• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Red Riches

how many are we at now? I was doing the splat 3 sessions for the Neighborly Games, so I couldn't send much. I'll try and post like crazy to get more bells to send envelopes though!
We are currently at 1,035. The next milestone is 1,250 so we have some ways to go at our current pace.

While I understand where people are coming from in wishing active users with a lot of TBT would buy more envelopes, I don't know if it's fair to be frustrated with them. I've been on the forum since 2014 and in that time I've raised probably 5,000-6,000 TBT through actual forum activity. Asking someone to take an 8,000 TBT hit so the community can have better collectibles is still a pretty big ask! It's hard because rare collectibles are now SO impossibly valued that members feel the need to have huge amounts of TBT on hand in case the collectible of their dreams becomes available.

This event is also random--even if we hit the highest possible milestone, many users will be left with nothing while others receive rare, high-value collectibles. I've sent several envelopes with my limited TBT, but I'm not necessarily motivated to post obsessively and go totally broke for this event when it's so likely that I, and many others, will still receive no return on the investment. It's going to feel a little bad watching some people receive collectibles valued in the thousands while others leave empty-handed, particularly as the winners-to-losers ratio will be unusually high.

Not discouraging anyone from participating! I still think this is a cool event and I like that so many of us are trying to send envelopes even with limited resources. Just wanting to remind everyone that an event with such a high chance element may not be everyone's favorite forum experience.

This event is also random--even if we hit the highest possible milestone, many users will be left with nothing while others receive rare, high-value collectibles. I've sent several envelopes with my limited TBT, but I'm not necessarily motivated to post obsessively and go totally broke for this
I think this is it for me. I started the event with over 5k and now have just over 200. I think it would be better if the goal was lower or the possibility of getting a rare collectible was higher. I’m just no longer motivated to keep sending out envelopes knowing the possibility is so low. Unfortunately don’t have the time to post obsessively. I’m sure a good amount of those with big amounts of tbt just feel it isn’t worth the risk.

I should be able to get enough for at least one more envelope! But I've mostly been working on posting in the thread I made about people's favorite songs from their favorite artists' albums, and it takes a while to go through songs, especially now that I'm working on going through the songs that other people posted.

Also, agree with what Sheando said. It's kind of disappointing to see people act like they're disappointed in other users for not dropping all of their TBT on this event... Maybe it's not your intent, but to me it comes across as if you're trying to shame or pressure others into buying envelopes. I'm pretty sure no one is obligated to participate in any events on this site. They could be saving their TBT for their dream collectibles. I doubt they're hoarding TBT just for fun, although that would also be fine. And again, everyone won't get a prize even if we reach 2,000 anyway, so imagine if someone spent thousands of TBT just to get nothing

I think if there's another event likes this in the future, a 100% sellback would be better than the 80% one we have for the envelopes, and would encourage more people to trade to help reach community goals. A loss of 18 bells per trade doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it does add up—I'm hoping to be able to find people to trade with so I can spend the rest of my bells on envelopes to help us reach those end goals, but I can't say that losing 20% of my savings doesn't sting a bit.

That being said though, I am going for broke at this point! If anyone wants to swap with me, I'll happily send one back as long as there's the tbt in my sidebar to do it! 🧧💪

While I understand where people are coming from in wishing active users with a lot of TBT would buy more envelopes, I don't know if it's fair to be frustrated with them.
I disagree. Its prefectly understandable to ve frustrated with them. Users with 30,000+ TBT will be able to afford their "collectible of their dreams" regardless. Its the poorer users in this event that suffer. We also have collectibles of our dreams as well. Some of them of them may even be the glow wands.

While it’s nice to do community tasks like this, knowing that so many people are going broke just to encourage this wand fever that is frankly ruining everything lately…it’s just really unfortunate. I don’t think it’s fair to ask wealthier users for their funds assistance. It’d be like, “Hey person I’m not really friends with but I want something from you, can I have your tbt new bestie? let’s be friends for a week.” It’s pretty insulting to those people.

So many people are so low on tbt already and are going to be REALLY disappointed when they’ve spent what little they have to not get anything in return for the generosity of their efforts. Would I love a blue heart wand? 110%. But I’ve just chalked it up to that I’m not going to get one and if I do it’ll be a grand surprise that will make a core memory. It’s really the only way to safeguard from disappointment at this rate.

Props to everyone working so hard on this though. GENUINE EFFORT is admirable, and I see so much of it *cough* @/jadetine and @/k o i - love you both *cough* and so many others really trying. You are the real MVPs. I don’t have enough to even send a single envelope, but I am still trying to get at least one out there.

It is admittedly a bit disappointing to see people with hoards of bells not help out more, but what can you do... I understand when it's difficult to make TBT and the highest value items are obnoxiously priced, but I do still hope that if we're lacking towards the end, they'll come swoop in and save the day 👀

in the mean time I will continue to try and post more so I can throw out more envelopes

I was able to sell a collectible to do more envelopes, broke again now though. So I'm thinking of treating it like dust gathering, post a bunch for the dust bells. 😁

I mean, I guess it would be ok to post in threads from years ago if I'm really interested in the topics? 😉
Post automatically merged:

We're at 1064 now, so it's still moving forward, and we have some days left.

I need more tbt so I can get more envelopes to send! I would send out regular collectibles as thanks for receiving an envelope (like I have been doing), but most of mine have been gifted to me (ex. my snowflake glow wand and stockpile of eggs), and idk if that changes anything. I will still try to find collectibles that I bought from the shop so I can gift them (I don't wanna have to resort to regifting gifts because that seems like you're mocking the person who sent you the gift in the first place)

I disagree. Its prefectly understandable to ve frustrated with them. Users with 30,000+ TBT will be able to afford their "collectible of their dreams" regardless. Its the poorer users in this event that suffer. We also have collectibles of our dreams as well. Some of them of them may even be the glow wands.

I see where you're coming from, but I guess I'm not sure why we are owed TBT from users with more TBT. Collectibles aren't real-life resources like food, shelter, or housing, where people with a lot of resources have a moral obligation to try to help those who are struggling. "It's the poorer users in this event that suffer"--do you mean that poorer users are losing TBT that might actually have been "make or break" in terms of future collectible purchases, as opposed to richer users who would be able to spend thousands while still having a large amount of savings? I can see that. But someone who spends 10,000 TBT would be basically just making a charitable donation to the community--no person has higher or lower odds, individually, than anyone else who bought a fortune cookie. It would also be super kind for a rich forum user to purchase dream collectibles for other people, but that doesn't mean they HAVE to do that or they are misbehaving.

I mean no hostility whatsoever--I understand that it might feel weird for people with almost no TBT to be working hard to invest for the community's benefit while people who have tons to spare don't seem to be "pitching in" as much. At the end of the day, though, these are virtual events that exist purely to be fun for the community, and nobody here has a moral mandate to participate in a certain way. I guess I'm just not sure it's fair to treat these events as if they're actual real-life collective action, or to treat TBT like it's a resource with objective value that confers responsibility on those with more. It's 100% fake money and no user will have better or worse real-life prospects based on the outcomes of this event.

I think the percentage of what you have a chance to receive should have been based off of how many red envelopes each user decides to buy as an individual versus as a whole. That way everyone can decide how much they want to spend and make their own luck so people who don’t help out can’t reap the benefits of those pouring all their tbt into this event. The more you spend the higher your chances of higher tier collectibles so people who don’t care for the higher tier collectibles don’t have to spend anything but they also won’t receive the chance to get it either off the efforts of others. If that makes sense? Right now it just seems unfair to the high spenders since their chances of receiving the collectibles will be the same as someone who spent nothing. I don’t know if this is even possible, but just my two cents.

on another note, the price of red envelopes is too high for an event like this in my opinion and the rate at obtaining bells through the bell bloom is too low.

I think the percentage of what you have a chance to receive should have been based off of how many red envelopes each user decides to buy as an individual versus as a whole. That way everyone can decide how much they want to spend and make their own luck so people who don’t help out can’t reap the benefits of those pouring all their tbt into this event. The more you spend the higher your chances of higher tier collectibles so people who don’t care for the higher tier collectibles don’t have to spend anything but they also won’t receive the chance to get it either off the efforts of others. If that makes sense? Right now it just seems unfair to the high spenders since their chances of receiving the collectibles will be the same as someone who spent nothing. I don’t know if this is even possible, but just my two cents.

on another note, the price of red envelopes is too high for an event like this in my opinion and the rate at obtaining bells through the bell bloom is too low.
That still kind of punishes those with little to no tbt though, who would be unable to buy a ton of envelopes to increase their own chances, but I see the fairness aspect of what you mean. It’s probably just a little too expensive over all. 50tbt would have been a perfect price.

Those glow wands are stirring passions,, again, but we must keep in mind that the percentage of getting them will probably be very low and maybe we will just all get nothing or a yellow candy and nobody will get a glow wand. Like in any gambling game it's better to decide in advance how much money you are ready to lose not to be too disappointed in the end. Right now only Jingle can afford buying 936 envelopes.

Honestly, the TBT shortage is part of a bigger problem. But I think all the TBT that’s been removed from circulation for all these red envelope purchases, as well as other spending opportunities, might been a long and overdue process in reversing the excessive creation of TBT from the alternative accounts and abuse of ABD interest from 2013-2015. Ten years ago, we had too much TBT in circulation. Now there’s too little.

Also, it’s not just the glow wands I’m hoping to unlock with the help of the community as a whole. It’s also the fact that there’s a 1 in 2 chance of winning any collectible with the fortune cookie I’m trying to unlock. I could care less if I won something from the fortune cookie. I want to help the community complete the big picture.

Yeah I see what you mean, I just figured if there was a collectible someone really wanted they would put in the effort to post everywhere and any where they could to make the bells for the red envelopes (or start threads) to up their chances, again I know that would be easier said than done if the red envelopes were cheaper and you gain way more for posting.

I agree that 50 tbt would have been a good price; $50 is how much my family usually puts in our hongbaos or even $20 if someone is having a bad year. Both would have been excellent red envelope prices.

That still kind of punishes those with little to no tbt though, who would be unable to buy a ton of envelopes to increase their own chances, but I see the fairness aspect of what you mean. It’s probably just a little too expensive over all. 50tbt would have been a perfect price.

With the sellback being 68, it's only 'really' priced at 18 if evenly swapped, but you're right, the 86 each could be a bit rough for some, though. I have a couple of valuable collectibles I could sell, but I really, really want to keep the ones that would pull in the most tbt (my galaxy egg!). 😅

I do have an extra mermaid scale egg though....but demand is currently low for some of the collectibles.

Well, on another topic...I am personally looking forward to the last non-cookie Dragon Token 🐉👀

I do agree the envelopes would be better a little lower in price. I wouldn't count them as 18 each because of evenly swapping because I don't think the event is meant for even swaps, and I don't expect even swaps. And if that is an expectation, then that's rough.
Though I think we are getting a little too heated over tbt.. er, wands. There are other opportunities in the future if it doesn't work out this time.

Back