• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pretty close election though, he only won by a small margin for most of the states, but it is still crazy to think that half of the country is okay with or supports the hate speech he spews. But hopefully his presidency won't be too terrible for people that aren't white men (literally the only group of people he doesn't hate).

literally gary johnson saved it from being a stalemate or complete clinton victory. third parties matter!

and people got on my case for hating the people that supported him

well good news, I hate even *more* people now than I ever have in my entire lifetime

and **** no and **** you if you're going to say anything (again) about not hating the people who support and validate hatred as being the proper direction for the world to go. that is a literal garbage-ass sentiment that just further validates these disgusting people. they deserve all the hatred, because otherwise they're just being told that their toxicness is a perfectly acceptable alternative

if you can't have respect for others as human beings, then you don't deserve any level of respect to begin with

and because I'm sure some smartass probably will otherwise, nobody say anything about HYPOCRISY in that last line. because that is not hypocrisy, that is ****ing having moral standards. hypocrisy would be if I treated and consistently attempted to ruin these hateful people the same way they do to the victims of their hatred. which spoilers: I won't

Last edited:
and people got on my case for hating the people that supported him

well good news, I hate even *more* people now than I ever have in my entire lifetime

and **** no and **** you if you're going to say anything (again) about not hating the people who support and validate hatred as being the proper direction for the world to go. that is a literal garbage-ass sentiment that just further validates these disgusting people. they deserve all the hatred, because otherwise they're just being told that their toxicness is a perfectly acceptable alternative

if you can't have respect for others as human beings, then you don't deserve any level of respect to begin with

and because I'm sure some smartass probably will otherwise, nobody say anything about HYPOCRISY in that last line. because that is not hypocrisy, that is ****ing having moral standards. hypocrisy would be if I treated and consistently attempted to ruin these hateful people the same way they do to the victims of their hatred. which spoilers: I won't

ok. if that is the case, i have no respect for you anymore. have fun in life!

I'm so disgusted with this election. It's unbelievable that half the country voted with so much hatred within themselves based on ignorance and harmful stereotypes. Things are going to be bad for all of us, especially POC. I'm so horrified this happened. There's so many people who are fearing their lives now. This country has shown its true colors electing someone who encourages violence, sexism, racism, homophobia, the list goes on and on. I feel like we're regressing and it's only just the beginning. :(

But she's right? Many voted with hate in their eyes.

really, don't bother

I don't mean this out of spite towards them or anything. I know full well with my viewpoint+blunt personality that plenty of people will dislike me, and I am fine with that

it's impossible to be liked by everyone anyways, so ehh. if people see me as some inhuman monster of a different variety or whatever, then so be it. I may utterly despise them, but even the worst of people I refuse to treat like they treat their victims. there's a difference between hating and acting on hatred, and stepping into the latter is where I refuse to go. as otherwise, I would be just the same as them

- - - Post Merge - - -

i hate the establishment. it has been overthrown today

using someone that rallied for and supported hatred, bigotry, and systematic oppression to "overthrow establishment" is such a disgustingly selfish and petty "**** you" to all the groups that will now be having to face EVEN WORSE undeserved consequences from people that are now more validated for their actions than ever before for their lives. you are literally just saying that millions of people's lives are fine for slaughter if you get what you want out of this. this is just a masked voting out of hatred, no more to it

also

ELECTIONS

AREN'T

****ING

ABOUT

YOU

YOU

****ING

SELF-CENTERED

Last edited:
it's not that people who voted trump hate blacks, latinos, gays

it's that they don't care about them because they have bigger things in their own life to care about. and that's what the washington bubble doesnt understand

A whole lot of people done goofed this election the heck up.

I've been upset all night. Time to give up and go to bed.

I'm an American and I am very disappointed in America tonight.

Let's bring back the guy who tried to shoot Trump earlier please.

But yeah the US has a ****ed up election system allowing these people to win at random /looks back at Gore v. Bush time.

Also yeah all those dissatisfied hillbillies voting for Trump because yeah I'm too lazy to actually read up on his values.

Why does this feel like 1933 all over, man.

there, I gave the actual answer for you

this is also true. you will find it hard to convince a white working class factory worker who has been left behind by democrat affirmative action policies targeted at blacks, that LGBT rights are more important than his ability to feed his family.

im glad about this, brexit is less embarrassing for my country now

EDIT: IM NOT ACTUALLY GLAD BTW

Last edited:
Welp. The fact that Trump won is extremely embarrassing for America. Never have I ever been more proud to be Canadian.

Man, I just want all of these threads to die over.

Congrats Trump for winning, not that I really care unless you declare war on a South Korea for some unknown reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back