• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ripening fruits?

WhitneyLeigh23

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0035-3986-9990
Okay recently we've all seen the new fruits and some we aren't sure of what they are.
Well I took pictures of all the new fruits from the direct and some look like the old fruits just not ripened...
For example, there are regular cherries shown, but there are also light orange/white cherries (I think) and this color is shown for many fruits, do you think maybe they grow back after you shake them out, but they have to ripen for a day or two first? something to speculate...

Here are the images:
Oranges that look normal:
op1nw6.png

Oranges that have a less ripe color(?) Or maybe even apples?
wl2cyo.png

And did anyone notice this?!? (orange gone wrong...?)
k3wxus.png

Cherries (normal)
2zq4nkk.png

Cherries not quite ripe?
23uq8mw.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.46.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.46.06 PM.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.49.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.49.14 PM.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.54.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.54.11 PM.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.46.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 2.46.29 PM.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 3.12.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-06 at 3.12.10 PM.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I think you are correct in the ripening theory. Although that orange looks messed up.. :s I wonder if it is meant to look like it has a growth ha.

I think you are correct in the ripening theory. Although that orange looks messed up.. :s I wonder if it is meant to look like it has a growth ha.

maybe! and after watching carefully, the second picture taken at night is apparently how the oranges look at night. so those aren't different.
but there's definitely something up with that orange with the growth, and the cherries.
Maybe with the cherries, it's because it's a different season?

The theory on that messed up orange is that it's a hybrid pear/orange. Who knows though...

I do agree with your ripe theory though!

lol its possible
the lighter cherries also sorta look like rainier cherries to me lol
and that orange looks like its starting to get peeled XD

oOO never noticed that! Good theory though ;)

But why would the makers have us wait more than four days (possibly), and thus pushing out bell progress back with all the money we need for town decorations?

The theory on that messed up orange is that it's a hybrid pear/orange. Who knows though...

I do agree with your ripe theory though!

You never know... What if a new feature is that you can plant two fruits at the same time and there is a chance that at least one will be a hybrid = more bells for one fruit! I hope it's not a glitch...

you forgot those:

2e1dnw3.png

oh yea! well I was only doing the ones I observed from the Direct, but those are abnormal too!
Notice how it's all of them, not just one like the orange?

Edit: OH those were from the direct, I missed them! Good eye ^.^

But why would the makers have us wait more than four days (possibly), and thus pushing out bell progress back with all the money we need for town decorations?

well i was saying that you shake the tree, the next day the fruit is back but it's just not ripe yet. then the next day it is.
opposed to the normal, you shake a tree, the next day the fruit is still gone, then the next day it's back.

Last edited:
You never know... What if a new feature is that you can plant two fruits at the same time and there is a chance that at least one will be a hybrid = more bells for one fruit! I hope it's not a glitch...
How could something like that be a glitch? That makes no sense, especially it being in an official video.

you forgot those:

2e1dnw3.png

that's an entirely new fruit all together

Also Gallow's pointed this out already. I'm pretty sure they're fruit hybrids. The first one looks like a pear/orange, the next like apples/cherries

that's an entirely new fruit all together

Also Gallow's pointed this out already. I'm pretty sure they're fruit hybrids. The first one looks like a pear/orange, the next like apples/cherries

You could be right, but with the lighter cherries, in the youtube caption translation of the direct, they were saying something about "ripe" and "seasons" when they were in the forest of those fruits. Maybe the fruits look different in different seasons?

The weird orange reminded me of a tangerine. Can't really think of what the cherries look like though.

Yep.
The hybrid fruit theory is probably correct. The oranges I pointed out, and after looking at the video a few other times, the other fruits mentioned have these abnormalities as well.

I didn't see anything weird with the bananas, lemons, coconuts, or anything else. But I'm sure they'll factor into it.

Very interesting. I wonder if they work the same way as flowers.. not exactly the same though. Since on the orange tree only one of the fruits were a hybrid, instead of all three. But those cherry-apples have a whole tree full.

SO here is my theory. When you are making the hybrid, only one of the fruit on the tree will grow. You then have to plant that fruit to make a full tree grow.

Yep.
The hybrid fruit theory is probably correct. The oranges I pointed out, and after looking at the video a few other times, the other fruits mentioned have these abnormalities as well.

I didn't see anything weird with the bananas, lemons, coconuts, or anything else. But I'm sure they'll factor into it.

Very interesting. I wonder if they work the same way as flowers.. not exactly the same though. Since on the orange tree only one of the fruits were a hybrid, instead of all three. But those cherry-apples have a whole tree full.

SO here is my theory. When you are making the hybrid, only one of the fruit on the tree will grow. You then have to plant that fruit to make a full tree grow.

this is possible!! I do still think it might have something to do with color changing in the seasons.
but actually, that still doesn't explain the hybrid fruits.

okay here's what i think:
normal fruits colors change during different seasons (i.e.: the light cherries on the fall trees)
but you CAN also make hybrids, and also your 'get one, then plant for more' theory. (i.e.: the pear/orange fruit, and whatever those island cherry-like fruits were)

Back