Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

Remember when villagers rudely repainted your roof against your will in the GameCube Version? Now you get to repaint their roofs or even change their house once you decorate 30 clients’ houses in Happy Home Paradise.

Remember when villagers rudely repainted your roof against your will in the GameCube Version? Now you get to repaint their roofs or even change their house once you decorate 30 clients’ houses in Happy Home Paradise.
I didn't even know the villagers were THAT rude in the GameCube version. I'm very certain their antics from back then wouldn't fly in today's generation of gamers.

In defense of the gamecube villagers they thought they were doing something nice for you when they painted your roof loool

I miss their old personalities so much (ᐡっˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ ᐡ)

I do remember this and thought it was funny. I remember running back to my house to see what color they decided to change it to.

In defense of the gamecube villagers they thought they were doing something nice for you when they painted your roof loool

I miss their old personalities so much (ᐡっˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ ᐡ)
What you don't like Lazy 'eating in their tub and having the crumbs congeal into a tubwater-paste?' 🤪

The concept art is cool, the character designs are totally different compared to the character designs in the games.

❃ Tom Nook, Chief, Rosie, and Isabelle in the middle look like they were drawn in the art style of Rocko's Modern Life.
❃ Hugh in the bottom left looks like he was drawn in the style of greeting cards or cartoons from the '80s. (My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, etc.)
❃ The way Nibbles is drawn in the bottom left corner reminds me of fanart by various members on DeviantArt.
❃ Bertha looks like she was drawn straight out of the art styles of Studio Ghibli and Peanuts.
❃ Rudy looks like a squirrel.
❃ Tia looks like she was drawn specifically for flash animation or a web short.

1718929839148.jpeg

The concept art is cool, the character designs are totally different compared to the character designs in the games.

❃ Tom Nook, Chief, Rosie, and Isabelle in the middle look like they were drawn in the art style of Rocko's Modern Life.
❃ Hugh in the bottom left looks like he was drawn in the style of greeting cards or cartoons from the '80s. (My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, etc.)
❃ The way Nibbles is drawn in the bottom left corner reminds me of fanart by various members on DeviantArt.
❃ Bertha looks like she was drawn straight out of the art styles of Studio Ghibli and Peanuts.
❃ Rudy looks like a squirrel.
❃ Tia looks like she was drawn specifically for flash animation or a web short.
The drawing of bug-catcher Bob that's next to Tia looks like it was drawn movie-style; if Bob was in the Animal Crossing movie, I'm fairly certain he would look just like that.

I also gave Bob the yellow bone shirt after seeing this art, despite cats not usually being associated with bones! :LOL: I just thought it looked cute on him myself.
Also, can we PLEASE get more fan art of kung-fu Bob?

Currently trying to catch a Coelacanth, and all I can think about is when I first ever played an AC game (New Leaf), I caught a coelacanth on the very first day, and then promptly sold it bc I didn’t know about the museum. 🙃

Haven’t caught another since.

OK, so when I restarted everything about a week and a half ago, I kept getting pop-ups that I couldn’t play the DLC, so I deleted it (with the attention of re-downloading it later), so the pop-ups would leave me alone.

Well today, for some reason, I discovered the DLC was still there, Lottie called me to the airport, and I was able to design some houses.

I am extremely happy about this, don’t get me wrong. But I am also big confusion.

OK, so when I restarted everything about a week and a half ago, I kept getting pop-ups that I couldn’t play the DLC, so I deleted it (with the attention of re-downloading it later), so the pop-ups would leave me alone.

Well today, for some reason, I discovered the DLC was still there, Lottie called me to the airport, and I was able to design some houses.

I am extremely happy about this, don’t get me wrong. But I am also big confusion.
Were you playing without an internet connection? How many times did you purchase it? If you want to play the DLC and it was purchased under a different Switch system, you won't be able to use it offline. It's like this for all Switch Store DLC's.

There is a setting to fix that for a main system; I believe it's under the NSO settings.

One of Wisp's spirit pieces drifted inside my character as I was trying to catch it. Briefly, I wondered if there was a hidden gimmick where your character gets possessed and how it would look like.
You have been to my island, and may have noticed it was called "Outpost 31" which is a reference to the 1982 movie The Thing.

I only bring this this up because of the official movie image for The Thing... I believe this is what you looked like 🤣

1000006645.jpg

Were you playing without an internet connection? How many times did you purchase it? If you want to play the DLC and it was purchased under a different Switch system, you won't be able to use it offline. It's like this for all Switch Store DLC's.

There is a setting to fix that for a main system; I believe it's under the NSO settings.
Back when I tried almost a week and a half ago, I’m pretty sure I had an Internet connection.

And in total, I purchased it twice (one from the get-go on my old account I just deleted a little over a week ago), and a second time on my new/current switch account a little over a week ago), because I decided to delete and re-create my switch account (hence why I bought it a second time), since I didn’t have proper access to the Nintendo account to the old one was linked to.

I appreciate your input ^^

And in total, I purchased it twice (one from the get-go on my old account I just deleted a little over a week ago), and a second time on my new/current switch account a little over a week ago), because I decided to delete and re-create my switch account (hence why I bought it a second time), since I didn’t have proper access to the Nintendo account to the old one was linked to.

I appreciate your input ^^
That's probably why you ran into that issue. The game was likely expecting you to be playing with your old account, but got confused at first and wouldn't allow you to play HHP. As it looks like you restarted your island and made a new NSO account, things look like they're back to normal.

That's probably why you ran into that issue. The game was likely expecting you to be playing with your old account, but got confused at first and wouldn't allow you to play HHP. As it looks like you restarted your island and made a new NSO account, things look like they're back to normal.
Yep, they are ^__^

I've seen suggestions for an option to let players hug their villagers. How about letting players hug each other? I think that would be nice. And cute. And heartwarming... 🫂❤️
Sounds cute!

But I wonder how that would that work? Would each person have to initiate the emote? Because I can see it being a good way to trap someone if someone else keeps hugging them lol. Would be a good way to exploit visiting/trading with people if someone just traps them in a hug loop they can't get out of as someone robs them blind haha...

I think it would be a lovely reaction❤️, but I'm not sure how they would do this flawlessly.

Sounds cute!

But I wonder how that would that work? Would each person have to initiate the emote? Because I can see it being a good way to trap someone if someone else keeps hugging them lol. Would be a good way to exploit visiting/trading with people if someone just traps them in a hug loop they can't get out of as someone robs them blind haha...

I think it would be a lovely reaction, but I'm not sure how they would do this flawlessly.
Lol I didn't think about that part too much. ^_^" The idea just came to me while I was visiting someone's island.

Back