• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ripening fruits?

Exactly. With a feature like that it benefits the game, and I just don't understand what goes through peoples heads when they say they don't even want it in the game at all, then comes the time when the game is released and it ends up being really easy to do, they're going to like it.

I guess some people skip to conclusions.

Anyway Jabu, you're so right! Swimming was an anticipated feature and more pocket space. I really wanted more house decor, and there they have it.

It's new, so everyone isn't going to like it. Any of the features on here, there is going to be at least one person who isn't going to like each of them. Honestly, if diving for things hadn't been a feature I'd probably have never used the swimming feature at all. But that doesn't mean I didn't want it in the game, that's just being selfish.

Stacking fruit is a really nice addition though. With all of the new fruit and possibly the hybrid fruits, we'll be needing to stack them all.

People saying they hope there isn't content really bother me.

Seriously, why hope that something isn't in the game when you can easily avoid it if it is? That just makes it less appealing to people who would like the feature. Hybrid fruit would be just like hybrid flowers. All signs point to it being hybrid fruit, there isn't any other explanation that makes sense.

lol i was against it at first and didnt want it in
but now im just waiting to see what it is, if it is in its alright ill probly try it lol XD

lol i was against it at first and didnt want it in
but now im just waiting to see what it is, if it is in its alright ill probly try it lol XD

That's exactly the sort of attitude everyone else needs. =p

To me, this is probably my most anticipated feature out of everything we know of so far. It might not even be hybrid fruits, but if it is then that'll be my favorite thing out of the game. Some people like swimming, designing clothes, houses, etc. I like planting and hybriding plants and fishing. So yeah. You can't hate a feature you haven't even tried out yet guys.

The only problem I see with hybrid fruits is that fruits grow on trees so a hybrid fruit tree could grow in a place you don't want it and it can get annoying having to go chop down trees everytime a new hybrid tree pops up especially if you don't have the silver/golden ax.
I'm not going to lie, I think it adds a great variety to the game, but I think we are all jumping to conclusions on the idea after seeing a little bump popping out the tip of an orange.

That is the purpose of discussing it. Jumping to conclusions since we don't know what it is.
It's speculating.

But the similarity to a cross between an orange and a pear is hard not to notice, and having things just pop up randomly isn't how AC does things. With everything in the game, there is a process. There isn't any other explanation for what it could be, and with the hybrid flowers already being in the game the easiest thing to assume is that you can breed the trees.

The only problem I see with hybrid fruits is that fruits grow on trees so a hybrid fruit tree could grow in a place you don't want it and it can get annoying having to go chop down trees everytime a new hybrid tree pops up especially if you don't have the silver/golden ax.
I'm not going to lie, I think it adds a great variety to the game, but I think we are all jumping to conclusions on the idea after seeing a little bump popping out the tip of an orange.
I agree, jumping to conclusions is totally just wrong.

It's pretty obvious everyone. If you LOATHE a feature, then....

DON'T USE IT

I agree, jumping to conclusions is totally just wrong.

It's pretty obvious everyone. If you LOATHE a feature, then....

DON'T USE IT

Well with hyrbiding stuff you can't exactly not use it like you can jsut stop fishing or digging or talking to animals.
The only way to really stop hybridding is to not have any plants to hybrid with, and people do like having those plants in town and they don't want a new tree popping up every day, but that's just my opinion, if they add it great, but I think with all the new fruits that have entered the game, hybridding fruits isn't that necassary in this version.

That's exactly the sort of attitude everyone else needs. =p

To me, this is probably my most anticipated feature out of everything we know of so far. It might not even be hybrid fruits, but if it is then that'll be my favorite thing out of the game. Some people like swimming, designing clothes, houses, etc. I like planting and hybriding plants and fishing. So yeah. You can't hate a feature you haven't even tried out yet guys.

lol lol at first it made me feel like it was similar to hm a wonderful life with its ridiculous amount of hybrid trees but then i thought about how much i love making hybrid flowers so that ill probly like it XD
and those are my favorites too and bug hunting XD
i also really like the new bamboo :)

Well, we don't even know HOW the hybriding will happen yet. Maybe it'll be a function of the Silver or Golden Watering Can, when the tree is a sprout? Maybe it'll be by putting two trees diagonally of each other?

We don't know yet.

Well with hyrbiding stuff you can't exactly not use it like you can jsut stop fishing or digging or talking to animals.
The only way to really stop hybridding is to not have any plants to hybrid with, and people do like having those plants in town and they don't want a new tree popping up every day, but that's just my opinion, if they add it great, but I think with all the new fruits that have entered the game, hybridding fruits isn't that necassary in this version.

That makes absolutely no sense.

You have to place flowers to get them to breed, they don't just do it automatically. The same would go for the trees, along with needing the space for them to grow. You can completely avoid hybriding just by not placing two different fruit trees near each other, same with flowers. I think hybrid fruits are completely necessary, why not give us everything this time around instead of waiting?

lol lol at first it made me feel like it was similar to hm a wonderful life with its ridiculous amount of hybrid trees but then i thought about how much i love making hybrid flowers so that ill probly like it XD
and those are my favorites too and bug hunting XD
i also really like the new bamboo :)

The bamboo is what got me worried a bit, as long as it doesn't spread I'll be fine with it. But having it in the game is great, there is a ton of things I've already got ideas to use with bamboo and the new plants.

Well, we don't even know HOW the hybriding will happen yet. Maybe it'll be a function of the Silver or Golden Watering Can, when the tree is a sprout? Maybe it'll be by putting two trees diagonally of each other?

We don't know yet.

We don't even know if it is a hybrid fruit.

You have to place flowers to get them to breed, they don't just do it automatically. The same would go for the trees, along with needing the space for them to grow. You can completely avoid hybriding just by not placing two different fruit trees near each other, same with flowers. I think hybrid fruits are completely necessary, why not give us everything this time around instead of waiting?

The bamboo is what got me worried a bit, as long as it doesn't spread I'll be fine with it. But having it in the game is great, there is a ton of things I've already got ideas to use with bamboo and the new plants.

We don't even know if it is a hybrid fruit.
luckily i dont think theyll spread like real ones do

Flowers and trees allow you to earn the golden watering can. I am going to focus on the trees though, not the flowers, since they are there, and that's that, I enjoy the flowers since it brings new colors and stuff.
The trees, just like the flowers though, if you plant two peach trees next to each other could produce anothe rpeach tree just like two white roses produce a white rose.
You have to think long-term as well. Nintendo won't pile all their ideas in one game leaving nothing new and fresh for newer installments.

Season changes is what it looks like to me, but I'm not going to go through the whole thread to see if anyone else has suggested it.

Season changes is what it looks like to me, but I'm not going to go through the whole thread to see if anyone else has suggested it.

Yeah that's what I think too, but currently we are talking about the messed up orange even though it is the only orange in the tree that looks like that.

Honestly what if it isn't even an orange? We don't have any info that we can infer about.

Honestly what if it isn't even an orange? We don't have any info that we can infer about.
the other fruits in the tree are oranges, that's the only one that looks different.
And flowers don't have half white, half pink petals when hybridding, so why would a tree have only one hybrid fruit in it?

Flowers and trees allow you to earn the golden watering can. I am going to focus on the trees though, not the flowers, since they are there, and that's that, I enjoy the flowers since it brings new colors and stuff.
The trees, just like the flowers though, if you plant two peach trees next to each other could produce anothe rpeach tree just like two white roses produce a white rose.
You have to think long-term as well. Nintendo won't pile all their ideas in one game leaving nothing new and fresh for newer installments.

If they were producing AC games every year or so, then yeah, you would need to think long term. They aren't doing that.
When you're making a game in a series like this, you don't leave ideas out. You take everything you thought of and you put it into the game you're working on. If you leave ideas out, you turn out with a game that could have been better instead of a game that is better.

and yes, I know that multiple trees will grow new ones, if there is enough room for them. Your whole town isn't going to get filled with trees just by having them close together, same with flowers.

the other fruits in the tree are oranges, that's the only one that looks different.
And flowers don't have half white, half pink petals when hybridding, so why would a tree have only one hybrid fruit in it?

Because trees aren't flowers. To me it looks like the mechanics, if this is a hybrid fruit case, is that when hybrid fruits are made, they grow on the tree afterwards. So you don't have to grow a completely new tree which would take even longer and take up space. When hybriding fruit, you shake off the fruit there and wait for new fruit to grow, and 1/3 you'll get a hybrid. Which means it could be possible to get 2 and 3 on a tree as well.

Okay, I am just going to stop before people stop viewing this as an argument, it's not even a confirmed feature yet.

Back