• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

If Only there was a way to just get a Single Pack; after all; I'm only interested in One single character out of 6; Audie the Peppy Wolf; and I'm not going to spend $40 for 8 packs; especially if She's in the first pack I'm Able to get as a Christmas Gift

I mean; If at least AUDIE's in the pack; I Don't care who the other 4 Villagers & 1 NPC is. . .

I saw on Reddit that a Target employee posted a picture of 3 S5 packs that she found hidden away by another Target employee. Don't kid yourself; if they're being that ignorant, it could be that they want some for themselves and want to discourage customers from purchasing them.
Yeah I’d heard of people doing this & I was kinda suspicious right off the bat… I’m hoping this isn’t a widespread thing and that maybe he was just annoyed from being asked so much. Either way I’ll be making the trip out on Friday morning, hopefully there’s at least one pack out lol.

I saw on Reddit that a Target employee posted a picture of 3 S5 packs that she found hidden away by another Target employee. Don't kid yourself; if they're being that ignorant, it could be that they want some for themselves and want to discourage customers from purchasing them.
I don’t think Target employees can purchase on their shift so they were probably setting some aside for themselves to purchase on break. I’d like to read the thread at Reddit if you have a link handy. Hope that employee is reprimanded because they could request the day off and stand in line/wait like anyone else. Just because you work for a retailer selling it doesn’t mean you get priority access to something like this. They probably think they deserve these because they want to reward their ‘hard work’. You ain’t seen hard work til you worked for free on your family’s farm growing up. ;)

may I ask what store that was?
Sure you can, though I don't think it will be useful for you since I live in France 😅, but it was Leclerc.

Guess I will not have any amiibo cards in the end since I'm at the mountain the 5th of november so I'll not be able to search for any directly in stores 😢

I don’t think Target employees can purchase on their shift so they were probably setting some aside for themselves to purchase on break. I’d like to read the thread at Reddit if you have a link handy. Hope that employee is reprimanded because they could request the day off and stand in line/wait like anyone else. Just because you work for a retailer selling it doesn’t mean you get priority access to something like this. They probably think they deserve these because they want to reward their ‘hard work’. You ain’t seen hard work til you worked for free on your family’s farm growing up. ;)
Personally I dont see anything wrong at all with an employee putting something aside for themselves to buy later.

So I don't think they should be reprimanded.
The only person who should be is the one who shared the image.

Personally I dont see anything wrong at all with an employee putting something aside for themselves to buy later.

Only if against store policy for reprimanded I guess. It would only apply to first release\limited type stuff I would think also.

Amazon is saying the cards will arrive next Tuesday and Walmart next Thursday. :cry:

Amazon is saying the cards will arrive next Tuesday and Walmart next Thursday. :cry:

I'm still waiting on Best Buy Canada to even process my pre-order. Haven't even taken payment yet. <_<

It is totally gonna be super late...

Best Buy tells me they will SHIP my order by Friday....I'm like shouldn't they arrive by Friday?

I'm still waiting on Best Buy Canada to even process my pre-order. Haven't even taken payment yet. <_<

It is totally gonna be super late...
Same 8( then it’s time to wait 2+ weeks for Canada post to deliver my order. Have the Amazon Canada preorders moved at all for anyone? Mine hasn’t processed for shipping.

Note for anyone in the UK:
I just popped into my local Game to ask if they were expecting stock on Friday. They said they were so I pre-ordered ten packets and paid a deposit.

Same 8( then it’s time to wait 2+ weeks for Canada post to deliver my order. Have the Amazon Canada preorders moved at all for anyone? Mine hasn’t processed for shipping.

And the most annoying part is we're forced into pay for 'expedited' services for Canada Post for our packages to arrive sooner if we don't want to pay for extra useless junk just to get free shipping. And we know how super fast they are. /s

An update for Canadians 🇨🇦

A friend spoke to someone at ebgames who said they're expecting the cards in the store on Friday but may be limited to one pack per person!

So this gives me hopes that Bestbuy and Walmart may carry them too *fingers crossed*!!!

An update for Canadians 🇨🇦

A friend spoke to someone at ebgames who said they're expecting the cards in the store on Friday but may be limited to one pack per person!

So this gives me hopes that Bestbuy and Walmart may carry them too *fingers crossed*!!!

Neat. If only EBGames wasn't like over an hour away from me, lol.

Oh for sure they weren't buying them on their shift; heck not even employees themselves can buy the product early. Just sucks if there are other employees like this who are taking advantage of their position...

Here's the link:
Post automatically merged:

If it's not against store policy and it's a product that has been on the shelf for a while, I can understand. But when it's an unreleased product that is in as high demand as the S5 cards, it's little off. Some customers wait over an hour in line hoping to get cards, and if a chunk of them are already hidden away by employees, that just leaves real customers with even less of a chance at getting a pack. The OP of the thread also said:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 1.44.19 PM.png

Also I don't see how the person who shared the image should be reprimanded. They didn't expose the name of the employee, and for all we know, they hypothetically could've just lied and taken a picture of 3 packs to stir up drama in the thread. And if employers are worried about company image, they should maybe look at the employee who hid them away in the first place.

Last edited:
Also I don't see how the person who shared the image should be reprimanded. They didn't expose the name of the employee, and for all we know, they hypothetically could've just lied and taken a picture of 3 packs to stir up drama in the thread. And if employers are worried about company image, they should maybe look at the employee who hid them away in the first place.
The staff member who hid them did not go public with it.

The only person who actively attacked the companies reputation is the person who posted the photo.
Where I work, it would be immediate dismissal.
And I think it should be. No company should keep on staff who try to hurt the company.

The staff member who hid them did not go public with it.

The only person who actively attacked the companies reputation is the person who posted the photo.
Where I work, it would be immediate dismissal.
And I think it should be. No company should keep on staff who try to hurt the company.
I completely understand that. But the other employee who broke the rules by hiding the cards is also guilty. Case and point.

I completely understand that. But the other employee who broke the rules by hiding the cards is also guilty. Case and point.
Yeah but that's company specific
I know companies that actually have places for staff to put stuff they plan to buy later so it's safe and out the way.
So I don't overly care either way about it.
I say more power to them honestly.

Ones a minor rule break. The other is a big issue.

But its not worth arguing about.

Back