• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

One of Wisp's spirit pieces drifted inside my character as I was trying to catch it. Briefly, I wondered if there was a hidden gimmick where your character gets possessed and how it would look like.
Obviously there isn't, but if there was that'd be pretty fun, actually. Now there's a new idea for the next Animal Crossing game...

I've been wanting to play AC:NH, but there's a few setbacks. For starters, my Switch charger broke and I haven't bothered to look for another one. The last time I was able to use my Switch (a few weeks ago), I couldn't play any online games because of Internet problems. It won't connect back to my network and I have no idea why. Meh, not like I have the time right now. I should probably focus on my exams, and then try to get the game working by summer break next week. Still... It kinda sucks, because I have a pretty bad itch to play now. 😭

As for an actual "random New Horizons thought", I wonder if I should redecorate my island. I'm not happy with my layout, but I haven't found a coherent 'theme' to follow. I think I'll look for island inspo soon so I can have a nice-looking island. The only decor I'm somewhat happy with is my entrance, and even that could use some work.

yesterday, when I was celebrating her birthday, my character came out of HER house after the birthday event was over. o_O

I've been (very casually) playing on my island for years, but still haven't done any designing outside of my home bc it's so overwhelming! I hate it.

The yellow cap from the older Animal Crossing games looks kind of like the non-binary flag a little bit, and just in time for pride month, too!
1718144151123.png

1718144224677.jpeg

It seems like one minute I keep getting duplicate recipes, and now, over the past few days, I end up with one new recipe after another! That's pretty cool, honestly.

Edit: A few minutes after posting this I went to Twiggy's house and got a recipe for bread, which I already learned. It was great while my streak lasted...

Last edited:
I've mentioned in another thread that I got my island to a 5-star rating, but... Well, I pretty much destroyed my island after that. ^^" I was mostly aiming to get the golden watering can DIY, and I'm not happy with how my island looks. Now, I just need to plan a theme and how to rebuild my island... I'll get back to that.

Another point, I deleted some custom designs I never used and replaced them. What I didn't know is that said designs that are placed on the ground show up as the new design. I was pretty confused when I passed by this part. XP

1718574397050.png

Happy birthday, Roscoe. I really hope to have you in my next town!

Roscoe in Desert 2.jpg

For real, why he isn't a villager in any of my towns is beyond me considering how much I like him

So Blathers hates bugs more than anything, but counterfeit arts are the one thing he won’t accept. Even Timmy and Tommy refuse to accept counterfeit art.

Maybe in the next game, they should make counterfeits even worse. In addition to how you can’t even sell them to Timmy and Tommy, they should have negative impacts to town ratings and HHA scores.

It's only 12 in the afternoon. Already the sky is dark and it's pouring. It's unusual because IRL there hasn't been anything like in Summer where I'm living and it tends to occur in Winter and Spring from my observations.
IMG_1057.jpeg

It's only 12 in the afternoon. Already the sky is dark and it's pouring. It's unusual because IRL there hasn't been anything like in Summer where I'm living and it tends to occur in Winter and Spring from my observations.
View attachment 569893
It’s probably because it’s rainy season in game right now.

Back