• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

South Korea getting AC on Feb 7th with 3DS LL Bundle.

I'm more frustrated than angry with this. It just seems like NoA is closing its eyes and plugging its ears to Animal Crossing fans. Yes, the game is being localized, but we haven't heard a peep since the trailer was released. At this point there's no use to even emailing Nintendo, unless you enjoy reading the same paper-cut-out responses. I wonder if they think it won't sell well in the west?

Whatever the case is...
...I'm still going to sit here patiently with my money and hope for a brighter day. :(

In a way its kind of a good thing.
I mean, they're pretty much giving them a release date only a month before the game comes out. So it's possible that NoA or EU could give us a shotgun release date, too.

I'm more frustrated than angry with this. It just seems like NoA is closing its eyes and plugging its ears to Animal Crossing fans. Yes, the game is being localized, but we haven't heard a peep since the trailer was released. At this point there's no use to even emailing Nintendo, unless you enjoy reading the same paper-cut-out responses. I wonder if they think it won't sell well in the west?

Whatever the case is...
...I'm still going to sit here patiently with my money and hope for a brighter day. :(

I agree. The silence is what kills it. What you're saying and everybody else too, though, is that you hope NoA will tell us a release date, and by doing so, ending the silence, which will turn over...a new leaf

I agree. The silence is what kills it. What you're saying and everybody else too, though, is that you hope NoA will tell us a release date, and by doing so, ending the silence, which will turn over...a new leaf

Beautiful.

But really, yes. It'd be great to have a release date thrown our way. At least then we'd have something to look forward to, no matter how close or far away it is.

There was a nintendo JP for it October 5th, i heard october 25th was when the date was offically announced and it came out(japan time) on november 9th.

Thanks :) Well then, one month notice is the trend. That works for me. I hope they hurry up and announce it for NA.

In a way its kind of a good thing.
I mean, they're pretty much giving them a release date only a month before the game comes out. So it's possible that NoA or EU could give us a shotgun release date, too.

This is very possible!
Hope they will have a new Nintendo Direct soon..

Nintendo of Korea announced that Animal Crossing: New Leaf (44.000 Won) will be ready for the country on February 7, 2013. Next to this, they are also getting the Nintendo 3DS XL bundle (318.000 Won).

http://www.nintendo.co.kr/PR/press_list.php?cPage1=1&cPage2=1&idx=69&press_div=P

I am speechless. Happy for Korea, of course, but completely amazed.

Why does North America get the shaft when it comes to pretty system colors.. Their red and blue XL's are the ugliest colors they could have possibly slapped on.

Hey!!! I *LIKE* my blue 3DS. It is my favorite color. Too bad we don't have more choices for those who prefer other colors, but to me the blue color is pretty, not ugly.

Honestly, while I'm irritated that NoA STILL hasn't released an official date for the game here, I'm happy for Korea (probably because I'm korean).

Yeah. :/ Honestly, the most we have is the title and we heard a quarter idea back forever ago. In comparison, the UK has gotten an update on AC for every 3DS Nintendo Direct and even if it's not a confirmed release date, it's still something.

I know people are complaining about people being whiny, but I can understand people being frustrated. US has gotten the smallest amount of information on what the heck is going on and the game has been out for a couple of months now. Just a trailer or something rather than feeling like it's being ignored would be wonderful.

But yes, definitely happy for Korea. My frustration has nothing to do with them and it's nice to see them getting a game so early so I hope they enjoy it :)

what
WHAT
WHAT?
tumblr_mc24c0cOgt1r3zat8.png

I'm so happy for Korea... yay

My thought is that there's an obvious reason why Korea's getting it before anyone else. They don't have to re-program anything but the language for them. They don't have to change any holidays. I doubt ACNL will come to the US or EU or AU with White Day, the Doll Festival, or the day where you dress as a troll and throw beans at each other. We'll have to reprogram a lot of the game to suit our cultural differences. Korea didn't need to. :)

But good for them, I suppose. It's a great shame for Europe, Oceania, and North America though. But this gives me hope that the game will be released very soon, probably April and May for Europe. Same applies for Oceania and North America. NA Will probably get it three days before us though.

This is frustrating, but gives me a small sliver of hope as well. These one month shotgun release dates make me hope that maybe when we do get a release date, we won't be waiting forever. xD

I'm curious about something. So, I know when Oceania, NA, Europe, and Asia get their games, but when does it get released for South America and Africa?

Back