP.
Post automatically merged:

As for the others… Sprigatito’s final evolution got the Delphox treatment lol but it looks pretty cool. Easily a second favorite. Not too big a fan on Quaxly’s but that’s just me.
I hear you. We all have favourites. When I saw all the starter evos I knew Quaquaval was going on my team. I dont know why maybe reminds me a lot of Blaziken. I also like Skeledirge but my love for Ceruledge is stronger so type overlap prevents me from wanting to start with it. My least fav of the three is Meowscarada. I can see why others like it but its just not for me.

Last edited:
After seeing the entire dex, I kind of feel the same way about this generation's Pokemon as I did about
8th gen's Pokemon. I don't know why, but I feel like something about the Switch 3D models just doesn't jive with me. The 3DS models just plain look better to me. That being said, there are some designs that appeal to me a lot (Meowscarada, Squawkabilly, Espathra, Garganacl, Kingambit, the leaked Ancient Suicune, Future Hariyama), some designs that I absolutely hate, some designs that I was really hoping to like and ended up being disappointed by (Tandemaus, Dachsbun, Baxcalibur, the snow leopard legendary, Ancient Salamence), some designs that I don't personally love, but think deserve to exist (Veluza, Lokix, Annihilape), and some Pokemon that just seem to me like wastes of everyone's time (Wiglett and Toedscool, three palette swapped Tauros, almost completely unchanged Dunsparce). Because of Dexit, this final category irritates me quite a lot. My favorite is banned (hopefully until at least DLC), but it's okay because there's a silly joke eel that looks like a Diglett instead!

There are some truly great designs and some turning in homework at the last second designs. I'm... very relieved that it turns out that the starter I was most interested in has my favorite final evolution design.

After seeing the entire dex, I kind of feel the same way about this generation's Pokemon as I did about
8th gen's Pokemon. I don't know why, but I feel like something about the Switch 3D models just doesn't jive with me. The 3DS models just plain look better to me. That being said, there are some designs that appeal to me a lot (Meowscarada, Squawkabilly, Espathra, Garganacl, Kingambit, the leaked Ancient Suicune, Future Hariyama), some designs that I absolutely hate, some designs that I was really hoping to like and ended up being disappointed by (Tandemaus, Dachsbun, Baxcalibur, the snow leopard legendary, Ancient Salamence), some designs that I don't personally love, but think deserve to exist (Veluza, Lokix, Annihilape), and some Pokemon that just seem to me like wastes of everyone's time (Wiglett and Toedscool, three palette swapped Tauros, almost completely unchanged Dunsparce). Because of Dexit, this final category irritates me quite a lot. My favorite is banned (hopefully until at least DLC), but it's okay because there's a silly joke eel that looks like a Diglett instead!

There are some truly great designs and some turning in homework at the last second designs. I'm... very relieved that it turns out that the starter I was most interested in has my favorite final evolution design.
Okay I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Switch Pokemon models look weird. They're too plastic or something. Too shiny? Not sure what's off but even in BDSP they looked weird. Honestly I'd rather go back to pixel land than whatever they're going for now. I thought ORAS looked nice even, and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Okay I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Switch Pokemon models look weird. They're too plastic or something. Too shiny? Not sure what's off but even in BDSP they looked weird. Honestly I'd rather go back to pixel land than whatever they're going for now. I thought ORAS looked nice even, and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

It's funny you should say this, because I was just talking with my boyfriend the other day about how much the Switch Pokemon models look like plastic toys! Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan. I've been replaying Crystal and all I can think of is how much I miss 2D Pokemon sprites.

It's funny you should say this, because I was just talking with my boyfriend the other day about how much the Switch Pokemon models look like plastic toys! Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan. I've been replaying Crystal and all I can think of is how much I miss 2D Pokemon sprites.
Crystal had amazing pokemon sprites and poses. I know the game at first look, looks plain or basic to many people now, but honestly I encourage every pokemon fan to play that game if they haven't before.

So undecided until now but here is my planned team:
1. Quaquaval 2. Ceruledge 3. Tinkaton 4. Pawmot 5. Kingambit 6. Kilowattrel

I'll be using others but these will be my mains. Alright, see you all at release! Tera Raids will be fun

Still waiting on stats for all the new mons. What Centro had might've been fake. Dangerous times.

A-Team may be different depending on stats.

Last edited:
idk, maybe it's because i don't have rose tinted glasses from playing the older games (and i never will with those graphics), but i personally don't think the 3D models from the 3DS on are as bad as people make out. they looked perfectly good to me in USUM, SWSH and PLA. they might even look fine in-game for scarvio, it's just that something seems off with the texturing in particular this time around based on the leaks/trailers.

Now thats interesting.
The Day 1 patch of 1 GB data has been released...probably to catch who has the game early.
I guess its the -7 Day Patch now lol

Stats are out...

Poor Tinkaton. That Attack really killed me. I love it but...it changes everything now.

New A-Team
1. Quaquaval (Water/Fighting)
2. Kingambit (Dark/Steel)
3. Ceruledge (Fire/Ghost)
4. Pawmot (Electric/Fighting)
5. Baxcalibur (Dragon/Ice)
6. Lokix (Bug/Dark)

Annihilape and Palafin (Hero form) look good too. Grafaiai gets Prankster as HA

right?? Like I'm happy Pokemon is growing and changing but like... at what cost Lol. I'm planning on playing SoulSilver since I've never played a gen 2 game but I'm looking forward to going back to that era of gaming.

I’m not really a fan of the newer Pokémon, honestly. I might strictly use older Pokémon, with an exception of Quaxly. I might not even use him all the way through. Thankfully, I can have older National Dex Pokémon traded to me at the beginning of the game.

I’m really not sure how to feel about the newer ones. The only one I really like is Greavard.

The game won me over with Ed Sheeran.. But it was also a beautiful preview. Look it up if you havent seen it, its really lovely...

I'll start with the duck and see where it takes me! Hopefully it will be just as good as its advertised..

The games got me sold instantly because they were Pokémon. Honestly I do not listen to Ed Sheeran nor do I really care about his work. His music just isn’t my personal preference.

Good news Legends fans

There is a new Ability called Sharpness. Sharpness increases the power of slashing moves. Gallade, Kleavor and Hisuian Samurott all have this ability. Sharpness is Kleavor and Hisuian Samurott's Hidden Ability. I will definitely be looking for any HA Oshawotts 😉

idk, maybe it's because i don't have rose tinted glasses from playing the older games (and i never will with those graphics), but i personally don't think the 3D models from the 3DS on are as bad as people make out. they looked perfectly good to me in USUM, SWSH and PLA. they might even look fine in-game for scarvio, it's just that something seems off with the texturing in particular this time around based on the leaks/trailers.
I've been playing pokemon since 2010 when I started out with fire red, and I would say I don't have a problem with the way the 3d models look. only gripe I have is that the colors are really washed out compared to the sprites, but it's not a huge deal. the models are actually looking better with each new game so that's a plus.

I'm so excited for this game to come out!! I was thinking in the beginning that I would pick Sprigatito, and after seeing Meowscarada I can definitely say that's who I'm picking! I love how so many people are saying it gives them Delphox vibes bc that's like one of my all time favorite pokemon 😂
I haven't seen all of the new leaked pokemon, just a few, but from what I've seen I really like these new guys! I especially like the Sprigatito line (obv), the other two fully evolved starters, Dachsbun, the Bisharp evolution, Koraidon (and Miraidon to a lesser extent), and especially Ceruledge!!

Quaxly really did grow on me, and that’s who I’m choosing as my starter. In the beginning, I swore I was picking Fuecoco.

Good news for breeding!

From Centro leaks: "New breeding mechanics (thanks to tutucoco)
for testing) - Picnics are basically portable Day Cares - You need to start a picnic and have 2 compatible Pokémon in your party - Normal breeding rules follow; walk around in the picnic - Eventually an Egg will appear in the basket"

So happy the daycare is gone. Now I can breed my own mons proudly

There is a new dolphin Click on spoiler if you want...or not.

Got your attention? It evolves with the new co-op feature. The new dolphin mon (finizen) apparently needs to evolve when another player in your game visits with their dolphin. Once that happens you have to level it up once. Seems like they went above and beyond after Runerigus. If you want your superhero dolphin this is the only way to do it.

No more spoilers for now. Sometimes I feel the need to post them otherwise players not know what to do. Evolutions are getting too crazy and many new mons are very different. Some designs like Gholdengo have now grown on me a little. Other designs may take more time for me. Evolutions are getting crazy. I feel like they need to go back to stones and other simple methods. Anyway I just downloaded Violet from the shop. If you have preordered you can do so now.

Last edited:
I'm pretty underwhelmed with this generation overall. Far too many different versions of pre-existing Pokemon (I really do want a break from those, I want more fresh ideas) and a lot of the new designs feel very lacking in creativity. That being said...

PRIMEAPE EVO. I LOVE Mankey and Primeape, they're some of my all-time favourites. Will definitely be grabbing that guy. Probably gonna start with Quaxly, breed another to trade for Sprigi and keep him at his second evo because that yo-yo he has looks pretty cool. Since there are so few I like in this one, I'm just going to run with favourites, regardless of typing/advantages.

I'll probably be getting a cheap(ish) pre-order of Violet soon. Maybe the one that comes with the pin badge or the coffee cup.
There is a new dolphin Click on spoiler if you want...or not.

Got your attention? It evolves with the new co-op feature. The new dolphin mon (finizen) apparently needs to evolve when another player in your game visits with their dolphin. Once that happens you have to level it up once. Seems like they went above and beyond after Runerigus. If you want your superhero dolphin this is the only way to do it.
Oh no.... I think my main online account expires before it's released. I wish they'd quit these obnoxious trading methods... Thanks for posting though, it did indeed save me a trip from advert-infested fan sites that crash my computer 😅

Back