• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Sad, Sad, Terrible Gruesome News (More so for NA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you got to stop deluding yourself. When they say partial, they mean other game companies. Not a partial list of NINTENDO games. That's all Nintendo's games through 2012, so we're not getting it this year. And if we were, it would be announced in the next month, in time for it to actually be released. Plus, they probably don't have any games released in December, because it would be too close to paper Mario. They space their releases by 2 or 3 months at least, and Animal Crossing is too big a title to release that close to Paper Mario. All signs point to 2013, and mid 2013 at that. (Because Luigi's Mansion will probably be the big release of early 2013.)

I'd had my hopes up that they'd announce it soon as well, but the release date for Paper Mario solidifies that it's not coming. It's too late for them to announce it's release before Paper Mario, and there's not enough time after for them to still get it out during the holidays.

You can hope for a 2012 release, but logic goes against it. (Know this bums me out as well, I just couldn't stand the flaws in your arguments.)

Well Nintendo, has yet to put a release, if they knew they would just release it in 2013, they would put up a 2013 release, they wouldn't wait for an actual release date for next year, only this year.

Maybe I am just optimistic, but logic really doesn't point against it, as there has never really been any specific signs other than assumptions.

And next time, quote the post where I actually said it was a partial list, which is doesn't mean for non-nintendo games, you don't know that.

Well Nintendo, has yet to put a release, if they knew they would just release it in 2013, they would put up a 2013 release, they wouldn't wait for an actual release date for next year, only this year.

Maybe I am just optimistic, but logic really doesn't point against it, as there has never really been any specific signs other than assumptions.

And next time, quote the post where I actually said it was a partial list, which is doesn't mean for non-nintendo games, you don't know that.

1. Nintendo of America has been releasing information later than other territories this year. (I know because it's annoyed me to no end.) The announcement is coming, just later. (Not to mention that if it was coming in 2012, they would have already TOLD us. Like they did with Luigi's Mansion before it was pushed back to 2013. The only reason they told us about Luigi's Mansion was because it's an actual delay, otherwise we wouldn't have heard about that either.)

2. Optimism is fine. Trying to back it up with invalid (I mean this in the actual prepositional logic sense, not the common term) arguments is not. You're needlessly raising others' hopes for something that won't happen.

3. That it's coming in 2013 is based off of multiple variables that build a logical argument. Not assumptions. An assumption would be basing it off something like the fact that we got CF at the same time as Japan. That variable doesn't matter anymore, so bringing it up is pointless. But you could still make assumptions based off it.

4. When you look at the context of what they're saying, it's obvious. They have the complete release schedules for a few companies, including Nintendo, but not every 3DS release. So when they say partial, they mean other companies are left off the list. They do not mean that it's an incomplete 2012 release list. Only blind optimism confuses the context and brings the word 'partial' into question. (Why does it matter what post I quote? I just read them all, then quoted your last one. =/ Sooooo Idk.)

5. I'd say there is a very slim chance it's coming on 2012. Like, 98% chance with a margin of error of 2%. (Not that I've done the math, mind you. My statistics are a little rusty, this is rough estimate.) But I'd say that by 9/1/12 it's impossible, because they wouldn't announce anything for December after that. (They usually announce release dates 3-4 months in advance.)

6. If it is released in 2012, I'll call you 'Supreme Overlord of AC:3DS Predictions,' and never argue with such fervor against your points ever again. But it's coming in 2013, so this point is moot. ;D

1. Nintendo of America has been releasing information later than other territories this year. (I know because it's annoyed me to no end.) The announcement is coming, just later. (Not to mention that if it was coming in 2012, they would have already TOLD us. Like they did with Luigi's Mansion before it was pushed back to 2013. The only reason they told us about Luigi's Mansion was because it's an actual delay, otherwise we wouldn't have heard about that either.)

2. Optimism is fine. Trying to back it up with invalid (I mean this in the actual prepositional logic sense, not the common term) arguments is not. You're needlessly raising others' hopes for something that won't happen.

3. That it's coming in 2013 is based off of multiple variables that build a logical argument. Not assumptions. An assumption would be basing it off something like the fact that we got CF at the same time as Japan. That variable doesn't matter anymore, so bringing it up is pointless. But you could still make assumptions based off it.

4. When you look at the context of what they're saying, it's obvious. They have the complete release schedules for a few companies, including Nintendo, but not every 3DS release. So when they say partial, they mean other companies are left off the list. They do not mean that it's an incomplete 2012 release list. Only blind optimism confuses the context and brings the word 'partial' into question. (Why does it matter what post I quote? I just read them all, then quoted your last one. =/ Sooooo Idk.)

5. I'd say there is a very slim chance it's coming on 2012. Like, 98% chance with a margin of error of 2%. (Not that I've done the math, mind you. My statistics are a little rusty, this is rough estimate.) But I'd say that by 9/1/12 it's impossible, because they wouldn't announce anything for December after that. (They usually announce release dates 3-4 months in advance.)

6. If it is released in 2012, I'll call you 'Supreme Overlord of AC:3DS Predictions,' and never argue with such fervor against your points ever again. But it's coming in 2013, so this point is moot. ;D

I could say that those games aren't AC games, and games like Mario 3D land and Mario Kart 7 were exceptions to that rule as they were released around the same week as Japan.

But since, any discussion that goes for long periods of time is viewed as an argument, I will just get off the topic of that.

I do see that you made very great points, and I highly respect that, but I am just one of those people who won't believe a release date until announced by the company directly, sorry.

And, I'll hold you to that #6 statement you made, though yes considering your points could make it unlikely.

Thank you for taking the time to type that well-worded response.

Same with superpenguin. I dont accept release dates and announcements by someone who DOESNT work at Nintendo, its not really reliable. Unless you email them everyday or go to Redmond, Washington.

I could say that those games aren't AC games, and games like Mario 3D land and Mario Kart 7 were exceptions to that rule as they were released around the same week as Japan.

But since, any discussion that goes for long periods of time is viewed as an argument, I will just get off the topic of that.

I do see that you made very great points, and I highly respect that, but I am just one of those people who won't believe a release date until announced by the company directly, sorry.

And, I'll hold you to that #6 statement you made, though yes considering your points could make it unlikely.

Thank you for taking the time to type that well-worded response.

And I'd point out Fire Emblem, and we'd be back to where we were. ;D

Thanks for not acting like I attacked you directly. =]

I guess we'll see who's right in the coming months. (Although I always bet on my own horse.)

And I'd point out Fire Emblem, and we'd be back to where we were. ;D

Thanks for not acting like I attacked you directly. =]

I guess we'll see who's right in the coming months. (Although I always bet on my own horse.)

How did you get to type all that? 0_0 did your fingers start aching?

EDIT: I mean the long post, not this.

Lol, no. I actually love writing. Most of my posts are sort of TL;Dr-y. I have to edit myself to make it shorter, often.

yes, I type long stuff usually too, not all the time though, and I type fast.

And I bet on my horse as well, so we will have to see, I wonder if a guide will come out for the game, probably will, I will get it.(might not open it though, cause I like the first year to be a total surprise on what I get and what's happening)

Lol, no. I actually love writing. Most of my posts are sort of TL;Dr-y. I have to edit myself to make it shorter, often.

When I write in real life, my fingers never hurt and whenever I type they dont tend to hurt LOL

Back to the topic:
I hope NOA is done squashing those bugs. If they aren't I will probably write 100 hate-mails to them (if they don't reply it will make me angrier LOL)

When I write in real life, my fingers never hurt and whenever I type they dont tend to hurt LOL

Back to the topic:
I hope NOA is done squashing those bugs. If they aren't I will probably write 100 hate-mails to them (if they don't reply it will make me angrier LOL)

don't you dare write hate-mail to them. When company's that are just trying to produce items that people want, receive rude responses, they just will stop, it's happened before.

I doubt they would stop after 2+ years in development, but don't do it, BellBringerGreen.

Though I'm sure you were just kidding

I doubt they would stop after 2+ years in development, but don't do it, BellBringerGreen.

Though I'm sure you were just kidding

Of course xD

I wished Japan was the one who squashed them, and us Americans would translate while they squash.

To be fair, Nintendo games, especially the AC series, has always been 99% bug free. They do a very good job at making sure nothing ruins the gameplay.

But they've got a whole team that does separate jobs, they've got the debugging team, the translation team, programming, testing, artists, etc. I think that they have it covered but the time it has taken shows that they stopped somewhere along the lines and decided to go a different route.
I think that we've neglected to notice that during this time they have went from what used to be just an AC game on the 3DS to AC on the 3DS where you're mayor, can place objects, and do all of the new stuff that we now know about. To be honest as well, if the US has to wait as long as EU then that's fine with me. We've got a ton of games coming out in the next few months, huge titles. So unless you're a hardcore Nintendo only kinda person, there is more to look forward to this year.

I feel it's time to step in.

I'm sure the intentions of this thread were innocent, and I hope nothing is taken as offensive, as I mean none of it to be that way.

The list of release dates for NA means nothing, as Nintendo is still keeping the AC3DS release date under wraps. The public announcement is a big stage in the release of a highly anticipated title. As of right now, I'm still pretty sure we (NA) will get it at the same time as Japan. Each game's release date on the first posts roster has already been mentioned, and the ones that have not will obviously not be on it.

Also, the delays are translation and coding.

Back to the topic:
LOL yeah. but seriously now, am I only the one of few people that doesn't mind when they release the game as long as they release it?

I like to save up for my games so I can budget for purchasing them and I just think that if I have to wait longer. I will be able to save for longer, so there is more chance of me having the money to afford the game when it is finally released.

I can wait for the release date, that doesn't bother me, but they didn't even give it a title for NA (let's face it, chances are it definitely won't be AC:3DS). If it going to be AC: Jump Out, they should at least say something. That gets me angrier than not having a release date.

They most likely will mention the name during the Nintendo Direct in September and hopefully a release date in 2013. I'd think they may show a trailer too. Lets be honest, this game is getting one of the most low key releases I've seen for a few years. I hate how neglected this title is. It's always been put off for other games. Animal Crossing is such a great game too and this one definitely looks like it could surpass the GCN version and it most certainly does not look like a rehash. Shame this game isn't getting the recognition is deserves.

They most likely will mention the name during the Nintendo Direct in September and hopefully a release date in 2013. I'd think they may show a trailer too. Lets be honest, this game is getting one of the most low key releases I've seen for a few years. I hate how neglected this title is. It's always been put off for other games. Animal Crossing is such a great game too and this one definitely looks like it could surpass the GCN version and it most certainly does not look like a rehash. Shame this game isn't getting the recognition is deserves.
This

It gets a lot of recognition in Japan. But you're right, it's a shame it doesn't get the recognition it deserves in the western countries. If Nintendo released it in the US alongside of Japan, I would really be surprised, but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back