• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Steven Universe!!

Steven Universe favorite?

• Rose Quartz

Votes: 97 20.6%
  • Steven Universe

Votes: 87 18.5%
  • Pearl

Votes: 134 28.5%
  • Garnet

Votes: 178 37.8%
  • Amethyst

Votes: 93 19.7%
  • Greg Universe

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • Lapis Lazuli

Votes: 122 25.9%
  • Lion

Votes: 81 17.2%
  • Lars

Votes: 36 7.6%
  • Sadie

Votes: 46 9.8%
  • Connie

Votes: 71 15.1%

• Total voters
I binge watched the whole series about two weeks ago, and I'm really glad I did! I haven't been watching a whole lot of cartoons lately because they're ny really my sense of humor, but Steven Universe has a style that appeals to all ages, I think.

I love Steven Universe. Amethyst is my favourite character. I've watched all the episodes but I haven't been keeping up with the comic, but I should be because from what I've seen so far it's really good. I agree with op, Jailbreak was a great episode and Ruby and Sapphire were adorable. Still surprised Cartoon Network allowed it, with the kiss and such, but I'm super glad they did. Also I don't see why Garnet can't be both your favourite gem and your otp.

I'm not sure about Say Uncle, the upcoming Uncle Grandpa crossover episode, as I can't stand that show. I watched the promo which didn't make the episode look any better. Also I hope we eventually see Lapis again.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the diamond authority.
Yellow diamond
White diamond
And blue diamond

I love Steven Universe. Amethyst is my favourite character. I've watched all the episodes but I haven't been keeping up with the comic, but I should be because from what I've seen so far it's really good. I agree with op, Jailbreak was a great episode and Ruby and Sapphire were adorable. Still surprised Cartoon Network allowed it, with the kiss and such, but I'm super glad they did. Also I don't see why Garnet can't be both your favourite gem and your otp.

I'm not sure about Say Uncle, the upcoming Uncle Grandpa crossover episode, as I can't stand that show. I watched the promo which didn't make the episode look any better. Also I hope we eventually see Lapis again.

yeah ik XD garnet is just adorable in general owo i am also dreading the crossover, lol. i really hope its just april fools or something :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm curious about the diamond authority.
Yellow diamond
White diamond
And blue diamond

me too... but maybe yellow diamond is the most powerful since she was mentioned first?

Gems don't have genders so they aren't a technical lesbian couple.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a theory that each diamond represents a class of gems.

Here's one http://bloomer-810.tumblr.com/post/113685056436/diamond-authority-theory

Very nice theory!

I never said they were, I just said I am surprised Cartoon Network let the kiss happen. You're right the gems don't have genders but you tell that to the soccer moms who found out about the kiss. I know the gems are non-binary but they still use female pronouns are are represented in a feminine manner. Meaning most parents will just assume that the gems are female and thus that Ruby and Sapphire are a lesbian couple.

Last edited:
But the kiss wasn't on the lips so CN allowed it like how Clarence was allowed to have two guys kiss because it wasnt on the lips. Also how Jeff was allowed to have two moms mainly because they never said "he has two mom". Ruby and Sapphire didnt say "we're a couple". We could assume they were sisters.

It's all assumptions which is a way around the whole "no this or that cuz we're scared" thing. As long as they don't say it, I think CN will allow it. Also, this series isn't about lesbians or gays, it's about the adventure of a young boy discovering the magic in him. I just don't want to spend the entire thread talking about "OMG! They did this!". Yeah it happened and go Rebecca.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Going back to the picture, rose was fighting blue diamond so blue diamond might be the highest diamond. I also like the "pearl" theory. Poor pearl :(

Those 2 are adorable yes.

I need to watch the finale again sometime soon, I love that finale even though I watched SU out of order.

why would you do that

they still gay tho

I never said they were, I just said I am surprised Cartoon Network let the kiss happen. You're right the gems don't have genders but you tell that to the soccer moms who found out about the kiss. I know the gems are non-binary but they still use female pronouns are are represented in a feminine manner. Meaning most parents will just assume that the gems are female and thus that Ruby and Sapphire are a lesbian couple.

But the kiss wasn't on the lips so CN allowed it like how Clarence was allowed to have two guys kiss because it wasnt on the lips. Also how Jeff was allowed to have two moms mainly because they never said "he has two mom". Ruby and Sapphire didnt say "we're a couple". We could assume they were sisters.

It's all assumptions which is a way around the whole "no this or that cuz we're scared" thing. As long as they don't say it, I think CN will allow it. Also, this series isn't about lesbians or gays, it's about the adventure of a young boy discovering the magic in him. I just don't want to spend the entire thread talking about "OMG! They did this!". Yeah it happened and go Rebecca.

deniers are going to be like nOOO NO no O THEY ARE gDOOD FR IE DNS SucH gooD FRINEDS
even tho it was confirmed that the kiss was romantic

True I guess but the lyrics of Stronger Than You made it as obvious as possible.
"Can't you see that my relationship is stable? I can see you hate the way we intermingle, But I think you're just mad 'cause you're single". Garnet literally said that it was a relationship. There's no way that they could have made it any clearer.
I know this series isn't about Garnett, or 'lesbians or gays' as you put it, but I'm still really glad that it happened and I like talking about it because I think that scene was the best so far in the show. Seriously that song was awesome. If you don't want to join in when someone brings it up you don't have to.

Last edited:
One of the storyboard writer confirmed they were in a romantic relatiobship on Twitter
I need to find the image, one sec

True I guess but the lyrics of Stronger Than You made it as obvious as possible.
"Can't you see that my relationship is stable? I can see you hate the way we intermingle, But I think you're just mad 'cause you're single". Garnett literally said that it was a relationship. There's no way that they could have made it any clearer.
I know this series isn't about Garnett, or 'lesbians or gays' as you put it, but I'm still really glad that it happened and I like talking about it because I think that scene was the best so far in the show. Seriously that song was awesome. If you don't want to join in when someone brings it up you don't have to.

curious but why are you spelling her name as garnett

=

ive been singing stronger than you constantly since sunday rip

deniers are going to be like nOOO NO no O THEY ARE gDOOD FR IE DNS SucH gooD FRINEDS
even tho it was confirmed that the kiss was romantic

I second this. I don't get how people are still arguing that the kiss was platonic.

- - - Post Merge - - -

curious but why are you spelling her name as garnett

=

ive been singing stronger than you constantly since sunday rip

Because I can't spell and my spell check didn't correct me. Also same, I've had the song stuck in my head since the episode premiered.

Last edited:
Back