• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

So what did you name your town?

Solace. I originally planned on naming it Solitude (from my favourite city in Skyrim. And yes, I saw chriss post the same thing, omg) but then I came up with Solace after more thinking. It's pretty much a corruption of Solitude. I asked my best friend what she thought, and she liked Solace more, and I did too. And then ta-da.

I planned in advanced to name my town Onett, because i'm a huge Earthbound fan. (I have the Ness shirt, hat, yo-yo, and pins), but i went with Kakariko in the end. Zelda fans know that its a famous location in Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and others. I'm gonna make that my town tune as well.

Ylisse. Noticed a trend in my names for towns beside the fact I rip the name from other games/media, they're usually medieval-ish. Redwall and Kardia, book and Rune Factory 1. So I went with Fire Emblem Awakening's halidom.

I settled on FarNoble. I was trying to come up with something that didn't sound like a regular town name. One of my favorite Doctor Who companions is Donna Noble, so I thought of using "Noble" somehow. I looked up some prefixes and suffixes for Old English/Saxon towns and tried them out with Noble. Nobleton sounded common, Noblemor was another close pick. Nobledun, DunNoble, NobleEnd (that one sounded morbid), and the list went on. So, I settled on FarNoble finally only because I capitalized Noble and it sort of looks cool that way.

I named my town Castle☆ ^_^! I had trouble thinking of names and that was one of the first ones that came to my mind.

What's wrong with two people having the same town name? it's not like its going to be the only one in the world

Haha, you know you are right! :) Ill name it Rakuen anyways, its a lovely word with a lovely meaning n__n

I ended up going with Cafu Bay. I wanted the word bay in the name even despite my town not really being a bay. xD

I wanted my town name to be "perfect" and "natural", so I came up with "Dewtopia". :/

Back