• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I just hope for another playable Animal Crossing character, in this case Isabelle (since I also
don't know who else could work for that spot). Otherwise, I saw lots of people the past days
that want Waddle Dee in Smash. I mean, why not, he's a cute guy and I would be happy too
if he gets in.

Very nice to see that Isabelle made it into Smash! Now I wonder who else could be in.
While Waddle Dee is one of my favorites that I would really like to see in the game, it
would be also nice if either Incineroar or Decidueye make it. I would prefer Incineroar
here a little bit more since it's my favorite Pokemon and I think it would also fit pretty
good into the game as a fighter (especially because of it's look).

On the other site, Shadow as a Echo Fighter for Sonic would be cool too.

Honestly love the Isabelle reveal. I'm glad she isn't an echo fighter. She is on my mind for list of new mains to try out.

Everyone wants Isaac from Golden sun put in, but like.... that isn't relevant at all. I really hope he isn't

I forsee Shadow and Ken for echo fighters, and Incineroar and Geno as the most likely left, but you know were getting something out of left field no one saw coming

Well, Nintendo just released a remix of Happy Home Designer for this game. Yeah yeah I'm late by one day but no one is mentioning it.

Remix makes me wanna cry to be honest.

I'm going to put this in a spoiler, but new fighter leaks seem pretty credible:

Ken - source: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9hpt77/spoilers_character_and_potentially_new_stage/
UpufEPk.jpg

Steve - no images but from a credible leaker: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9hjv09/potential_character_leak/

edit: obviously these aren't confirmed but if you like hype they are here

Last edited:
Have they announced anything regarding the modes in the game yet? As much as I love that all the characters are returning and Isabelle is in it, I really want there to be a single player mode like Subspace from Brawl.

Have they announced anything regarding the modes in the game yet? As much as I love that all the characters are returning and Isabelle is in it, I really want there to be a single player mode like Subspace from Brawl.

I believe they did show like half a second of classic mode but it was so brief I already competely forgot what it looked like.

The hidden mode thing hasn't been revealed yet, no. I think we can expect a direct about the final game either this or next month.

I believe they did show like half a second of classic mode but it was so brief I already competely forgot what it looked like.

The hidden mode thing hasn't been revealed yet, no. I think we can expect a direct about the final game either this or next month.

Oh, alright. Thanks for explaining that. :)

What do you all think of the newest leak?

I won't list all the leaked characters since you can find it like everywhere

Last edited:

To be honest? I don't like this leak. The reason for that is that only one of the supposedly
new characters is really interesting for me, I don't even care for the others, so yeah. If it
turns out to be true then I would be kinda disappointed as I was hoping for other fighters,
but who cares, at least I already have some favorites so it wouldn't bother me that much
(even if I still hoping that that one character from another leak will be in it).

As for this leak, I will wait and see if it turns out to be true. Too many people argue right
now about how legit this new leak really is and I hope that there will be a enlightenment
soon.

You know originally this looked kind of legit, but then I zoomed in closer. There's no way Shadow's arm would be that thick in the official art. You can even compare it to Sonic's below him. That alone is enough for me to take this with a grain of salt. The fact they'd put Geno in though also throws me off. I know there would be more characters on the wishlist roster that have more popularity than him.

You know originally this looked kind of legit, but then I zoomed in closer. There's no way Shadow's arm would be that thick in the official art. You can even compare it to Sonic's below him. That alone is enough for me to take this with a grain of salt. The fact they'd put Geno in though also throws me off. I know there would be more characters on the wishlist roster that have more popularity than him.

I really don't want it to be true, since adding Isaac to me is annoying. Another blonde and another swordsman, yawn. Chorus kids is another weird one because like how do you control 3? Separate people? Or are they stacked? I mean it's interesting but it weirds me out. I don't care for Ken but I get it, shadow is fine, geno id be hyped for just because it's a long time coming. Mach rider echo? To say we're getting 4 brand new characters with a month to go seems off. Nothing has said that an echo has to be from the same series even if it typically is. Though I feel like they would need to do something with the bike, and if it's any echo it's for falcon.

Also like I was really hoping for new pokemon rep at base. Obvi incineroar, but whatever tbh. All of the reps we've gotten so far are fan favorites from the past. All of these seem like old characters, and then there is no newer people incorporated? Also chorus kids and Mach rider just aren't what I think a lot of people want, like the others. And if this roster stands, the only new character is Isabelle which also doesn't seem right.

From an evidence standpoint this seems credible, but from a logical choices for nintendo, it doesn't make sense. However obviously we get some weird choices from nintendo.... Wii fit trainer, duck hunt, rob, etc.

I really don't want it to be true, since adding Isaac to me is annoying. Another blonde and another swordsman, yawn. Chorus kids is another weird one because like how do you control 3? Separate people? Or are they stacked? I mean it's interesting but it weirds me out. I don't care for Ken but I get it, shadow is fine, geno id be hyped for just because it's a long time coming. Mach rider echo? To say we're getting 4 brand new characters with a month to go seems off. Nothing has said that an echo has to be from the same series even if it typically is. Though I feel like they would need to do something with the bike, and if it's any echo it's for falcon.

Also like I was really hoping for new pokemon rep at base. Obvi incineroar, but whatever tbh. All of the reps we've gotten so far are fan favorites from the past. All of these seem like old characters, and then there is no newer people incorporated? Also chorus kids and Mach rider just aren't what I think a lot of people want, like the others. And if this roster stands, the only new character is Isabelle which also doesn't seem right.

From an evidence standpoint this seems credible, but from a logical choices for nintendo, it doesn't make sense. However obviously we get some weird choices from nintendo.... Wii fit trainer, duck hunt, rob, etc.
Speaking about the supposedly new characters: I don't care for Isaac and Ken at all,
I don't know much about Geno since I never played the game(s?) he's in, so can't really
tell my opinion about him. Shadow would be that one character I find interesting. And is
it bad that I don't who the heck Mach Rider is? Also Chorus Kids would be a really weird
choice. I mean, why not Karate Joe who would fit way better into this game?

I was also one of those people that really wanted a new Pokemon fighter, in this case
Incineroar. Back then when the first rumors came up that Incineroar is maybe in Smash,
I prayed that this would be true. After all, if this leak is really real, there is maybe still a
chance that he could become a DLC and/or that the leak didn't show the final roster at
all. Or if it's not Incineroar then another new Pokemon fighter.

After all, I kinda hope that this leak is not true. Sure, they were weird choices of fighters
back then, but then again, like you said, not many want Mach Rider or Chorus Kids in it, I
never saw anybody that wanted these characters in Smash at all. So yeah, I hope we get
a explanation soon.

I really don't want it to be true, since adding Isaac to me is annoying. Another blonde and another swordsman, yawn.

You are always entitled to your own opinion on characters. Lord knows I have them, too. But... I at least try to look beyond my surface ignorant perceptions of a character. What you just said about Isaac is one of these surface ignorant perceptions. Yes, Isaac has the appearance of a swordsman, but the sword itself is only used in Golden Sun games for the basic attack option in battles. Isaac and Golden Sun is much more about psynergy (magic) and summons.

ragnarok1.gif

Besides, you claim that this final roster would not satisfy people. You are very wrong. This is objectively the best final roster in terms of what fans want I have ever seen since I've began speculating in the Brawl era. (which makes me take it with a grain of salt). Isaac, Geno and Banjo & Kazooie have been characters with major support since before Brawl (especially Isaac and Geno, I think Banjo was not as prominent because of the licensing complications), like Ridley and K Rool. Maybe not quite at the level as Ridley, but it's hard to top that. These characters have pretty much topped any attempt to recreate the Smash Ballot. The fans very much want them, and including these three characters would shoot the hype so far through the roof for the game for a lot of Nintendo fans I can't even begin to describe.

Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are more along the lines of what I'd expect from Sakurai. These are not widely requested characters, but they are believable. Especially because Sakurai always throws in some kind of NES-era retro character (Mach Rider in this case).

I still need official confirmation (or a more conclusive leak) before I will believe this one, though. It's just so good.

Not really interested in the new characters besides Shadow, but then again I’m not convinced yet and am going to take this leak with a grain of salt as well

Back