• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

South Korea getting AC on Feb 7th with 3DS LL Bundle.

I'm pretty sure NoA is purposely holding the release date out for this game (and the announcement) further out so it doesn't clash with other "big seller" games (i.e. Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem). I'm expecting an April/May release for the game.

I'm pretty sure NoA is purposely holding the release date out for this game (and the announcement) further out so it doesn't clash with other "big seller" games (i.e. Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem). I'm expecting an April/May release for the game.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're holding the release for this reason quite a bit. Nintendo is a business after all, just like any other. I do find it amusing that South Korea is getting the game so early though. Countries like them and Australia deserve a little bit of slack.

Here's an interesting read on game localizations that some of you might like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_localization

My thought is that there's an obvious reason why Korea's getting it before anyone else. They don't have to re-program anything but the language for them. They don't have to change any holidays. I doubt ACNL will come to the US or EU or AU with White Day, the Doll Festival, or the day where you dress as a troll and throw beans at each other. We'll have to reprogram a lot of the game to suit our cultural differences. Korea didn't need to. :)

Not only does the Korean version of ACCF have exclusive holidays and exclusive DLC, but the published Japanese guides confirm the Korean version of ACNL has exclusive holidays and exclusive items. Also, Korean culture is not nearly as similar to Japanese culture as you seem to think. No doubt, the NoK localization team have made text adjustments for humor, just like NoA and NoE.

makes sense, since in Korea they only have to localize the game for one language, while in North America and Europe they have to translate it into English, French, Spanish, etc.

I'm happy for them since they got City Folk so ridiculously late.

This is a huge shocker!
1328588425469424.gif
I was feeling bad for Korea cause they get it like a year late but i mean... BEFORE the US & UK? that's intense!

i'm really happy that they're getting the game so early!!! good for them!!!
i'm still sad we don't have a date yet, but after two years of actively waiting, it feels nice to be on the downward spiral of waiting.

Huh. That came out of the blue, but good for them!

I feel a little silly though. I got so used to the debate about America or Europe getting it first, that I didn't even consider the non-english countries.

Oh well, I'm happy for them. We'll be getting ours in a matter of months hopefully.

I'm happy for them but also a bit jealous because we don't have even a set release date yet :( Well, I hope that's coming soon to NA and EU as well and I hope that we get it at the same time. It's not nice to be from EU if NA gets it much earlier and vice versa.

Last edited:
Rather than being upset about Korea getting the game second, I'm excited! It's only a matter of time (probably short matter of time) before other regions follow suit!

Korea doesn't even like Japan. I'm done. This is the worst day of my life. I am so frustrated.
I think I'm going to just die.

Back