K.K.Slider said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
These should be in it yes?
history1.gif
THEY BETTER BE!!!!

But we all know they won't. .___.

We need a Sonic Adventure 3, complete with multiple storylines for different characters and a Chao Garden again!! ;___;
I'd be happy with a Chao Garden game on Wiiware.
SEND THAT IDEA TO NINTENDO DAMNIT!
*SEGA

Nintendo didn't make the Chao.

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Here's the leaked footage of the alpha footage:

[flash=425,sdash]

They kept the Sonic Heroes menu sound effects from the official site in the game! =D This game looks so awesome... It's the perfect blend of modern and classic Sonic.
One question, i thought you hated the gameplay of classic Sonic? If the gameplay is supposed to be like classic Sonic, wouldn't you atleast doubt this game a little?
It's not really the gameplay that I hated about the old games. I mostly just hated the style (especially Sonic's American style). I didn't care for the graphics. All the moving background layers are an eyesore to me and just confuse me sometimes. About the gameplay, it's not that I didn't like the gameplay, I just prefer the games today that have given Sonic more abilities, like the Homing Attack (which is in Sonic 4!) and Light Dash. Also, I prefer levels that are more straightforward than the maze-like levels of the older games. The added platforming element isn't a bad thing, but when there's so many multiple paths in a level, I just don't like it. I'm not a very decisive person, and I hate skipping things, so in the old games I'll find myself exploring the whole level, bringing myself back to the beginning instead of getting to the end, and then I run out of time. =p I prefer Sonic games that are fairly straightforward with an emphasis on speed. A little bit of platforming thrown into the mix at times is fine, and the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games made a perfect balance of both gameplay styles. That's why I'm excited that Dimps is making Sonic 4, because they're the same people who made Advance, Rush, and Sonic Unleashed Wii daytime levels.

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:

[flash=425,sdash]

They kept the Sonic Heroes menu sound effects from the official site in the game! =D This game looks so awesome... It's the perfect blend of modern and classic Sonic.
One question, i thought you hated the gameplay of classic Sonic? If the gameplay is supposed to be like classic Sonic, wouldn't you atleast doubt this game a little?
It's not really the gameplay that I hated about the old games. I mostly just hated the style (especially Sonic's American style). I didn't care for the graphics. All the moving background layers are an eyesore to me and just confuse me sometimes. About the gameplay, it's not that I didn't like the gameplay, I just prefer the games today that have given Sonic more abilities, like the Homing Attack (which is in Sonic 4!) and Light Dash. Also, I prefer levels that are more straightforward than the maze-like levels of the older games. The added platforming element isn't a bad thing, but when there's so many multiple paths in a level, I just don't like it. I'm not a very decisive person, and I hate skipping things, so in the old games I'll find myself exploring the whole level, bringing myself back to the beginning instead of getting to the end, and then I run out of time. =p I prefer Sonic games that are fairly straightforward with an emphasis on speed. A little bit of platforming thrown into the mix at times is fine, and the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games made a perfect balance of both gameplay styles. That's why I'm excited that Dimps is making Sonic 4, because they're the same people who made Advance, Rush, and Sonic Unleashed Wii daytime levels.
Alright, fair enough. But for the Genesis, STH had pretty good graphics.

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:

[flash=425,sdash]

I'd say the graphics are still pretty stellar today, I think they've aged pretty well.

Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:

[flash=425,sdash]

I'd say the graphics are still pretty stellar today, I think they've aged pretty well.
Yeah :D

Theory: Is it possible, that the secret character could be classic Sonic? Maybe they'll let you select between Old school sound effects/Sonic and stuff to please both groups?

Also, i'm not liking how it's for Wiiware and Xbox Arcade D:

Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Theory: Is it possible, that the secret character could be classic Sonic? Maybe they'll let you select between Old school sound effects/Sonic and stuff to please both groups?

I don't see that happening honestly, unless it was DLC.

Do we know when the second character is revealed?

Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbad thing, but when there's so many multiple paths in a level, I just don't like it. I'm not a very decisive person, and I hate skipping things, so in the old games I'll find myself exploring the whole level, bringing myself back to the beginning instead of getting to the end, and then I run out of time. =p I prefer Sonic games that are fairly straightforward with an emphasis on speed. A little bit of platforming thrown into the mix at times is fine, and the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games made a perfect balance of both gameplay styles. That's why I'm excited that Dimps is making Sonic 4, because they're the same people who made Advance, Rush, and Sonic Unleashed Wii daytime levels.

I don't see that happening honestly, unless it was DLC.

Do we know when the second character is revealed?
But it would be cool if it happened :C

I don't, but maybe someone else does :T

Miranda said:
I'm actually pretty excited for this, I'm glad to see that they are going back the original style-ish. I like sonic as just a good side scrolling platform =) I will for sure be getting this.

Though I am upset they went and re did his look...old sonic was so much better. =(
It's not like they just redid his look with this game. >_> He's had his modern design since 1998, longer than he's had his original design. Sega redesigned him for a reason. His new style overall looks much better than his old style did, because it's more detailed and drawn better. Of course you could still prefer his old style to his new one, but I think that most people who prefer the old style are either held back by nostalgia, or they just have an irrational hatred for Sonic's modern look because they don't like the newer games. I don't know why it's such a big deal to so many people, anyway. It's the gameplay that matters, not the character design. Who cares if he has green eyes?! I think it's much better than no eye color at all. If you can't enjoy a game because of minor details like that, then you have your priorities wrong. (That's directed at people who say that they can't enjoy the game if modern Sonic is in it, not to you.) It's like saying that Mario should go back to this:
MarioInDKArtwork.jpg

I don't think that would be a wise move for Nintendo, do you? The same can be said for Sega. They have a design that looks great right now, and although there are fans who prefer Sonic's original design, they're far outnumbered by today's audience. People are used to modern Sonic now, and it would be a stupid move for Sega to rip it from them. There's nothing wrong with going back to Sonic's roots gameplay wise, but using an outdated design wouldn't be a smart move, especially in today's market. Sonic is who is he, and he's not changing.

But you said that you're getting the game for sure, so I'm guessing that Sonic's modern design isn't a huge problem to you, so don't take this like it's directed at you, lol.

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:

[flash=425,sdash]

I won't deny that it had good graphics for the time. I just don't like them myself, lol.

Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

The second character on the site isn't a new character. It's in the same category as Sonic; "Featured", not "Playable". It's Eggman. Sega said that Sonic would be the only playable character. They're pulling a Smash Bros. DOJO!! on us and revealing info that we already know, like how they revealed Motobug a few days ago.

As for an option to play as Sonic's original design, I don't think Sega would do that. It would totally destroy continuity. Sonic's original, shorter design is from when he was younger. They changed his age with his modern design (to 15), which can explain why he's taller and such. Things like eye color were just added to make the design look better, much like how Mario's clothes have changed color over the years. Anyway, if you put younger Sonic and older Sonic in the same game together, you get a time paradox. This isn't Ocarina of Time. XD

And what's wrong with it being on WiiWare and XBLA?

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbad thing, but when there's so many multiple paths in a level, I just don't like it. I'm not a very decisive person, and I hate skipping things, so in the old games I'll find myself exploring the whole level, bringing myself back to the beginning instead of getting to the end, and then I run out of time. =p I prefer Sonic games that are fairly straightforward with an emphasis on speed. A little bit of platforming thrown into the mix at times is fine, and the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games made a perfect balance of both gameplay styles. That's why I'm excited that Dimps is making Sonic 4, because they're the same people who made Advance, Rush, and Sonic Unleashed Wii daytime levels.

The second character on the site isn't a new character. It's in the same category as Sonic; "Featured", not "Playable". It's Eggman. Sega said that Sonic would be the only playable character. They're pulling a Smash Bros. DOJO!! on us and revealing info that we already know, like how they revealed Motobug a few days ago.

As for an option to play as Sonic's original design, I don't think Sega would do that. It would totally destroy continuity. Sonic's original, shorter design is from when he was younger. They changed his age with his modern design (to 15), which can explain why he's taller and such. Things like eye color were just added to make the design look better, much like how Mario's clothes have changed color over the years. Anyway, if you put younger Sonic and older Sonic in the same game together, you get a time paradox. This isn't Ocarina of Time. XD

Having it destroy continuity doesn't make sense, this is right after Sonic and Knuckles.

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:

Well hey, they could always try for alternate costumes, i don't think it'd turn out too bad.

i can't even use Xbox Live, and if i didn't have a connection for the Wii i'd be screwed D= I guess i just prefer it the classic way, on a disc/cartridge.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbad

Having it destroy continuity doesn't make sense, this is right after Sonic and Knuckles.
It's never been said that it's directly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can't be directly after it, because Eggman is wearing his new clothes that he changed into in Sonic Pocket Adventure (yes, Eggman's new look was actually explained in-game). It simply picks up the story where Sonic 3 & Knuckles left off. There can be games, and time, in between.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:

It's never been said that it's directly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can't be directly after it, because Eggman is wearing his new clothes that he changed into in Sonic Pocket Adventure (yes, Eggman's new look was actually explained in-game). It simply picks up the story where Sonic 3 & Knuckles left off. There can be games, and time, in between.
It's been called the direct sequel to Sonic 3 and Knuckles and takes off right after the plot of Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Little things like Robotnik's clothes are errors on the developer's part.

Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:
Master Crash said:

Well hey, they could always try for alternate costumes, i don't think it'd turn out too bad.

i can't even use Xbox Live, and if i didn't have a connection for the Wii i'd be screwed D= I guess i just prefer it the classic way, on a disc/cartridge.
Oh, I thought you were implying that it should only be on PSN, lol. I understand now. Yeah, I kinda wish it was a retail disc and wasn't split into episodes, but at least I can line up Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, and all the episodes of 4 in a neat group on my Wii now. XD

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:

It's been called the direct sequel to Sonic 3 and Knuckles and takes off right after the plot of Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Little things like Robotnik's clothes are errors on the developer's part.
It's never been called a direct sequel. It's just a sequel. The Intro on the official site only recaps Sonic 1 through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because Sonic 4 is part of the numbered Sonic games. The Intro completely leaves out Sonic CD and all the Game Gear games that took place alongside the numbered games. That's not saying that they never happened, just that their plots don't concern this game.

Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
Rawburt said:

Oh, I thought you were implying that it should only be on PSN, lol. I understand now. Yeah, I kinda wish it was a retail disc and wasn't split into episodes, but at least I can line up Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, and all the episodes of 4 in a neat group on my Wii now. XD
Lol, to me, it's just more money i need to spend :p

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnot "Playable". It's Eggman. Sega said that Sonic would be the only playable character. They're pulling a Smash Bros. DOJO!! on us and revealing info that we already know, like how they revealed Motobug a few days ago.

It's never been called a direct sequel. It's just a sequel. The Intro on the official site only recaps Sonic 1 through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because Sonic 4 is part of the numbered Sonic games. The Intro completely leaves out Sonic CD and all the Game Gear games that took place alongside the numbered games. That's not saying that they never happened, just that their plots don't concern this game.
"Sega is positioning it as a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega Genesis"

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sega-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-coming-this-summer.ars

Trust me, everywhere says it a direct sequel.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnot
"Sega is positioning it as a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega Genesis"

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sega-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-coming-this-summer.ars

Those aren't Sega's exact words, though. It's just the media interpreting it.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnotdirectly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can't be directly after it, because Eggman is wearing his new clothes that he changed into in Sonic Pocket Adventure (yes, Eggman's new look was actually explained in-game). It simply picks up the story where Sonic 3 & Knuckles left off. There can be games, and time, in between.

Those aren't Sega's exact words, though. It's just the media interpreting it.
The plot takes off RIGHT after the Death Egg is destroyed in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I don't see why you're trying to deny it coming right after that game, or why you even care that it does.

Give me evidence as to why it's not a direct sequel.

Back