• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eating some nice spicy hummus so I'm looking things up and down, gonna make a better post than this, but since I got you here Punchy why did you feel the need to clarify that you are playing a mash at the same time as this one and saying you'll contribute equal effort to them both? Especially since that's a ******* game afaik.

Reactions: tae
start of the first day always sucks. and the new forum stuff makes it feel even wonkier. :/

Gonna be honest this is the first time I've played a game of this kind that started on a day. ToS starts on a day that lasts like 5 seconds and Madness jumps straight into having someone be dead since it starts on a night cycle. I'm not used to starting on a day with so little to go off of like this, it's interesting.

I'm eating some nice spicy hummus so I'm looking things up and down, gonna make a better post than this, but since I got you here Punchy why did you feel the need to clarify that you are playing a mash at the same time as this one and saying you'll contribute equal effort to them both? Especially since that's a ******* game afaik.

out of everyone's entrance so far, yours has felt the most out of place
Post automatically merged:

that was pure gut actually, but i think it was the "gonna make a better post than this" like u know what ur about to say is half-baked

out of everyone's entrance so far, yours has felt the most out of place

that was pure gut actually, but i think it was the "gonna make a better post than this" like u know what ur about to say is half-baked

Better as in more substantial, I understand why it pings you a bit but if you find what I've asked so far half baked do give your takes on it.

The town win condition is to eliminate all mafia, so I am questioning whether or not there is a third party in this game.

How thoroughly did you even read your role PM anyways?

I honestly didn't see the

"Town Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.
Mafia Win Condition: Equal or outnumber the town. "

in the op until after I posted, I just assumed you read off your role PM wincon. I think this is a very not alignment indicative back and forth tho because you're both referencing things that are on the OP.

Okay so if you think that Trundle made the mistake by only reading his role PM you didn't get a town role PM, because the town win condition in that PM is certainly not worded that way (as Trundle put it), then I have reason to suspect you a little. I also feel like pointing out Dan as town here is good points because, it's hard to put this beyond a gut level, but Dan is just giving me a lot of town vibes and it's purely from watching him as mafia in recent games from my perspective.

tae - seems a bit nervous in posting style so far. It's not something I want to slap AI on yet but it's something that can often ping me. Especially if Punchy turned out to be town it felt like a meek way of supporting my questioning of his entrance.

AmazonEvan seems a bit paranoid about being pocketed which is a good start, looking forward to his readslists because that's where he really gets down to doing his work from what I recall. And he was calling out shawo over not answering something which seems like somebody who is trying to keep tabs on moments that are pinging them.

f11- feels like classic Crystal so far and I'm leaning town here, like that they say Jacob is scum lol.

Heyden - it feels like there's been a bit of focus on Punchy so far given his first post in the game as well as him including Punchy in the mafia team pick in the RQS and I'm not decided on my own take on Punchy's entrance yet so I'm concerned about the speed at which Heyden is lumping Punchy into the scum category here. I'll know more about how I feel on Heyden as the game progresses but at the moment I'm a bit hesitant.

Okay Heyden says it was random (post #56) but I'm still wanting to leave what I typed out above. Something about Heyden just isn't sitting right with me just yet, idk if it's day 1 approach or what.

Harbour - RQS answers give me town vibes but it's really loose. Feels really self-deprecating and a bit overwhelmed about the idea of playing a large forum game like this for the first time.

@DinoTown what is your concern about the shawo editing thing? Do you feel it indicates that he could be scum? It pinged out, it's worth explaining a little more. Also I'm a bit more null on DinoTown as compared to some of the other new players so far.

Oath - a bit post and ghost which is kinda null for him considering the type of player he became when he returned to mafia during '2.0' if that's what we're calling those years. It's going to be about his actions.

glow - vibing town so far from the first post questioning Jacob and more recent posts questioning me, I feel like it's going to always be a battle with them though which...is what it is.

skarmoury feels like they're playing their own game and just trying to interact, I don't want to really call it towny yet but it's not lurky and hesitant which is something

Punchy I want an answer from but I don't have the greatest feelings about him so far? I want to contributions and the entrances of 'I'm playing another game' and 'I hate beginning stages of games tbh' feel a bit scared, I'm used to seeing him just dive right in as town on MU.

If I missed you, you were forgettable.

So basically my only pings are Jacob, Punchy, and Heyden and maybe DinoTown, it feels a bit 'eh' but that's where I'm at.

Last edited:
I forgot shawo and mogyay it seems. I'm careful with shawo because observing him as a host in the last game I know he makes good snipes which is the sign of an experienced player, I don't want to give him a townread just yet, but his responses to things haven't felt scummy. He's null but I expect more substantial posts with reads soon enough. Mogyay is just giving me vibes that she doesn't know how to start off which is nullish as well.

Want more from both of those two as well.

@mogyay do you remember off the top of your head what games on TBT you have been scum in?

I hate these new colors, but here's a summary:

Townread

Townlean

AmazonEvan
Daniel

Light townlean

Harbour
glow
Trundle?
f11

Null (from more towny to less towny)

shawo
mogyay
oath2order
tae

Null with hesitation

Heyden
DinoTown
Punchy

Scumlean

Jacob

Scumread

Apparently Locket and Emolga even more forgettable because I was about to lump them into the 'hasn't posted' list but they're just one-posters so far. It's just shaebae who hasn't posted.

Locket's RQS answers: pretty null on these, they don't say much but @Locket I do recall playing with you when you were first starting out and I recall you are the type of person who tries under pressure so I'm expecting at least that much. But you have played with some of us!

Emolga's:
1. What's your experience? (How long have you played mafia/town of Salem/anything similar)
I've never played Mafia on TBT before, but I have played quite a few games with my friends. It normally ends up with me laughing my head off.

2. What's your preferred alignment? Why?
I'd rather be a townie because I feel like that's the role I'm best at. Normally when I'm mafia I'm really bad at hiding it

3. Name 3 people for the scum team right now.
Daniel, Trundle and Jacob I guess

4. Which player scares/concerns you the most?
Daniel? Idk but if he is the mafia then he'll definitely be a threat because he seems like he's really good at getting information

5. How do you react to pressure?
I start failing at everything and become flustered (also I become extremely unreasonable)

6. (Optional) What're your pronouns?
He/Him/They/Them

Why those three people for your scum team choices?

Your answer about Daniel just seemed like it came from 'let me look at what has been posted so far and use that for an answer' and I'm not sure what that says about you, that you wouldn't just be like 'I haven't played with these people' but it mildly pings me. I'm just trying to find something to pick at probably want want to call it null. Mostly I want to know why you guess those three and know why you think they could all be on the same team as well given their back and forth in earlier pages.

Last edited:
Heyden - it feels like there's been a bit of focus on Punchy so far given his first post in the game as well as him including Punchy in the mafia team pick in the RQS and I'm not decided on my own take on Punchy's entrance yet so I'm concerned about the speed at which Heyden is lumping Punchy into the scum category here. I'll know more about how I feel on Heyden as the game progresses but at the moment I'm a bit hesitant.

Okay Heyden says it was random (post #56) but I'm still wanting to leave what I typed out above. Something about Heyden just isn't sitting right with me just yet, idk if it's day 1 approach or what.
Nah you're right I'm not gonna lie, Punchy wasn't exactly a 'random scumread' in my RQS, I subconsciously had an off feeling about his entrance post trying to justify his activity/effort, hence my initial post stating he's scum, which further led into my RQS lol. It just felt so wildly unnecessarily and somewhat awkward exclaiming ~yeah I'm putting effort~, but on the other hand the more I think of it, it just seems like he's trying to flex or look impressive or something.

My Oath guess was gut based on the 5 people or so that posted, idk my mind just drew to him probably his bleak RQS, and Shawo I had a gut feeling that it was his turn to be scum :lemon:

Nah you're right I'm not gonna lie, Punchy wasn't exactly a 'random scumread' in my RQS, I subconsciously had an off feeling about his entrance post trying to justify his activity/effort, hence my initial post stating he's scum, which further led into my RQS lol. It just felt so wildly unnecessarily and somewhat awkward exclaiming ~yeah I'm putting effort~, but on the other hand the more I think of it, it just seems like he's trying to flex or look impressive or something.

My Oath guess was gut based on the 5 people or so that posted, idk my mind just drew to him probably his bleak RQS, and Shawo I had a gut feeling that it was his turn to be scum :lemon:

Yeah I have the same sort of ambivalence about Punchy because I've seen him in the past when signing up for things be like 'I want to show off my new playstyle' or 'just as a heads up I have a much different playstyle now' which is a reflection of him being very regular on Mafia Universe. So his entry bringing up that he's playing an 80 player game could be very grandstandy in a sense but yeah, he's just not diving in like I said before.

Oathposting is just bleak in general on day 1, it really annoyed me when he started doing it. I'm not sure I'm a fan of 'it's their turn to be scum' as a justification for a gut read on shawo like that.

This is impossible without post filters.

Anyway, @Geoni can you reword why you're scumreading Jacob. I see where you're coming from, but at this moment Jacob is honestly one of my townleans.
He explicitly stated a town vs town on Daniel and Trundle, instead of pursuing one of them which is what he'd typically do as scum tbh, especially given Trundle's wincon mix-up or whatever. Like yeah it could be him pocketing, but that Daniel vs Trundle interaction could've easily pointed out as scummy and an opportunity to jump on IMO.

On that note, I do townread those Daniel and Trundle though.

Oathposting is just bleak in general on day 1, it really annoyed me when he started doing it. I'm not sure I'm a fan of 'it's their turn to be scum' as a justification for a gut read on shawo like that.
The last time I was played with Oath was when he was like a mafia pregnant woman 2 years ago, so I honestly have 0 recollection of how he plays. My shawo justification was gonna stay in my head, but he obviously got tripped up with me gutreading him before he posted, which is understandable, but it was interesting to see his reaction (for which I'm leaning more town based tbh)

Last edited:
This is impossible without post filters.

Anyway, @Geoni can you reword why you're scumreading Jacob. I see where you're coming from, but at this moment Jacob is honestly one of my townleans.
He explicitly stated a town vs town on Daniel and Trundle, instead of pursuing one of them which is what he'd typically do as scum tbh, especially given Trundle's wincon mix-up or whatever. Like yeah it could be him pocketing, but that Daniel vs Trundle interaction could've easily pointed out as scummy and an opportunity to jump on IMO.

On that note, I do townread those Daniel and Trundle though.

See the post I quoted from Jacob above. Jacob assumed that when Trundle said town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia he got that wording from his role PM rather than the thread. The role PM for town does not word it as 'town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia' so Jacob shouldn't be concluding that this is where Trundle got that wording from if Jacob got the same role PM as I did. Which does not say 'town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia' in its wording. That's why I'm suspicious of Jacob, along with his 'this is town vs town' post about Dan and Trundle.

f11- feels like classic Crystal so far and I'm leaning town here, like that they say Jacob is scum lol.
f11 themselves have stated that they haven't played mafia in a while. additionally, saying something in a joking manner isn't very alignment indicative? i'm unsure as to why you've put them on a slight townlean, unless this read was a joke.
but his (shawo's) responses to things haven't felt scummy.
what is your take on shawo's response to heyden's joke read from the rqs?

3. Name 3 people for the scum team right now.
I have absolutely no idea, I don't really even know any names yet, I would basically be picking three people at random at that doesn't feel right.

I’m just gonna speak my mind and say that the last statement wasn’t really necessary? I mean it isn’t really wrong to name a few people at random, use gut feels, or simply say that you don’t know anyone yet.

Well, now that I think about it, you not knowing any names can mean you’re also not in kahoots with anyone, I suppose.

I might be grasping at nothing because we’re both new to this game but I just wanted to share.

I've read it like 20 times my brain is too fried to understand. I wouldn't warrant it as enough to scumread Jacob, do people really read their wincons???? I don't personally.

Also I'm curious as to why my 'joke read', 'gut read', 'random read' on shawo is such a pivotal point of today's current discussion, when Daniel, mogyay, f11, oath, trundle (5 people before me!!), also made a random read on people who hadn't posted prior to themselves :unsure:

Well, now that I think about it, you not knowing any names can mean you’re also not in kahoots with anyone, I suppose.
That's a good point, scumteam had a day to talk in their quicktopic chat, unless they're pulling a facade that they ~don't know anyone~ to appear isolated town, but I guess in general it's not really alignment indicative because it could easily be either scenario tbh.

Last edited:
Also I'm curious as to why my 'joke read', 'gut read', 'random read' on shawo is such a pivotal point of today's current discussion, when Daniel, mogyay, f11, oath, trundle (5 people before me!!), also made a random read on people who hadn't posted prior to themselves :unsure:
something that is more notable is shawo's reaction to your read (which i understand was a joke). it strikes me as odd, assuming that they're not completely new to mafia? it seems off that somebody targets another person's rq answer when they haven't answered anything themselves. i'll just have to wait to hear more from shawo.

f11 themselves have stated that they haven't played mafia in a while. additionally, saying something in a joking manner isn't very alignment indicative? i'm unsure as to why you've put them on a slight townlean, unless this read was a joke.

what is your take on shawo's response to heyden's joke read from the rqs?

It's very light at the moment. I recall them being much less interactive as scum even in the beginning and I'm going off the notion that they are not joking about the read on Jacob which could be wrong but in the context of when they said it I got at least a somewhat pointed vibe from it. They can clarify that though.

I thought the same thing as shawo about Heyden's read, we talked about it in some of the above posts.

See the post I quoted from Jacob above. Jacob assumed that when Trundle said town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia he got that wording from his role PM rather than the thread. The role PM for town does not word it as 'town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia' so Jacob shouldn't be concluding that this is where Trundle got that wording from if Jacob got the same role PM as I did. Which does not say 'town's win condition is to eliminate all mafia' in its wording. That's why I'm suspicious of Jacob, along with his 'this is town vs town' post about Dan and Trundle.
Still reading but I think you are likely right to be suspicious of Jacob. He is not the kind of player to create tension D1. He likes to get on people’s good sides. I think he actually may have been pocketing.

start of the first day always sucks. and the new forum stuff makes it feel even wonkier. :/

taes behavior has thrown me off the most so far since they’ve commented twice on the game and it’s been passive comments on how the game usually behaves and that D1 is very quiet. These weak comments would contribute to why D1 is uneventful. While it’s clear that they’ve read the game so far, they choose to comment on practically nothing

shawo continues to ignore my and evans questions and seems too fixated on edits (which don’t really matter which ness was understanding). this seems like another attempt to have a presence in the game that contributes little

gap’s whole read post comes off as super forced lmao. it’s been under 12 hours and he already made a read list. personally, i think it was wayyy to early to make one and he’s already trying to call our inactives like locket, emolga and mog. while i’m all for inactivity call outs, the game started at 9pm for me which is a pretty late time for most people. the majority of the post, besides his thoughts on jacob and trundle, just seem way too fabricated already

also geo you forgot to add that panda hasn’t posted. but i would’ve given people at least until the first half of D1 to post

Still reading but I think you are likely right to be suspicious of Jacob. He is not the kind of player to create tension D1. He likes to get on people’s good sides. I think he actually may have been pocketing.
Still thinking about this, and I think town Jacob would not so boldly call something out like that D1. Although I'm sure some of you have played with him more recently than I have. Anyone else have thoughts on whether this behaviour is consistent for him or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back