• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

Lol I didn't think about that part too much. ^_^" The idea just came to me while I was visiting someone's island.
Haha it's fine! I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I just remember how petty some people can be online. There was this thing that Sega did where when you logged into a lobby game for Phantasy Star Online that your game would save. Then it would have a 5 second moment where everything resumed and then it did a double save. People timed it just right so they could freeze people's games during the 2nd save so that their data would get corrupted.

I love your idea though! Also why do some of the villagers still have reactions and items that we can't have? Like when they're looking through a magnifying glass, reading a flora book, doing zoomies ect. I wish they gave us all of those things.

Screenshot_20240623-202605.png

She looks less like a snooty villager by losing the trademark black goth lippy BUT she does look more like an uchi villager in comparison. Preference depends on the vibe but I think both are good.

View attachment 570267
She looks less like a snooty villager by losing the trademark black goth lippy BUT she does look more like an uchi villager in comparison. Preference depends on the vibe but I think both are good.
I didn't realize how much her eyes look like those Pokemon with the hieroglyphics shapes. Both designs look nice. I would also say she looks like she could pass as a normal villager to on the right side.

Okay, just imagine a music video of the air check of KK Cruisin’. Just imagine it. That would go crazy. Especially if they added KK’s lyrics to it.

Blathers is always saying that he would buy our fossils if only he had enough funds… so why doesn’t he? It wouldn’t really make sense since he doesn’t really have any source of income, but it would be a good feature, especially if he paid more for fossils.

Just recently Toby said he was going to move out of Westward.

I would've said "no" to that, but to be honest I've been wanting to shake up my villager lineup a bit for some time now. Plus, I already have Raymond since he's also a smug villager.

So I decided to let him go, after a year of him living on my island. I'll miss you, friendo! (friendo was Toby's nickname for me BTW)

So, I was currently in the process of Amiiboing in Apollo since I had to restart my island earlier this month, due to having to redo my Switch account. This morning, he asked me for a raccoon figurine and gave me a DIY deer head instead. O__o

Thankfully, a couple minutes later, I discovered that I already had a recipe for a raccoon figurine (after looking through a couple times), but I was a bit panicky at first, even trying to cancel and get a new recipe. Thank goddess I was able to re-enable the quest and find the recipe 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
This was the third day too, so he should move in on Friday (since Kid Cat is moving in tomorrow). <333333

Last edited:
Someone should really make a horror fan video regarding villagers who scream in basements. I mean, peppy and smug villagers pass it along semi-casually in conversation sometimes…

Oh, and the main villain is a clown that is always drenched in sweat due to moving so much. A “moist clown” according to lazy villagers.

Oh, and remember that one pre-release video from Nintendo that had a random gravestone in the middle of an otherwise undecorated wooded area?

The signs are already there in the game - someone is bound to take this lore and expand on it one of these days.

This game would be a lot more enjoyable if the chances for encountering a new item in your shops was increased, assuming you haven't completed your catalogue anyway. It's incredibly frustrating to be missing a ton of stuff, and Nooks Cranny & Abels have the same things over and over again.

I started to wonder why we don't have freshwater creatures to dive for. I think it'd be cool to dive for creatures in rivers and lakes instead of just the ocean. Maybe we can get new critters like crayfish, freshwater crabs, etc. But I guess it'd be hard to implement, and it catching said creatures would be too easy if you just make your rivers really narrow. Just an idea, though...

I started to wonder why we don't have freshwater creatures to dive for. I think it'd be cool to dive for creatures in rivers and lakes instead of just the ocean. Maybe we can get new critters like crayfish, freshwater crabs, etc. But I guess it'd be hard to implement, and it catching said creatures would be too easy if you just make your rivers really narrow. Just an idea, though...
How about if you stay in one spot for too long, you risk getting bitten by piranhas and snapping turtles, similar to when trying to catch tarantulas and scorpions. I don't think it would be that violent for this game, but the idea of an iris-in while your character passes out in the water might seem a bit troubling (could resemble drowning), so I'm not 100% sure it would work.

It's funny how they call it a "common" painting, and yet I haven't come across a single one at Redd's. For me, it's more like a "rare" painting!

This game would be a lot more enjoyable if the chances for encountering a new item in your shops was increased, assuming you haven't completed your catalogue anyway. It's incredibly frustrating to be missing a ton of stuff, and Nooks Cranny & Abels have the same things over and over again.
Adding on to this, I wish the shop could be expanded to be much larger than it is. In the original Gamecube Animal Crossing, Nookington's sold 6 pieces of furniture daily along with a bunch of other stuff. In Wild World, Nookington's sold 8 pieces of furniture daily and a lot of other stuff. But in New Horizons the shop maxes out at 6 even though the catalog is much, much bigger than in the oldest AC games. We should get a 2nd floor with total capacity of like 15 or 20 items per day for the end game!

How about if you stay in one spot for too long, you risk getting bitten by piranhas and snapping turtles, similar to when trying to catch tarantulas and scorpions. I don't think it would be that violent for this game, but the idea of an iris-in while your character passes out in the water might seem a bit troubling (could resemble drowning), so I'm not 100% sure it would work.
Yeah, that would be kind of disturbing if it looked like your character was drowning. 😅 Maybe instead it could be similar to the jellyfish in NL (when you go diving at Kapp'n's island) where you get shocked (or in this case, bitten) but don't pass out in the water.

I doubt Nintendo would go for the "freshwater diving" idea, but it'd be cool to see.

I'm still somewhat surprised that we didn't get any new villager species in this game. Platypus? Bats? Capybara? Lizards such as bearded dragons?

A lot of options, honestly.

Gracie should still be in this game selling her extortionate furniture and clothes. This game is sorely lacking in aesthetically pleasing collectibles.

Back