• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia II: Mafia Strike Back [Game Over/Mafia Win]

In the first TBT Mafia thread I got like halfway through reading the first post and was like "I am so confused, forget this junk," but now its like crazy popular and I'm still confused. I don't have a clue what it is.

It is? I was about to join :U
Don't listen to Sock, he's been bitter lately.

In the first TBT Mafia thread I got like halfway through reading the first post and was like "I am so confused, forget this junk," but now its like crazy popular and I'm still confused. I don't have a clue what it is.

Don't listen to Sock, he's been bitter lately.

Uhmmm why? :U

if i do make it back in and i get a role like the miller then i will cry
i dunno kayla you posted some pretty good theories in the observers chat. i think you would be a good mayor as well

Last edited:
Plus she's always active so I'm with tsundere. Don't get yourself mod killed again, more fun when you're alive.

I really don't think we should let old paranoias about previous players take hold too much >.>
I definitely agree with this since I noticed a lot of people from the first game signing up again. You all have made a good point with the examples of members that played the game well or did an excellent job analyzing votes and posts, but that can bite us in the *** in the end if they're role ends up being the opposing team. On the first day election, we should keep it fair and hear from all the candidates white keeping an open mind regardless how they did the previous game or if they were even involved in the previous game. A few members do have an advantage with playing the game from experience or their skillful mindset that would make great mayors, but with all that power they can be quite destructive. We must choose wisely.

#iLoveYou4AdminMayor.

I would love to join because I hardly got to play last time being killed by the mafia on day 1 :{ but I can't fudge u space limit
i'll sign up as a replacement i suppose :]

Brief Guide to Mafia

After ACE got lynched on Day 1 said:
Ok so an innocent got lynched. As a Detective, I would be checking the lynchwagon. Especially as this was one of those notorious "people just hopped on a wagon that was stupid" lynches. Check the person that led the wagon to the lynch. You get useful information out of this. You either find out it was a scum-led lynch, or it was a clueless townie who should be avoided for the critical parts of the game.

Don't investigate ultra-scummy players that are certain to be lynched. Vigs are likely going to shoot them anyway. If Mafia have a Framer, and the scummy player is town, guess who's getting framed. Take this example case: Two trusted strong town players have been pushing for a lynch of X. Y makes a ridiculous cop claim flips the bandwagon over to Z. Z flips blue. Mafia have a framer. Now, if you were Mafia, would you frame Y, Y or maybe...Y? In this situation, checking Y would yield absolutely no information.

Even more commonly, DTs use their ability to confirm town. Don't do that! Confirming someone's town so you can all gather around and hero worship them is not going to win you the game.

As a DT, never claim, unless the SHTF for town. Even if you're about to be lynched, don't claim. Talk your way out of the lynch. Claiming is useless, because if you claim, and town let you off, you've all just taken a one-way trip to WIFOM town. Now town will talk a load of **** about whether or not Mafia will kill you, who should protect you...meanwhile Mafia have a roleblocker and you've just screwed yourself out of a night, someone else will die (hopefully not the Doctor) and the next day, you're still in WIFOM town. Just don't claim. Make sure you have breadcrumbed your investigation, so when you do flip blue, town at least can work with that.

In games with few Mafia, it may help you reveal information early. Situational. Unless you're sure your breadcrumbs are solid and will be picked up, just outright reveal your investigation. If the town lynches you since it happened so early, Vigilante will hopefully shoot the scum, and Town will pick apart the arguments about who vouched for your claim and who didn't. Trading yourself 1 for 1 for scum isn't usually a good idea and thats why this is very situational. If you've got a Scum read on a player that is going to be hard to get lynched then reveal asap. No need to beat around the bush here. Don't forget to also reveal who you investigated and found innocent. Confirmed innocents are the bane of all Scum teams everywhere. Especially if they live to LyLo.

On playing as a Vig said:
ok as vigi, you have priority targets.
Your highest priority targets are liars. There are very few instances where lying benefits town, and in those cases, it benefits mafia more. Once you get a few lying townies trying to make a heroic play, mafia will start lying too as it's the easy way to "look town". Soon you're at a crucial LyLo stage where you have 3 people all claiming to be detectives. Shoot the liars before it gets to that stage.

If you can't find anyone lying, then go after peope talking nonsense. Activity doesn't mean they're pro-town. Shoot people that say one thing and do another. Just as important is to shoot players that will untie clashing roleclaims ie. if you're in a situation where the death of one player confirms something else, shoot.

Next, shoot lurkers. People that post little or nothing. Shoot people that are called out for lurking and continue to lurk. These people are useless to town - kill them before it gets to LyLo where you have three "suspects", but two of them are inactive so you have no reads on them.

Otherwise, hold your shot. there's a misconception that you shouldn't shoot someone that's likely going to get lynched next day. A lot can happen. A lynch vote can be turned around. You might die during the night. If someone is almost certainly scum, shoot them that night. Now town can move on to discussing other suspects.
Avoid claiming until you have to. Vlaiming at LyLo when you've used all your shots is ok. Explain your past kills. It especially helps if you've hit red with your shots.

Occam's Razor applies to Mafia. Don't try and theorycraft ridiculous explanations for the things you see. The game is rife with WIFOM, do yourself a favour and don't get swallowed up by it.

You are encouraged to go through the previous game and use the search function to display all posts by a specific player. This is called a 'filter', and is very useful. Let's say in TBT Mafia I, player X was incredibly outspoken and making detailed analyses. You see that he was a Townie in that game. Now in TBT Mafia II, said player's activity has suddenly plummeted. They still seem to be pretty active, often reading the thread. But gone are the long posts, gone are the explorative reasoning posts, they've just become a passive player agreeing with everyone else. What does that tell you?

Last edited:
Due to the high volume of signups and what happened last game, I'd like to make this clear: I will have ZERO TOLERANCE for inactivity and people with no desire to see the game to the end. I don't want to see people who will not post or who will throw a tantrum at the first sign of trouble, take up the space of someone who will be active and play the game well.

Let this be a advanced warning to anyone the above may apply to: you have this opportunity to back out.

Last edited:
I hope everyone who has signed up gets to join in and then the replacements can just be anyone who tries signing up after the game has started. Mafia would be more fun with lots of people.

Okay, so the voting candidates:

My only problem with AndyB becoming mayor is he was too quick to cast his votes after he explaining his theories. The mayor's votes are a big influence on the lynch, and I don't feel like they should be rushed. Gandalf, on the other hand, seemed more cautious in his votes, but he wasn't really all that active in the past game. I feel either Kayla, Gallows, or Justin would make a great mayor. Gallows was active enough in the past game and he was cautious in his vote. Regardless, that may be because of his mafia role and he was being asked to vote for fellow mafia. Kayla was active and a great observer, and from her one vote, I can tell she isn't so quick to just go with the flow, which is great!

- - - Post Merge - - -

that's true

hmm... idk lol

yep, i hope thats not what happens

I seriously hope these posts aren't what you'll be posting once the game starts.
You will be majorly suspected of mafia or just an easily dispensable townie, so be warned.

Shouldn't need this reminder but...Mafia can be elected as well, and is obviously very bad for Town if they are.

It's pregame. All of the posts before the game starts should be entirely disregarded. Nobody knows who anyone else is. We only have the information form last game.

Also: If you end up as Vigilante, and a mafia shoots you the night you shoot them, mafia's go through. Yes, it does say that mafia has priority, but I'm just making this clear to all. :)

GGs to all in the last game, and remember, it's just a game. My friend and I would strategize at school, and I was lying to him by saying I had a suspicion on _______. Yet, we're still great friends.

Back