• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Sad, Sad, Terrible Gruesome News (More so for NA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget where i saw this, but somebody went to Gamestop and was able to get a printed out sheet for pre-ordering games and their release dates. Animal Crossing 3Ds said it was to be release on January 1st 2013. I'll link the source if I can find it again!

Honestly it looks like a full list, I doubt they are going to release all of the predicted big sellers (LM:DM and AC3DS) at the same period at the launch of the Wii U.

I guess they figured they should just put LM on hold because they have lots of things coming this Holiday season so they figured while they wait they could just polish it up a little bit. As for Animal Crossing, this was expected. The same development group on AC was working on Nintendo Land at the same time.

I forget where i saw this, but somebody went to Gamestop and was able to get a printed out sheet for pre-ordering games and their release dates. Animal Crossing 3Ds said it was to be release on January 1st 2013. I'll link the source if I can find it again!

That's just a placeholder.

Like colinx said, that is a placeholder. I predict it around half of next year.

Honestly it looks like a full list, I doubt they are going to release all of the predicted big sellers (LM:DM and AC3DS) at the same period at the launch of the Wii U.

I guess they figured they should just put LM on hold because they have lots of things coming this Holiday season so they figured while they wait they could just polish it up a little bit. As for Animal Crossing, this was expected. The same development group on AC was working on Nintendo Land at the same time.

Well nintendo's website specifically says it is partial.

As much as I hate to say it, what Justin said makes the most sense.

If that's going to happen, then I completely understand the hold back on a US release for AC. Hm. Not too happy about it though.

"See the charts below for a partial list of upcoming games and software for hand-held Nintendo systems (details subject to change)."

for people who didn't want to read the entire page in the link above my post.

As much as I hate to say it, what Justin said makes the most sense.

If that's going to happen, then I completely understand the hold back on a US release for AC. Hm. Not too happy about it though.

"See the charts below for a partial list of upcoming games and software for hand-held Nintendo systems (details subject to change)."

for people who didn't want to read the entire page in the link above my post.

I posted that same quote in one of my previous posts, but I figured some people would flame me for just saying to go read the posts, so I also included to the link(source)

I'd imagine they're waiting on 3rd party titles. Considering NoA knows lots of info on when things are coming out. I am pretty sure they would have all their ducks in a row for 2 Nintendo titles. Plus, it matches other rumors we've being hearing such as LM: DM being delayed and AC:3DS coming out in 2013. As many others said, releasing 3 big first party 3DS titles on top of a new home console at the same time isn't the smartest move either. I am also pretty sure that they are hard at work completing Nintendo Land so.. having a launch title by Nintendo is more important then having a 3DS title with no official release date in the US.

Sorry, I didn't bother going back and reading the entire thread.

On subject though, if the Wii U is coming out around that time then I can completely believe that we won't see AC3DS in the US until next year. Nintendo will want to push away anything else they have in order to make sure the Wii U is top priority. Also like Justin said, if any 3DS games were released during the chaos that will be the Wii U launch, they probably wouldn't even get noticed due to all the commotion about the new console.

Yeah, I have been so worried about buying the Wii U, THAN seeing AC: 3DS released right away. Imagine how much Wii Us would be returned that day LOL

I would import the game this Fall if I had the money, but that means I need a 3DS :p UNLESS I can affored having a region-changer LOL

True, I plan to get LM: DM.

At least USA has NTSC, the same coding as Japan. I feel bad for PAL regions because they have to do more than translating :(

Yeah, but they got a release date, so they might feel bad for us, lol.

But honestly, I think NA release will be anywhere between EU and Japan. Still thinking this year, I mean just because they stopped the list at the end of November, doesn't mean there won't be anymore games added BEFORE that, like in October.

I think it sucks from my point, since I won't be purchasing a Wii U. But from Nintendo's point, they're making the right move if they want to make sure all of their things get the proper sales they need.

Oh well. It's not like we haven't waited two years for it already. (ಠ_ಠ)

I won't be purchasing it at launch. The only game that I'm really interested in playing on the Wii U right now is Scribblenauts Unlimited, so I'm going to wait for any possible price drops or sales that always happen a few months after launch. Then there might be more games released as well.

I will end up getting a wii U, just not during the release, unless there is a serious lack of 3DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back