• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Salmon Run Mafia *main thread* [GAME OVER. SEE POST #460 FOR RESULTS.]

I almost got real heated at that too when I first read it. But I think Shawo's reasoning for including me - and no one else - there is that I was the only person whose ability wasn't announced in the SoD post by droqen. Shawo, Shell, and I were the only ones who had abilities last night (b100ming was one of the four who didn't collect as well) so my being missing was an obvious outlier to flesh out the reaction test.

Makes sense. I see things thrown out there sometimes without much (or any) reasons incl and I gotta question it, lol. It doesnt help my tunnel tendencies...

I know I haven't had any content today, I'm in school and just haven't had time to check. I'm on here for a bit and I'll be active later tonight.
Shawo, if we're alive and game still going tomorrow, would you be willing to collect an egg? (Provided it doesn't interfere with whatever ability you have). I would like to use my ability on you. (I'd like to exit the death tunnel if possible 😑 ).

My 2 obv towns right now are ghost/caffline. And only 1.5 death tunnels in my head. That's better than usual....
If Shawo's ability is a dud with only one salmonid then why don't they collect today? It won't benefit town with the golden eggs wise, but if you can use your ability asap, that's probably the best idea. Plus it doesn't sound like the ability that shawo has can do much now, anyway.

I know I haven't had any content today, I'm in school and just haven't had time to check. I'm on here for a bit and I'll be active later tonight.

If Shawo's ability is a dud with only one salmonid then why don't they collect today? It won't benefit town with the golden eggs wise, but if you can use your ability asap, that's probably the best idea. Plus it doesn't sound like the ability that shawo has can do much now, anyway.

Yeah that was my plan earlier, but ghost got the last egg before he did.

I have stated why I collected if you didn’t read I did it because my action is pretty useless rn

Is there a limit to how many eggs you can collect?
Post automatically merged:

Ik there's a quota but does that equal a limit too?
I believe so yes. The day action thread has a sentence that says that extra eggs won't be counted and anyone who tries to go over the quota will still get their night action.

I have stated why I collected if you didn’t read I did it because my action is pretty useless rn
I mean... you know your ability best ig. Do you have any thoughts about anything that's happened?

I'm still trying to gather my own thoughts and I'm on mobile rn. I'll hopefully have something more comprehensive later on my computer.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. I'm wondering if anyone in this game has played Splatoon with Shawo before to know their preferred weapon, as Shell revealed that Shawo's Splatoon weapon was her ability in thread. Idk what it does in game, but if you told me 'tentbrella, but make it mafia' I'd probably assume a jailkeeper role (which wasn't too far off the mark). Could just be that they made a lucky guess/it was a coincidence, but it's the only mech info I can think of. From my perspective Shell didn't look any more or less obvtown than anyone else did d1.

So I didn't vote day 1 because I wasn't aware I had to declare no vote as no elim, now that it's been pointed out I have tentatively placed a no elim until i gather more info. First time playing here so my apologies.

Yep, I know. Was just saying why shawo couldn't collect.

I'm still trying to gather my own thoughts and I'm on mobile rn. I'll hopefully have something more comprehensive later on my computer.

I'm always on mobile. I don't own a computer so my phone is my only access, lol.

I'm wondering if b100ming knew she'd probably be elim d1 (as it's almost tradition now).

Last edited:
Yep, I know. Was just saying why shawo couldn't collect.

I'm always on mobile. I don't own a computer so my phone is my only access, lol.

I'm wondering if b100ming knew she'd probably be elim d1 (as it's almost tradition now).
It’s a sad tradition

It’s a sad tradition

Yes, it is. Like geoni getting d1 nightkilled.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. I'm wondering if anyone in this game has played Splatoon with Shawo before to know their preferred weapon, as Shell revealed that Shawo's Splatoon weapon was her ability in thread. Idk what it does in game, but if you told me 'tentbrella, but make it mafia' I'd probably assume a jailkeeper role (which wasn't too far off the mark). Could just be that they made a lucky guess/it was a coincidence, but it's the only mech info I can think of. From my perspective Shell didn't look any more or less obvtown than anyone else did d1.

I've never even played splatoon. 😅

Sorry guys, I think I messed up yesterday. In the moment, I was so sure Shawo was samonid but that was impulsive and not thought out

Now I’m not sure if shawo’s weapon was a dud because a samonid died like he said or if he just did a reaction check on me - but doing that on d2 seems like giving up for mafia, so I’m town reading Shawo.

B100ming’s ability was to temper with someone else’s gear but it wasn’t used. Misty was the only other person who had an ability but that whole thing with the splatnet makes me think it wasn’t misty tempering?

I am town reading tessa for nailing b100m. I’m town reading elundor for getting on the wagon before all the votes were in… seems too risky for a new player to do that as wolf.

Everyone is town reading ghost, but I have nothing solid to make that call.

That leaves Betsy … I don’t believe questioned b100m at all but voted her at the last min.

Sorry guys, I think I messed up yesterday. In the moment, I was so sure Shawo was samonid but that was impulsive and not thought out

Now I’m not sure if shawo’s weapon was a dud because a samonid died like he said or if he just did a reaction check on me - but doing that on d2 seems like giving up for mafia, so I’m town reading Shawo.

B100ming’s ability was to temper with someone else’s gear but it wasn’t used. Misty was the only other person who had an ability but that whole thing with the splatnet makes me think it wasn’t misty tempering?

I am town reading tessa for nailing b100m. I’m town reading elundor for getting on the wagon before all the votes were in… seems too risky for a new player to do that as wolf.

Everyone is town reading ghost, but I have nothing solid to make that call.

That leaves Betsy … I don’t believe questioned b100m at all but voted her at the last min.

Actually, I did question b100ming early on for low activity (along with you and elundor) because while she said she would be busy, she wasn't posting at all. Here is the quote:

I don't think activity is necessarily AI, but without activity, it's possible for maf to hide so it makes me uncomfortable. Elundor, b100, and caff I think are low activity and would like to see more to get a better read. I know b100 said she was busy with other things, and elundor and caff are new. So hope to see more today, reads and reasoning, to help make up my mind on them for town/sus.

Also, Elundor did not vote for b100ming. He didn't vote at all, which I've also questioned today.

And one reason I wondered if b100ming knew she was gonna get yeeted was because it would be the perfect opportunity for a partner to bus, thus clearing them the rest of the game.

At eod day, I was waiting to see which of my susses showed up to eother collect an egg or defend themselves or at least post something. Several people showed up at the very last minute, and only b100 and shawo did not.

Actually, I did question b100ming early on for low activity (along with you and elundor) because while she said she would be busy, she wasn't posting at all. Here is the quote:

Also, Elundor did not vote for b100ming. He didn't vote at all, which I've also questioned today.

And one reason I wondered if b100ming knew she was gonna get yeeted was because it would be the perfect opportunity for a partner to bus, thus clearing them the rest of the game.

At eod day, I was waiting to see which of my susses showed up to eother collect an egg or defend themselves or at least post something. Several people showed up at the very last minute, and only b100 and shawo did not.

If it’s actually tessa bussing b100m, I will never trust again

Also I guess I meant you didn’t question her after the whole cover weapon thing. The low activity didn’t seem like a huge thing. I don’t think it’s sus that you didn’t question her becuase I didn’t either - just that you voted her at the last minute but was the only one who didn’t voice concern … so it felt out of the blue.

I still don't know why so many didn't vote.

I didn’t vote because the only other run I did, some people just didn’t vote so I thought that was normal. I genuinely didn’t sus b100m at all - I didn’t have any lead. I was ok with majority choosing, but wasn’t going to vote b100m day one because of this horrible guilty conscience.

It also all happened very fast 😭. I was not prepared for those last 5 min

Last edited:
Also I guess I meant you didn’t question her after the whole cover weapon thing. The low activity didn’t seem like a huge thing. I don’t think it’s sus that you didn’t question her becuase I didn’t either - just that you voted her at the last minute but was the only one who didn’t voice concern … so it felt out of the blue.

I didn’t vote because the only other run I did, some people just didn’t vote so I thought that was normal. I genuinely didn’t sus b100m at all - I didn’t have any lead. I was ok with majority choosing, but wasn’t going to vote b100m day one because of this horrible guilty conscience.

All I can say is that everyone showed up last minute, so that's all I had to go on. I was going to vote either elundor, shawo, b100ming, or you. Elundor showed up and followed the b100ming sus (but didn't vote her), you collected an egg (with like, a minuteto go) so I was left with b100 or shawo.

While I am admittedly spending more of my available time over at the holiday event, I did have a couple quick questions/maybe a suggestion.

Looked at d1, 3 people did not vote. Elundor, shawo, caffline. Today Elundor you have no elim vote. Just wondering why the no votes, and why the d2 no elim. (placeholder?) Caff is obv town, but it was just weird to have so many no votes, so am curious.

I don't understand how you included misty and I'm not following the thinking here. My assumption is that it's all part of the reaction test?

It's opposite day today. Yesterday you seemed to be pressing for more info, today not so much, even with elundors direct questions.

Shawo, if we're alive and game still going tomorrow, would you be willing to collect an egg? (Provided it doesn't interfere with whatever ability you have). I would like to use my ability on you. (I'd like to exit the death tunnel if possible 😑 ).

My 2 obv towns right now are ghost/caffline. And only 1.5 death tunnels in my head. That's better than usual....

Sorry for the delay. Yeah everything was part of the reaction test.

And I was actually going to Egg, I made that last post after the fourth person egged, thus I was just making the observation that it didn't matter.

btw I think the vote here ends up mostly forced for a few reasons, but I'll go back and do some info. There's not a whole lot of reading due to d1 salmonid kill

I inherently townread Tessa and Miss Misty via the start of the B1ooming vote. I do think Betsy voting B1ooming EoD gives a similar response. (This one is less certain.)

I mean I really do think Caffline is town via the response to the rxn test I gave. (Notably an alignment cop claim following an instant egg is the only way for a mafia to get out of an alignment cop claim, but I really am not going to worry about that.

And I vaguely know that I'm town.

This leaves Ghost, and Elundor as targets for today's kill (fmpov).

The only thing that would really confuse me about either one being mafia is that B1ooming's role seems weak. Arbitrarily so, given the information about the setup that we know so far. So does it make sense for either of those 2 players to be ones that would be willing to self egg?

So following that train of logic, I'd probably prefer Elundor?

Last edited:
Back