• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Salmon Run Mafia *main thread* [GAME OVER. SEE POST #460 FOR RESULTS.]

not me scrambling awake for eod @_@

I'm voting b100ming and i'll get an egg. i'm also not feeling good with all this sus on shawo, particularly eyeing the people who expressed it.
and @shawo where's the push today that you promised?
I agree with the shawo stuff.
Thank you for getting an egg! You pulled through and im sure caff misty and the rest town are all relieved.

@b100ming was Splatted by popular vote.

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
Let's see... you harvested five batches of golden eggs this time.
Oh, you all got together and decided to do a little extra cleanup?
Hmph... Smells like they were secretly a
SALMONID.
All right, get back to the boat. Nice haul.

@b100ming was a SALMONID
800px-Splatoon_2_-_Chums_2D.png

with the gear: TOXIC MIST
ToxicMist-Splatoon2.png

• When you deploy this ability during the night, a player of your choice will fail to use their gear.
The ability will be announced publicly the next day but nobody will know who used it, or who the target was.
(e.g. “Someone got hit with TOXIC MIST last night!”)

~

Please submit your night action for NIGHT 1 before 6 PM EST, Dec 13.

DAY 2 will begin at 7PM EST on Dec 13, starting with an announcement of everything that happened during the night.
Post automatically merged:

P.S. Surviving players who can use their night actions are:
@Miss Misty
@shellbell
@shawo

Last edited:
NIGHT 1​

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
There's a group of Cohocks down by the shoreline. I'll leave a cannon. You know what to do.

Miss Misty, shellbell, and shawo mounted the three cannons down by the shoreline while the rest COLLECTED GOLDEN EGGS, depositing their stolen bounty into the egg basket. The final wave was going fine until three Flyfishes spawned all at once. Still, everyone could have survived if they hadn’t moved with unexpected coordination, launching all their missiles at a single Inkling…
veMt4TPQRJuhPgQHkiSH4KPeFyTCTmn7rf3MMlS4D2iCV5lOv45tTgzIP5PB1WgP7iBuLALBoNsYc9uqcwXwg9uieZx75nalh-U42NW0ys3xsb36j3ems6Apt25eqCrcKWmL6TDNEJA
@shellbell was an INKLING
527px-Salmon_Run_S2_work_crew_art.png

with the gear: TENTA BRELLA
S2_Weapon_Main_Tenta_Brella.png

• When you deploy this ability during the night, it will protect a player of your choice from being Splatted tomorrow night. (It won’t protect them during the night you use the ability, only the next night.) You can't use this ability two nights in a row.
The ability and its target will be publicly announced during the day, but not who used it.
  • A tent slowly moves in front of @shawo.
  • A laser sight is pointed at @Caffline.
DAY 2 BEGINS

(ends Dec 15th, 7:00 PM EST)
The work crew:
1. b100ming - SALMONID
2. @Ghost2008
3. @Miss Misty
4. @BetsySundrop
5. @shawo
6. shellbell - INKLING
7. @Caffline
8. @Elundor
9. @tessa.

S2_Stage_Marooner%27s_Bay.png

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
Tough luck, kid. You might’ve been the best employee I ever had.
Oh well! Rest of you fresh young talent, we got another quota.
I expect four of you to be FULL-TIME on COLLECTING EGGS here at Marooner’s Bay! DO YOUR JOBS!

"I hate that fact that I always eliminate B100ming d1... well pray for the best."

I literally wrote this the second the thread closed but I mean it sorta aged well! I think this is the first time I've actually voted mafia (without bandwagoning quickly)

Good work town! I'm so grateful my instincts worked out alright. I feel like Misty +1ing to the b100m vote makes me town read them, cause Misty could've easily turned that vote around and said "woah woah woah, someone else or no elim instead" saving b100m.
I was gonna say the same thing about shell... but rip.

I'm curious about the whole laser sight at caffline, and I'm assuming the tent was shell's doing.

Also I would prefer to not collect golden eggs today, I feel like my power could be beneficial now that we have 1 of the salmonids eliminated.

Wow I’m shocked pikachu that b100ming was ebil samonid. Also… noooo shellbell, I’m so saddddd :(

Okay, good job friends. We have located one of the two sneaksters. My suggestion is we go ahead and declare our abilities and weapons now. We should easily be able to sniff out the last one, I would imagine. If this is amenable to all, I can go first. @shawo stated PR (not completely sure what that is... but it was implied that mafia would take them out if they outed themselves?) Mafia obviously did not take him out so what does that mean? That's my thoughts currently.

To add to this - the way the summary was written seems to imply only those who did not collect were available to die? I could be wrong about that though?

My order of inkling -> salmonid:

Tessa was 100% on point and can now rest on her laurels in my headspace till the end of time.

Misty sussed b100ming pretty early on about that cover weapon comment and was second to vote b100ming - pretty inkling.

Shawo didn’t do anything for b100ming or do a push on someone else as promised - very inkling unless there’s some lone wolf strategy I don’t know about. Shawo better be inkling cause I think shell used her tent brella on shawo.

Elundor hopped on that b100ming wagon before all the votes were in - very inkling.

Betsy voted for b100ming too but at that point b100ming was pretty much going to be eliminated not matter what. Betsy also did make an effort to make sure we met our quota Mr. Grizz so… inkling maybe?

Ghost gave out his weapon name really early, seems inkling but that pure speculation so…. Ghost mafia??
Also, I’m also realizing that I town read b100ming but I genuinely did not feel sus of her. I also have meta guilt from miss eliminating her last time D:

Okay, good job friends. We have located one of the two sneaksters. My suggestion is we go ahead and declare our abilities and weapons now. We should easily be able to sniff out the last one, I would imagine. If this is amenable to all, I can go first. @shawo stated PR (not completely sure what that is... but it was implied that mafia would take them out if they outed themselves?) Mafia obviously did not take him out so what does that mean? That's my thoughts currently.

To add to this - the way the summary was written seems to imply only those who did not collect were available to die? I could be wrong about that though?

Thinking about it now, maybe mafia would kill someone who is not collecting because they may have found something overnight…

I don't know if revealing abilities is a good idea. At least my ability can be given to those who are salmonids and it won't be very useful

However the fact that you used the word sneaksters in that post alone makes you a town member.

Ghost gave out his weapon name really early, seems inkling but that pure speculation so…. Ghost mafia??
I've played with ghost enough times to town read him in this situation, especially with that. Maybe some might disagree but I feel like I've miselimed Ghost a lot because of something he said or did with pure town intent.
I am also feeling the b100ming guilt. I really hate how many times I've voted her off d1, had she ended up being inkling I would've never forgiven myself.

hey guys I pointed the laser at caffline and they're salmonid. Gg i guess.

also sorry for not being on at day end last night, it's low-key finals week for me but I really didn't intend on missing it... good job finding ... mafia though....

Glad my gut instinct was correct and that we got a salmonid day one!

Here were the thoughts I put together last night.
Nightly Thoughts:
- So begins the WIFOM. b100ming brought up the cover weapon theory. b100ming was a salmonid. So the question becomes 1) was b100ming just inventing the possibility of cover weapons whole cloth or 2) was b100ming telling the truth about cover weapons because she was given one? Either way, the goal was clearly to try to bait town into cannibalizing themselves. I'm glad my gut instinct that this play was strongly anti-town ended up being correct, but I don't know what to do with this info now.

- Liking the fact that Tessa and I (well, other people also sussed b100ming, but Tessa and I were the only two to make real cases for it) both sussed b100ming independently for different reasons, yet still arrived at the same conclusion. Obviously this is very contingent on that conclusion being correct. But Tessa critiqued my focus on the cover weapon theory while also becoming gradually more annoyed that b100ming wasn't answering her questions. Either Tessa was pulling off one heck of a bus job, or she's just town here.

- b100ming was pretty hard in anti-spew from the start it seems on read back. She spent pretty much the first 24 hours of day one talking just about Wings of Fire with a few 'yeah I'm not around' posts sprinkled in. Makes it difficult to get a sense of partner or non-partner interactions. Her interactions were as follows:
- joked near SoD with Elundor about the eggs
- demanded proof of WoF fandom from Shawo and then later sussed Shawo for not seeming worried about being NKed.
- shaded Caffline for finding Tessa's intro towny and then later mentioned a willingness to vote Caffline (though she remained on no elim the entire day)
- shaded Ghost by complaining about him giving the salmonids information and segued that into the whole cover weapon thing
- answered some very simple questions from Tessa and Shell (about why she voted no elim) while ignoring the more difficult questions (whether she'd be willing to harvest eggs)
- critiqued Betsy's reasoning for TRing Ghost
The only person she didn't interact with was me and I know I'm not her partner. So she definitely did interact with her partner at some point, I just can't see it since it was all fluffy and surface level and she shaded half the field and ghosted the other half. The least partner-like interaction I see is between her and Tessa since salmonid!Tessa wouldn't have reason to ask her those pointed questions and repeatedly point out her not answering them and making her look bad. I suppose there's tinfoil potential of b100ming being just as uninvested in mafia chat as she was in the game thread and letting herself be bussed to cement salmonid!Tessa as a trusted towny, but that's just not fun to play against so I hope it's not the case. Really hoping someone else read b100ming's ISO and got something better cause, as you can see, I got nothing particularly valuable from it.

Meanwhile back to the present, I'm MonkaSing at the laser sight thing because my ability isn't able to target people, so it's Shawo's doing. I'm hoping it's something good.

"I hate that fact that I always eliminate B100ming d1... well pray for the best."

I literally wrote this the second the thread closed but I mean it sorta aged well! I think this is the first time I've actually voted mafia (without bandwagoning quickly)

Good work town! I'm so grateful my instincts worked out alright. I feel like Misty +1ing to the b100m vote makes me town read them, cause Misty could've easily turned that vote around and said "woah woah woah, someone else or no elim instead" saving b100m.

I'm curious about the whole laser sight at caffline, and I'm assuming the tent was shell's doing.

Also I would prefer to not collect golden eggs today, I feel like my power could be beneficial now that we have 1 of the salmonids eliminated.

I felt horrible voting b100ming! Ever since my first game here, b100ming has been misyeeted either d1 or very early on in every single game...but hey, it finally paid off, lol.

also sorry for not being on at day end last night, it's low-key finals week for me but I really didn't intend on missing it... good job finding ... mafia though....

LIAR!

Oh, so soon?

I mean if you were to be wrong it wouldn't matter cause we could eliminate you d3.
Gg ig?

Guys, go ahead and vote me. Once I die, you’ll know who salmonid. I’ll even collect a golden egg on my way out.

Back