• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Attack on Titan - [Game Over/Town Wins]

From what I've read so far, mafia are probably going to be really passive this game, especially if there are any mafia that are also in the TBT Discord Chat. I'm going to post a full reads list as soon as everyone posts. Meanwhile, Jacob is scum.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by passive?

1. What is your timezone? Eastern.
2. How do you react under pressure? Pretty dang good.
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Town.
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Be great.

interesting. you kind of dodged question 3 there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I am loving the rainbow font @ Aya

not really. I've never played as legit mafia before so the question just didn't apply to me much. if I had said "town bc I've never been mafia ever" you still would have been like 'dis is sus tae'

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. What is your timezone? Pacific
2. How do you react under pressure? I'm not really sure, but I'll start acting nervous and maybe slip up?
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Town
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Not sure.

no reason to say you'd slip unless you're maf

Can you elaborate on what you mean by passive?

People in the TBT Discord are starting to know each other very well. This includes knowing play styles very well. It is a better idea for them to act apathetic or passive in the game rather than to try to appear town where they will surely fail, just like what happened with Jacob.

Also, to elaborate on why Jacob is mafia, here is my short form case:
- When Jacob is mafia, he puts an extra amount of thought and care into his posts to appear pro-town. He has admitted this to me in PM. Last time he was mafia, after I was killed off, I PMed him because it was just so obvious. That same posting style is present here.
- When Jacob is town, his posts are generally shorter, less focused. Even if you look at the last line of his latest post, you get this:
Call it "meta" or even "gut feeling" if you will, but Daniel is my first early scumlean.
The fact that he took the time out to even put meta & gut feeling in quotation marks goes to show he was thinking pretty hard about what he was saying as he was writing it. I'm voting for Jacob.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Cory might be scum but I have to look at it more.

What do you think you are?
You don't have to take the survey.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But what rqs has actually been effective?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How have you never been under pressure? Mind explaining?

I've never been tunneled before. ever. lol. nor have I really ever been seen as anything other than town except for small quips and questions in the what.. maybe 4 or 5 games I've played in total.

1. What is your timezone? EST
2. How do you react under pressure? I don't freak out or anything, but I get really salty irl
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Mafia by far
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Eh whatever you guys pick up from me i guess

First Observations:

- Way early in the game, but I don't really find Heyden suspicious, let alone Cory thinks he's an early scum read. +1 Cory's personality test gave "interesting results" (unless you were referring to the other RQSs).

- Once again fairly early in the game, but I played a Micro Game with Call Me Daniel once, much like this game it started out with a lot of spam. Daniel was actually one of the only people who took the game seriously, but then backed off and played along much like he is doing this game. He turned out to be Mafia, so I have my suspicions despite it being early. Call it "meta" or even "gut feeling" if you will, but Daniel is my first early scumlean.

Are you using a the terrorist game as meta? Few things off about that. I wasn't really Mafia, if anything I was a SK since I was on my own that game. I played seriously that whole game so I'm not sutr what backing off your talking about. And how have I backed off here?

don't use deathys for meta omg.
also sorry about messy replies in in bed on mobile so I've got no beautiful structure to posts. will be online with coffee shortly.

People in the TBT Discord are starting to know each other very well. This includes knowing play styles very well. It is a better idea for them to act apathetic or passive in the game rather than to try to appear town where they will surely fail, just like what happened with Jacob.

Also, to elaborate on why Jacob is mafia, here is my short form case:
- When Jacob is mafia, he puts an extra amount of thought and care into his posts to appear pro-town. He has admitted this to me in PM. Last time he was mafia, after I was killed off, I PMed him because it was just so obvious. That same posting style is present here.
- When Jacob is town, his posts are generally shorter, less focused. Even if you look at the last line of his latest post, you get this:

The fact that he took the time out to even put meta & gut feeling in quotation marks goes to show he was thinking pretty hard about what he was saying as he was writing it. I'm voting for Jacob.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Cory might be scum but I have to look at it more.
@ the bold - which game are you talking about...?
Also I just see it as Jacob is trying to improve his town play. Yeah, play style is different - I'll give you that much. Nothing wrong with trying to start off day 1 with some reads though.

not really. I've never played as legit mafia before so the question just didn't apply to me much. if I had said "town bc I've never been mafia ever" you still would have been like 'dis is sus tae'

- - - Post Merge - - -

no reason to say you'd slip unless you're maf
fair enough

I'm not going to answer the rqs unless someone wants to tell how they are useful, citing specific sources from games they helped town win.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I don't get what your saying here. Do you think I'm Mafia or town? The way you 'call' it out seems like you're getting scum, but at the end of the paragraph, you say true townie roles point out the blues. I see this as contradictory. Also everyone has a vote and voice, not only townies.
Recent example - Trump mafia.

I have no idea if you're town or if you're scum. It's way too early to be certain of such things. All I am saying is that your wording of "" seems like a claim to me, which when made 4 minutes into the game seems a little suspect and odd to me. Everyone has a vote and voice, yes - But everyone doesn't just have a vote and a voice which you claim.
but in my opinion, you're picking at nothing. No blue would say, oh I have my voice, vote, and (insert power here), the same for Mafia. Everyone, from what they say, just has a voice and a vote.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How did Trump Mafia rqs help town win?

Also I just see it as Jacob is trying to improve his town play. Yeah, play style is different - I'll give you that much. Nothing wrong with trying to start off day 1 with some reads

Tarot Mafia he did that.

Also I just see it as Jacob is trying to improve his town play. Yeah, play style is different - I'll give you that much. Nothing wrong with trying to start off day 1 with some reads though.

I believe it was Tarot. Jacob probably still has the PMs, I deleted them awhile back.

@Trundle, I don't think looking at my post size is a sound way of reading me so confidently considering I made 2 (3 now) posts so far. Also my "town" and "scum" posts aren't much different from each other actually, because I like to "think hard" about what I post regardless of my alignment.

(Also that time you PMed me was like my 2nd game like a couple months ago iirc?)

Are you using a the terrorist game as meta? Few things off about that. I wasn't really Mafia, if anything I was a SK since I was on my own that game. I played seriously that whole game so I'm not sutr what backing off your talking about. And how have I backed off here?
Yea I was referring to that terrorist Micro we played I think it was.

I guess I was just interpreting your posts from that game wrong, because I shot you because I thought you were backing off. I'm still suspicious of you but I'm not gonna lock you in as scum, as I am basing this all off of a Micro game with exception rules. Just keeping you in the back of my head from now on (As I will do with Bingo ;) )

(By backing off I meant:)
Sataric you can't flirt with Minties she's my boo now :mad:

but in my opinion, you're picking at nothing. No blue would say, oh I have my voice, vote, and (insert power here), the same for Mafia. Everyone, from what they say, just has a voice and a vote.

In a sense, you are not wrong - Of course nobody would admit to being scum or to having a power role. Especially not 4 minutes into the game. However, the point is that you were so damn quick to make that post for absolutely no reason. That's what makes it suspicious to me. I really question that move, regardless of your alignment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How did Trump Mafia rqs help town win?

Kat reaction tested my answers and that was pretty much what started the sus on me.

@Trundle, I don't think looking at my post size is a sound way of reading me so confidently considering I made 2 (3 now) posts so far. Also my "town" and "scum" posts aren't much different from each other actually, because I like to "think hard" about what I post regardless of my alignment.

(Also that time you PMed me was like my 2nd game like a couple months ago iirc?)

Yea I was referring to that terrorist Micro we played I think it was.

I guess I was just interpreting your posts from that game wrong, because I shot you because I thought you were backing off. I'm still suspicious of you but I'm not gonna lock you in as scum, as I am basing this all off of a Micro game with exception rules. Just keeping you in the back of my head from now on (As I will do with Bingo ;) )

(By backing off I meant:)

Yep, he's scum.

Kat reaction tested my answers and that was pretty much what started the sus on me.
They laid back tho. I thought you were sussed because of your flip flopping and passiveness.

In a sense, you are not wrong - Of course nobody would admit to being scum or to having a power role. Especially not 4 minutes into the game. However, the point is that you were so damn quick to make that post for absolutely no reason. That's what makes it suspicious to me. I really question that move, regardless of your alignment.
I have my reasons uwu.

They laid back tho. I thought you were sussed because of your flip flopping and passiveness.

I have my reasons uwu.

I can't read Crys at all right now, especially because she said she was going to be changing her meta this game, if I remember correctly

Yep, he's scum.
With Ashtot, Kat[/b] Arstotzkan, and WildBlueYonder not even posting yet (not even including the ones who have just posted once), you're already so sure Jacob is scum?

I have my reasons uwu.
hmm, okay fair enough.
I mean, answeering RQS has never been like a rule or anything, and like I said answering the same questions gets tiring/pointless. Switching it up every time I think would be beneficial though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

fail...

Kat Arstotzkan

so why are you not scum?

Didn't see this last night, your image sort of made it less attentive. Early to ask, even if trying to get answers.

How many games have you played since? I still wanna take post size/effort into consideration to compare with previous games and the given role.

Trundle, seeing as you have a scum read? Lean? On Jacob, I want to know what you think of Heyden, as Jacob said he believes Heyden is town.

Back