• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Salmon Run Mafia *main thread* [GAME OVER. SEE POST #460 FOR RESULTS.]

Well if shawo collects that would be useful.

idk how to feel about the whole situation. i need to think through everything and hear from everyone else.

Caff curious why you collected egg?

Because I’m either going to be voted off or splatted at night. In hind sight I probably should have waited it out and pleaded my case. In my head, I thought for sure Shawo was samonid and after I die, there would be no where to run. But thinking about it a bit more - that would be a dumb move to pull at this time for an experienced player.

Beginner mistakes :(

Also I didn’t know rolecop was such a big roll. I figured at best I’d get to use it once and may or may not get lucky. I was hoping to use it tonight but figured the chances of dying are too high, getting an egg is the best I can contribute.
Post automatically merged:

I also didn’t want Shawo to get away claiming something that sounded just like my ability in case it was used again later on.

Because I’m either going to be voted off or splatted at night. In hind sight I probably should have waited it out and pleaded my case. In my head, I thought for sure Shawo was samonid and after I die, there would be no where to run. But thinking about it a bit more - that would be a dumb move to pull at this time for an experienced player.

Beginner mistakes :(

Also I didn’t know rolecop was such a big roll. I figured at best I’d get to use it once and may or may not get lucky. I was hoping to use it tonight but figured the chances of dying are too high, getting an egg is the best I can contribute.

I also didn’t want Shawo to get away claiming something that sounded just like my ability in case it was used again later on.
Just for future reference, alignment cop is one of the most important town roles. If you inspect someone and they turn out to be town it can feel like you missed a shot at the mafia since you have to balance your inspects vs how long you expect to live, but don't underestimate how helpful it is to have someone in the thread you know you can trust. It's good for sniffing out mafia, but it's also good for helping town develop a core. Don't feel too bad about how things shook out. My very first game I rolled cop, but I didn't even know I was allowed to claim so I let myself die and took my information with me.

Yeah I'm going to collect, also sorry about that Caff, in my mind it was fine to go after someone who egged...

Anyways, I do feel bad about the play, since Caff probably ends up self clearing themselves.

No real reason to kill Caff either, since they die by Mafia everytime I think.

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
Sending messages formatted exactly like official Grizzco memos?
Talkin' about private details of those memos?
Don't make me send LEGAL down here...

Nobody's getting modkilled, but try to word things yourself in casual language. Don't use bullet points when describing your gear. or Mr. Grizz will come after you.

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
Sending messages formatted exactly like official Grizzco memos?
Talkin' about private details of those memos?
Don't make me send LEGAL down here...

Nobody's getting modkilled, but try to word things yourself in casual language. Don't use bullet points when describing your gear. or Mr. Grizz will come after you.

Yessir! Understood sir!

Yeah I'm going to collect, also sorry about that Caff, in my mind it was fine to go after someone who egged...

Anyways, I do feel bad about the play, since Caff probably ends up self clearing themselves.

No real reason to kill Caff either, since they die by Mafia everytime I think.

If you collect, I can target you tonight. My ability will not give me anything specific, but I can use my stealth and tell if "an action" has been done. (I don't see how that relates to my gear, but then, not a splatoon player, so pfft.)

Hello recap? I know b100 was mafia. Any questions for me again?

Just don't vote caffline, lol.

If you collect, I can target you tonight. My ability will not give me anything specific, but I can use my stealth and tell if "an action" has been done. (I don't see how that relates to my gear, but then, not a splatoon player, so pfft.)
The four eggs have already been collected by Caff, myself, Tessa, and Ghost. Hence my question to Ghost about why he immediately collected without getting the lay of the land and thinking if it was a good time to use his power.

The four eggs have already been collected by Caff, myself, Tessa, and Ghost. Hence my question to Ghost about why he immediately collected without getting the lay of the land and thinking if it was a good time to use his power.

Well crap. I thought we had one left.

While I am admittedly spending more of my available time over at the holiday event, I did have a couple quick questions/maybe a suggestion.

Looked at d1, 3 people did not vote. Elundor, shawo, caffline. Today Elundor you have no elim vote. Just wondering why the no votes, and why the d2 no elim. (placeholder?) Caff is obv town, but it was just weird to have so many no votes, so am curious.

Ok so let's cover the scenario's mechanically.

One. Caffline Mafia:

Game ends right away.

Two: Misty mafia? She has an ability to mess with my ability?

Three Shawo Mafia:

I mean it's just a mechanical win right? Even if Caff doesn't flip Mafia, and I die, misty probably doesn't have a second kill along with whatever ability would make me miss my ability.... right?

I don't understand how you included misty and I'm not following the thinking here. My assumption is that it's all part of the reaction test?

Strong with 2 salmonid, weak with one salmonid.

I'm not gonna explain my ability though.

It's opposite day today. Yesterday you seemed to be pressing for more info, today not so much, even with elundors direct questions.

Well if shawo collects that would be useful.

idk how to feel about the whole situation. i need to think through everything and hear from everyone else.

Even if I egg I'm not going to lose my ability right?

Shawo, if we're alive and game still going tomorrow, would you be willing to collect an egg? (Provided it doesn't interfere with whatever ability you have). I would like to use my ability on you. (I'd like to exit the death tunnel if possible 😑 ).

My 2 obv towns right now are ghost/caffline. And only 1.5 death tunnels in my head. That's better than usual....

I don't understand how you included misty and I'm not following the thinking here. My assumption is that it's all part of the reaction test?
I almost got real heated at that too when I first read it. But I think Shawo's reasoning for including me - and no one else - there is that I was the only person whose ability wasn't announced in the SoD post by droqen. Shawo, Shell, and I were the only ones who had abilities last night (b100ming was one of the four who didn't collect as well) so my being missing was an obvious outlier to flesh out the reaction test.

Back