• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I'll be working around the time my games should be delivered, so here's hoping the lady downstairs will open the door and bring it in the hallway and hope they dont keep it outside.
Bee getting pretty excited for this~

I'm getting Pokémon Violet for Christmas and I'm very excited! I'll be picking Fuecoco and I think it will be a good game.

I also think they will carry a lot of mechanics from Arceus, however it might also be similar to SS. But hey, every Pokémon is usually great so I'm not worried.

Ok, I definitely have a soft spot for it now
I want Gholdengo on my team
images (1).jpeg

So who else has a digital copy pre-ordered and is playing at Midnight on Thursday, technically Friday? I hope it lets us, lol.

Edit: Also, yessssssss! You can have blue hair in this game! I’m going to the salon ASAP.

Last edited:
I'm getting Pokémon Violet for Christmas and I'm very excited! I'll be picking Fuecoco and I think it will be a good game.

I also think they will carry a lot of mechanics from Arceus, however it might also be similar to SS. But hey, every Pokémon is usually great so I'm not worried.
The only set of games not so great upon replaying years later is Red and Blue. They aren’t bad games but the glitches and some of the Pokémon sprites look awful. Yellow isn’t too bad to revisit but the other two are harder to want to play for more than two hours at a time.

Ok, I definitely have a soft spot for it now
I want Gholdengo on my team
View attachment 469289
This is the cheese string man and no one can change my mind

640x640.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I'm also thinking I might do a wedlocke or a nuzlocke when I get the game tomorrow. I'm not TOO fussed on the starters and think it might mix my team up a bit more.

I’m going to start playing a bit as soon as it goes live if I’m awake. In Violet, I’m definitely calling my Trainer Willow and starting with Quaxly. In my main Scarlet save, I’m thinking of calling my trainer Anita after a very close family friend who died earlier this week and my starter will be Fuecoco.

just saw how much the game lags on its own hardware, and i... how do you justify that from a company that's been making games for this long, like? of course the switch (or at least the lite) is ridiculously limited as is, but this is clearly a nintendo/gf issue and not a hardware one because i still remember my 3DS having an aneurysm trying to run double battles in USUM. how do you not learn/improve from this?

So who else has a digital copy pre-ordered and is playing at Midnight on Thursday, technically Friday? I hope it lets us, lol.

Edit: Also, yessssssss! You can have blue hair in this game! I’m going to the salon ASAP.
I wish I was going to be able to play Thursday/Friday. I got physical copies that are coming on Tuesday. I need to be able to play them on multiple profiles.

just saw how much the game lags on its own hardware, and i... how do you justify that from a company that's been making games for this long, like? of course the switch (or at least the lite) is ridiculously limited as is, but this is clearly a nintendo/gf issue and not a hardware one because i still remember my 3DS having an aneurysm trying to run double battles in USUM. how do you not learn/improve from this?
I've heard it's due to GF having unclean/disorganized code, meaning they still have bits of code from previous games. But obviously I can't prove it unless I get really deep into the code or something lol. But that would explain it.

Edit: GF has learned they don't need to improve because people will buy their games no matter the state because "it's Pokemon". Fans are going to continue to get garbage games when they continue to buy the garbage games.

The only set of games not so great upon replaying years later is Red and Blue. They aren’t bad games but the glitches and some of the Pokémon sprites look awful. Yellow isn’t too bad to revisit but the other two are harder to want to play for more than two hours at a time.
I hear that, I'm currently playing through Pokémon Blue. But the sprite for Squirtle looks awful. But to be fair it was the first Pokémon... anything! So, I'm ok with it.

I feel like Nintendo keeps making games that push their current hardware too far and the Switch is the worst they have been with that.

The ds eventually moved to 3ds, and then eventually got a new 3ds for more power. For the case of the Switch, it seems they aren't interested in releasing a version more powerful to run the games they insist on making. As for a new system entirely, it would be unknown if backwards compatibility with Switch games will be a thing or not. People hope it will. Personally I think for the digital age we are in, purchased games need to be tied to the Nintendo account instead of the console.

Honestly I could see Nintendo moving away from consoles, and make hardware accessories instead for Android and or PC. I find it hard to believe that they would continue down the same road and continue with high prices.

I feel like Nintendo keeps making games that push their current hardware too far and the Switch is the worst they have been with that.

The ds eventually moved to 3ds, and then eventually got a new 3ds for more power. For the case of the Switch, it seems they aren't interested in releasing a version more powerful to run the games they insist on making. As for a new system entirely, it would be unknown if backwards compatibility with Switch games will be a thing or not. People hope it will. Personally I think for the digital age we are in, purchased games need to be tied to the Nintendo account instead of the console.

Honestly I could see Nintendo moving away from consoles, and make hardware accessories instead for Android and or PC. I find it hard to believe that they would continue down the same road and continue with high prices.
imo they need to hire someone else to make their consoles/handhelds and then they can continue to make games for those. They just can't handle the gaming market much anymore. Seriously, if it wasn't for their exclusives, many people would have gotten the games on other consoles instead. Nintendo having people locked by their nostalgia has helped them survive if you ask me.

imo they need to hire someone else to make their consoles/handhelds and then they can continue to make games for those. They just can't handle the gaming market much anymore. Seriously, if it wasn't for their exclusives, many people would have gotten the games on other consoles instead. Nintendo having people locked by their nostalgia has helped them survive if you ask me.
Idk if I can find it, but I recently read somewhere that Nintendo started a new partnership with some company to study something about hardware servers. If I can find it, I'll come back here. Anywho, it was only a few sentences long and made me think of VR or that they are thinking about building hardware for something else that's already established.

Idk if I can find it, but I recently read somewhere that Nintendo started a new partnership with some company to study something about hardware servers. If I can find it, I'll come back here. Anywho, it was only a few sentences long and made me think of VR or that they are thinking about building hardware for something else that's already established.
Wouldn't be surprising lol. They'd release it overpriced but then they have their exclusives people love so they'd be forced to buy the outdated product. riiipppp.

nintendo charging me like £300 for a new console that can't even run its own games decently asdfghjk. not even necessarily just a GF problem, because NH has its own problems with frame-rate drops and lag.

Back