• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

South Korea getting AC on Feb 7th with 3DS LL Bundle.

It seems like they knew it was coming over there or at least soon. Just found ? oct 21 Nintendo of korea nd that talks about the game and others games as well. (About 12 mins)

Oh and they got the ad running now saw the latest one made for them.

I'm curious about something. So, I know when Oceania, NA, Europe, and Asia get their games, but when does it get released for South America and Africa?

As of late, Latin American releases have coincided with North American releases. As for Africa, the answer is never, as far as I can tell - except for South Africa, which is considered part of "Europe."

Well...that adds another language, then, to the NA release (for those that still believe the localization of language is the reason for the delay). Most of South America speaks Portuguese. Not saying that I think this is the reason..I think they are waiting for the right marketing moment.

As of late, Latin American releases have coincided with North American releases. As for Africa, the answer is never, as far as I can tell - except for South Africa, which is considered part of "Europe."

I feel bad for Africa then.

I thought a lot of South America speaks Spanish, It was mainly Brazil that speaks Portuguese. :confused:

Yes and no. Nine out of twelve South American countries are Spanish-speaking, but Brazil makes up more than half of the total South American population.

Apart from Africa, whole swaths the world are neglected by Nintendo and other major video game companies. If it's some consolation, piracy tends to help close the void.

Yep..was going to say that about Brazil...evident if you look at a map of South America and take into account that it has the fifth largest population in the world ( http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/ctypopls.htm ).

So for the American release (including all of North, Central, and South Americas), they need to localize for English, French, Spanish, and Portugese. That is, providing that you believe that they don't already have that done.

That's really annoying how korea gets it before north america I just want the game already what's going on with Nintendo.

That's really annoying how korea gets it before north america I just want the game already what's going on with Nintendo.

Chances are, Nintendo of America is just trying to figure out the best time to release the game. They really already have all the resources to translate the game, it's just the matter of determining the most profitable release period.

sigh
1. how is it annoying? it makes sense since korea need only 1 language to be translated into
2. what about europe and australia. we still exist too
3. whats going on with nintendo is that they need a good time to release the game so it wont affect other game sales and whether theyre actually done localising and making copies of the game

sigh
1. how is it annoying? it makes sense since korea need only 1 language to be translated into
2. what about europe and australia. we still exist too
3. whats going on with nintendo is that they need a good time to release the game so it wont affect other game sales and whether theyre actually done localising and making copies of the game

1. It's annoying because the game was announced years ago, and we have heard very little about it.
2. Aaaand? What's your point? NA tends to get the games before Europe and Australia.
3. They could TELL US a release date. Giving a date won't affect other games sales much.

1. It's annoying because the game was announced years ago, and we have heard very little about it.
2. Aaaand? What's your point? NA tends to get the games before Europe and Australia.
3. They could TELL US a release date. Giving a date won't affect other games sales much.

Agreed. I'm getting annoyed with Nintendo as well. Not gonna lie.

I don't mind the long wait, honestly. If I have other great games being released in the process it won't bother me whatsoever. That being said, I sometimes feel we Americans get greedy when it comes to releases while others (Australia/Europe/wherever) may have to wait several more months to a year for it. Not saying that's always the case, but more or less most of the games I play aside from anything by Nintendo.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

And,
if you're still that impatient: import the game.

And,
if you're still that impatient: import the game.

This.

Come on guys, you can wait. Let's not get annoyed about something as silly as release dates. Unfortunately, it's not all about the consumer; Nintendo needs to make money and they need to make the right marketing decisions. If Korea waited 2 years for City Folk, then I'm sure you can wait a few more months for New Leaf.

This.

Come on guys, you can wait. Let's not get annoyed about something as silly as release dates. Unfortunately, it's not all about the consumer; Nintendo needs to make money and they need to make the right marketing decisions. If Korea waited 2 years for City Folk, then I'm sure you can wait a few more months for New Leaf.

hey jer jer like button plz

I think the only reason I would be annoyed is the fact that the little info on release dates we have almost always end up being wrong. But even then I don't know why every one is getting mad that Korea is getting AC before us. They probably deserve it more than we do for getting CF so late.

Chances are, Nintendo of America is just trying to figure out the best time to release the game. They really already have all the resources to translate the game, it's just the matter of determining the most profitable release period.

The games are finished, and a release date has already been set.

We're just waiting for them to tell us when that is.

Back