• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Red Riches

I could be one of the lucky ones to win an imposter glow wand or one of the original wands, but my win wouldn’t be meaningful (in my opinion). Because I’m more interested into having over 10,000 TBT at all times than having rare collectibles. But since there would hardly be any TBT left after the event, I may not even succeed in selling the glow wands to another.

I think the percentage of what you have a chance to receive should have been based off of how many red envelopes each user decides to buy as an individual versus as a whole. That way everyone can decide how much they want to spend and make their own luck so people who don’t help out can’t reap the benefits of those pouring all their tbt into this event. Thle more you spend the higher your chances of higher tier collectibles so people who don’t care for the higher tier collectibles don’t have to spend anything but they also won’t receive the chance to get it either off the efforts of others. If that makes sense? Right now it just seems unfair to the high spenders since their chances of receiving the collectibles will be the same as someone who spent nothing. I don’t know if this is even possible, but just my two cents.

on another note, the price of red envelopes is too high for an event like this in my opinion and the rate at obtaining bells through the bell bloom is too low.
Then people will complain it's just an event for rich people that can already afford those collectibles poorer people won't be motivated at all knowing they have very little chances to get anything. In that case it would be better to keep it as a lottery in the shop and not as a main event.

I think the percentage of what you have a chance to receive should have been based off of how many red envelopes each user decides to buy as an individual versus as a whole. That way everyone can decide how much they want to spend and make their own luck so people who don’t help out can’t reap the benefits of those pouring all their tbt into this event. The more you spend the higher your chances of higher tier collectibles so people who don’t care for the higher tier collectibles don’t have to spend anything but they also won’t receive the chance to get it either off the efforts of others. If that makes sense? Right now it just seems unfair to the high spenders since their chances of receiving the collectibles will be the same as someone who spent nothing. I don’t know if this is even possible, but just my two cents.

on another note, the price of red envelopes is too high for an event like this in my opinion and the rate at obtaining bells through the bell bloom is too low.
i don't think this is the solution because there's too much of a tbt wealth divide and so it would still only benefit the richer users. i was talking about this event with others and the general consensus was that this event would be better and encourage more participation (especially from rich users) if:

- all fortune cookies were guaranteed to award something, even if it was a candy
- the sellback was 100%
- sellback was enabled sooner
- possible lower goalposts (though i'm not sure if this would be necessary if the above were implemented)
- perhaps bonus awards for top 3 or top 5 gifters
Post automatically merged:

petition to oversaturate the market with glow wands until they lose all value and the dark magic surrounding them disperses
the way i've been saying this completely unironically 😩 rerelease the high tier eggs too

So, the posting bell boom is pretty helpful for generating tbt. I was broke (again, haha) earlier and now am back to 200.

Of course, now I've found a collectible I want, but hopefully I will get enough tbt posting, because they're accepting red envelopes for collectibles atm.

I might cruise the marketplace, see if there are any users rolling in tbt looking to buy a collectible I may have (and can trade, eggs are off limits 😉).

Oh- I haven't noticed any upper limit or cutoff or cool down time on the tbt from posts. (So far...) So it seems as long as we can post, we can get more tbt. I'll try to keep an eye on it in case I'm wrong and there is a limit...

the way i've been saying this completely unironically 😩 rerelease the high tier eggs too
this year’s special 20th year edition egg hunt sounds like the perfect time to re-release the dreamy, nightmare, aurora, disco ball and galaxy eggs to me

please

petition to oversaturate the market with glow wands until they lose all value and the dark magic surrounding them disperses
Begging staff atp to pull an Oprah and just

phonto.jpeg

this year’s special 20th year edition egg hunt sounds like the perfect time to re-release the dreamy, nightmare, aurora, disco ball and galaxy eggs to me

please

Begging staff atp to pull an Oprah and just

View attachment 536807
What if on TBTs 20th birthday every user got their choice of any one collectible in existence 👀 sounds like a good birthday present to me

What if on TBTs 20th birthday every user got their choice of any one collectible in existence 👀 sounds like a good birthday present to me
If I were in that situation, I would be stuck between the green pinwheel, the green flower wand, and the disco ball egg. But I will say that I won’t be selling these collectibles.

That would be an amazing gift. Also so very hard to choose just one with so many great collectibles.

please
please oml... I would actually die but the power of the galaxy egg and final boss feather would instantly revive me so staff wouldn't have to feel bad about it!! 🙏

Spent all I can on envelopes for the time being!🧧 Hopefully with the Bell Boom I'll be able to squeeze in another trade or two 🤞

I'm honestly not as interested in the wands to begin with, none of the designs really enticed me, I just want to take part, and help people get a chance in winning something that's rare on the fourm.
Which reminds me, I need to get myself a fortune cookie XD Maybe get that nect before trying to buy another evvelope!

I literally thought I had enough tbt for another envelope, but the numbers have to be the other way around XD
God I feel so tired.

Im ngl I wouldn't be too stressed about getting the wands because realistically some collectibles are going to have to return this year with all the events lined up. Unless the staff is planning to create new collectibles for ALL of them. They might not be unlimited but I'd be surprised if some things don't return, especially for the 20th anniversary.

If I had that many Bells, I’ll be opening a giveaway that gives out 860 TBT to each entry (so they can mail 10 letters each, not to mention, but multiple entries are allowed).
I hadn't thought of this! But then, giving away the tbt doesn't guarantee that they will be used for red envelopes, so I don't regret that I just started spamming envelopes right away. I knew there wouldn't be a perfect exchange rate either-- but that's not necessarily the spirit of red envelopes, and I'm less afraid of losing tbt compared to most users with my art side hustle.

I guess what I'm saying is I believe in our chances to reach the event goals, and maybe that's what has driven my envelope-slinging actions so far, but I also believe in being a little strategic about it, and have been balancing my moves between charity and strategy.

Regarding richer users expending tbt for the event: we are not entitled to tell them what to do with their wealth, but I will say that this active charity has been really satisfying, and I encourage event participation. I feel like I'm more a part of the community, and although we don't need that in our lives, it has been great fun engaging with other users and working toward that goal together. If you are driven by competition and helping others and making friends and general praise... send a few red envelopes. ;)

Regarding the tbt boom-- I don't post often in threads... I don't have that much to say on most topics anymore, so I haven't reaped the benefits. I'm pretty boring, sorry, all my expertise is in learning art, isekai manhwa (I'll get back to this), and food.
But I do see tbt flowing well in the Museum if not in the Marketplace. TY to the people who lined up for my + Koi's art (and letting me practice portraits while throwing you an incomplete product and moving on). 😅

Well, on another topic...I am personally looking forward to the last non-cookie Dragon Token 🐉👀
Yeah! Look at us, ma Chris! We somehow clawed our way into the thousands. (holds hands out for token)🙏

Regarding the odds: a fortune cookie in real life has a way higher than 50% chance of giving you a fortune... can we please please please have it 100% drop something? Or at least increase the odds of it dropping something (like below).
How about treating the dragon token as a separate BONUS drop that could accompany whatever you get from your cookie?
1708440478540.png

It's not like the collectibles need to be manufactured and we have limited supply in the chain...

I do acknowledge the sense in that there are 6 items purchasable via dragon tokens = the number each user can collect for completing all activities, and the community hitting 1000 red envelopes (86000 tbt!). Varying the collectible rarity isn't a terrible thing for encouraging activity, but it seems more difficult than warranted for the benefit.

What if? Put them in the shop for tbt and set a market price for them from the start. Engage in a little supply-side economics to stimulate the economy. Giving the people tbt boom was a great start-- follow-up by giving them things to spend on. The wands or maybe the rare eggs in the upcoming Easter festivities would be a great test. TBT as an economic model :geek:.

YES. We're here for your vicenarian era.
Logistically, this would be tough to do in the private boards... and even a public poll only has so many slots. 🤔
I volunteer to join project staff to help dole out the prizes. 😂😇🥳

Ok, sorry for the dissertation, I guess I do have a lot to say. Back to my sweatshop photobooth.

Sadly, I've already asked about this before and even added the caveat that it those specific ones could even be untradable and I was told that would not be something they would do. But you are totally right, it would be the best birthday present ever!

Back