• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump has asked people who supported clinton and johnson and anyone else to please come together for the countries future. He wants to stop this bipartisanship.

So, where do we start?

Trump has asked people who supported clinton and johnson and anyone else to please come together for the countries future. He wants to stop this bipartisanship.

So, where do we start?

He doesn't HAVE to do bipartisanship. GOP has control of the legislature and executive, and will control the judicial. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO WORK WITH DEMOCRATS AND HE WON'T.

These are empty words.

He doesn't HAVE to do bipartisanship. GOP has control of the legislature and executive, and will control the judicial. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO WORK WITH DEMOCRATS AND HE WON'T.

These are empty words.

im trying to start a conversation here. lets not be regressive.

Alright so for starters, keep electoral college or go to popular vote overall?

So, where do we start?

If he wanted what's best for the country's future he'd get rid of his devil-incarnate VP

I hope when he meets with Obama, Obama refuses to shake his hand.

Do you guys remember the final speech he made for Hilary's campaign? He said near the end that he still had the same optimism he had when he was first elected, and betted that the American people would choose Hilary over Trump, because he believes they are good people. I can only imagine what he's feeling right now.

Last edited:

These are empty words.

the democrats are united behind hillary in a way that the republicans are in no way united behind trump. clinton also has the support of the media in a way trump never will. if any of these people were to overstep their constitutional boundaries, i would be more scared if it was hillary. but i guess it's ok if the dems have control of congress and hillary has a blank check to do as she pleases :^)

11/09/2016: the day a literal terrorist was elected into the most powerful position in the modern world

also checks and balances were thrown completely out the window

so **** over half the American populace. I hope your lives end up becoming the most miserable things in all existence

11/09/2016: the day a literal terrorist was elected into the most powerful position in the modern world

also checks and balances were thrown completely out the window

so **** over half the American populace. I hope your lives end up becoming the most miserable things in all existence

like i said above, trump will be subject to more checks and balances than clinton would have been

I'm going to be honest here, as a person of color it was already difficult to live in America, the racist comments I get, the dirty looks from police and people saying things like go back to Africa were already a normal thing in my daily life. I have experienced so much hate just because of the color of my skin it is scary. Now with a man who is racist and sexist as the president, I fear that my harassment will increase. I have no idea how the country will recover from this, we are already so divided and now with a man who uses hate and ignorance to get elected I fear that the KKK, Neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups will become more and more vocal and increase their violent actions. As a country, we just took a step into the wrong direction. The history books seem to have taught us nothing about what happens when men like him are in power.

I'm in school and I'm not American but everyone here's been keeping track of the election scores and results.
So.............. what now.

I do seriously wonder how much the lack of a full voting rights act contributed to this outcome

also, who wants to place bets on when wwiii will happen?

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest here, as a person of color it was already difficult to live in America, the racist comments I get, the dirty looks from police and people saying things like go back to Africa were already a normal thing in my daily life. I have experienced so much hate just because of the color of my skin it is scary. Now with a man who is racist and sexist as the president, I fear that my harassment will increase. I have no idea how the country will recover from this, we are already so divided and now with a man who uses hate and ignorance to get elected I fear that the KKK, Neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups will become more and more vocal and increase their violent actions. As a country, we just took a step into the wrong direction. The history books seem to have taught us nothing about what happens when men like him are in power.

Shouldn't happen. I'm so angry to read your comment. Not at you, I despise racism and bigoted behaviour in general. I can't believe this man is president

anyone who voted for trump
you voted for him bc you believed in his ideals

his ideals are based on hate

Last edited:
The president is a man who encourages violence at his rallies, jokes(?) about assaulting women, is potentially a rapist (going on trial tomorrow, I should add) and someone who turns a blind eye to the LGBT+ community.

Trump didn't just win tonight, hatred did.

Shouldn't happen. I'm so angry to read your comment. Not at you, I despise racism and bigoted behaviour in general. I can't believe this man is president
It was a pretty close election though, he only won by a small margin for most of the states, but it is still crazy to think that half of the country is okay with or supports the hate speech he spews. But hopefully his presidency won't be too terrible for people that aren't white men (literally the only group of people he doesn't hate).

To be honest, I'm really interested to see how this plays out :v

it's ok cuz hillary supporter lena dunham wishes white men would become extinct, im sure that helped

It was a pretty close election though, he only won by a small margin for most of the states, but it is still crazy to think that half of the country is okay with or supports the hate speech he spews. But hopefully his presidency won't be too terrible for people that aren't white men (literally the only group of people he doesn't hate).

I can't reason with it. He has said things throughout which alienate so many groups of people.
Just can't see good coming from this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back