• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 10.38.52 AM.jpg

no I said I thought DAN read his wincon off the pm which matched mine, which is why i TL'ed him. I just assumed aiden was town based on their back and forth, and the fact that I saw exactly where he pulled his idea of the town wincon straight off the OP, before I saw where dan did

Still thinking about this, and I think town Jacob would not so boldly call something out like that D1. Although I'm sure some of you have played with him more recently than I have. Anyone else have thoughts on whether this behaviour is consistent for him or not?
why you feel the need to restate something you just said 2 posts ago? it seems to me like you’re trying to get other players to voice their sus on jacob for you. also it seems you didn’t voice your sus on him until geo did despite jacob saying that a while back

View attachment 235342
no I said I thought DAN read his wincon off the pm which matched mine, which is why i TL'ed him. I just assumed aiden was town based on their back and forth, and the fact that I saw exactly where he pulled his idea of the town wincon straight off the OP, before I saw where dan did

sorry i forgot to @Geoni in this because this is in response to him

These are my weak sauce thoughts, please enjoy.

Damniel - Every single time I play a game with Daniel, he pressures me Day 1 and it is always town vs town. In this game's case, he actually had a relatively good reason to, and I think this is classic Daniel town play. Town lean.
Jacob - Jacob town and Jacob mafia are very different, at least when I last played it was. I mentioned my thoughts on him in my previous two posts; he has landed in a mafia lean in my reads.
Emolga59 - There isn't much to go off here, but RQS answers give me very slight town vibes.
DinoTown - Same as Emolga.
f11 - From what I remember, this is very town f11 play with the gung-ho accusations on Jacob. I respect it.
Locket - Nothing to go off of.
oath2order - I appreciate that oath was honest about how mad he gets when he is mafia and there is pressure on him. I distinctly remember a game or two where I outed him as mafia through uncertain analysis and his reaction is the only thing that really sealed the deal. No opinions yet, but will be fun to watch how he posts.
PunchyDaHufflepuff - I feel like the last time I played with Punchy, it was not very experienced at mafia but it came out and said it is also playing an 80 player game right now. I could never really read Punchy to begin with, but at this point I have no knowledge of how Punchy plays a game of mafia. I likely have some reading to do.
amazonevan19 - Inquisitive as always. I like how he called me out on my weird post when I was discussing post merges and edits. I don't think mafia would touch a statement like that D1 with a 40 foot pole.
Geoni - The mastermind himself. I cannot read Geoni D1 since he is a very good player on either side. I do like his commentary on Jacob so far and how he caught my unintentional breadcrumbing from role PM win condition (is this against the rules?).
skarmoury - I like how she is actually reading the thread and making contributions already (not commenting on whether I find them useful atm) despite it being her first game. I do not think she would be so open this early as a first game mafia (unless receiving instruction from an experienced team mate). Town lean.
PandaDarling - Still no check in.
Sheabae - Still no check in.
tae - I don't know how I feel about them yet. I want more.
glow - As I mentioned in my RQS, I find glow a really interesting player to read. Nothing substantial yet but I do find it interesting she opted to skip the RQS.
shawo - As I mentioned in my RQS, I think shawo would be really interesting as mafia, but as it stands I have no idea if he is town or mafia, and he is already very interesting to read. I'm actually slightly town leaning based on how casual/jokey they are being at the moment, but I could be being blindsided hard.
Mogyay - I have nothing to go off of, but I think mog is mafia this game.
Heyden - His town read on Jacob sits well with me, but overall I am not sure yet.
Harbour - She seems like she is doing well for her first game of mafia. Not sure where to put her yet, but I think Harbour will be an interesting player in this game.

And organized into reads (only players I find worth putting in atm):

Town
f11

Town Lean
Damniel
skarmoury
shawo
amazonevan19

Neutrals that I find particularly interesting
Harbour
DinoTown
Geoni

Mafia Lean
Jacob

Mafia
mogyay
Post automatically merged:

why you feel the need to restate something you just said 2 posts ago? it seems to me like you’re trying to get other players to voice their sus on jacob for you. also it seems you didn’t voice your sus on him until geo did despite jacob saying that a while back
First post was thinking about Jacob from the perspective of him being mafia, second post was perspective of him being town and asking other to share their thoughts. I am definitely suspicious of Jacob, but this is a group game so I am encouraging others to share their thoughts on him (particularly those who have played with him more recently than I have).

How thoroughly did you even read your role PM anyways?

I hate these new colors, but here's a summary:

Townread

Townlean

AmazonEvan
Daniel

Light townlean

Harbour
glow
Trundle?
f11

Null (from more towny to less towny)

shawo
mogyay
oath2order
tae

Null with hesitation

Heyden
DinoTown
Punchy

Scumlean

Jacob

Scumread

I had to cut the quotes down because this new TBT format is super bulky and I would just get confused.
Geoni do you wanna explain why you townlean Trundle? Did I miss it? It looks like from the first quote you're hesitant about something, then you just TL him over Null reading him and didn't say anything about why

If you guys press the search button in the top right of the screen, you can press the dropdown and click "This Thread" and then enter the username of the person you want to ISO.

I had to cut the quotes down because this new TBT format is super bulky and I would just get confused.
Geoni do you wanna explain why you townlean Trundle? Did I miss it? It looks like from the first quote you're hesitant about something, then you just TL him over Null reading him and didn't say anything about why
Maybe he is remembering that people are generally sus of me when I'm town, but when I'm mafia they just know I'm mafia. :lemon:

Damniel - Every single time I play a game with Daniel, he pressures me Day 1 and it is always town vs town.

Except the last game we were together in where u were scum

Nice to know someone finds me 'particularly interesting' lol

u could be more interesting if you started to contribute more. what're your thoughts?

u could be more interesting if you started to contribute more. what're your thoughts?
Honestly, at the minute I'm still trying to wrap my head around new names and new terminology that I've not seen used before. I am here and I am reading everything, I'm just waiting until I feel I'm confident in what I have to say before I do because I don't wanna say something stupid.

A lot of the talk of 'this is how this person acts in previous games' doesn't feel like I can comment on anyway because I haven't participated in previous games nor have I seen anyone in previous games to be aware of how they act. I think I'm going to be more helpful once the game gets going more.

Lol trundle thanks for the comment. I realized the need for overthinking from reading this thread and some older mafia threads heh.

I'm a little sleepy (it's like 11 PM right now) so this'll be one of my last comments for a while. I'll go through the thread from the beginning when I wake up and I'll share some thoughts. Nighty for now.

i still think what trundle said was suspicious, the wording in the pm is obviously going to stick out more but i guess it's ambiguous since the first paragraph said that but seems like a weird thing to say at the start of the game without even like checking

@dino, yes meta is so boring tbh, if it helps i'm p sure lots of ppl haven't played in ages. not wanting to say anything stupid might mean ur hiding something if ur mafia :p i think ur opinion is just as valid without having played, i think in tbt a lot of the time ppl get way too invested in meta

also @Geoni, nooooooo idea i'm sorry lmao, i can 100% dig them up for u but off the top of my head i can only remember one where i replaced in with jacob and than another that was a pm again, there's been more than that but i couldn't tell u the names unless i looked

sorry i forgot to @Geoni in this because this is in response to him

Yeah it's kinda like you're talking to two people at once here but if you're solely talking to Dan then I think it's just messy and I'm not reading it correctly but why do you still gather the both of them are town from these exchanges? At least at that time. You seem to be at least questioning Trundle now if you're questioning my townlean of him.

It had a lot to do with you two not being teamed but his behavior and posting style since I've checked back into the thread is bothering me so this is a good question and if you were solely talking to Dan (not both of them) there then I have to reread both of you.

These are my weak sauce thoughts, please enjoy.

Damniel - Every single time I play a game with Daniel, he pressures me Day 1 and it is always town vs town. In this game's case, he actually had a relatively good reason to, and I think this is classic Daniel town play. Town lean.
Jacob - Jacob town and Jacob mafia are very different, at least when I last played it was. I mentioned my thoughts on him in my previous two posts; he has landed in a mafia lean in my reads.
Emolga59 - There isn't much to go off here, but RQS answers give me very slight town vibes.
DinoTown - Same as Emolga.
f11 - From what I remember, this is very town f11 play with the gung-ho accusations on Jacob. I respect it.
Locket - Nothing to go off of.
oath2order - I appreciate that oath was honest about how mad he gets when he is mafia and there is pressure on him. I distinctly remember a game or two where I outed him as mafia through uncertain analysis and his reaction is the only thing that really sealed the deal. No opinions yet, but will be fun to watch how he posts.
PunchyDaHufflepuff - I feel like the last time I played with Punchy, it was not very experienced at mafia but it came out and said it is also playing an 80 player game right now. I could never really read Punchy to begin with, but at this point I have no knowledge of how Punchy plays a game of mafia. I likely have some reading to do.
amazonevan19 - Inquisitive as always. I like how he called me out on my weird post when I was discussing post merges and edits. I don't think mafia would touch a statement like that D1 with a 40 foot pole.
Geoni - The mastermind himself. I cannot read Geoni D1 since he is a very good player on either side. I do like his commentary on Jacob so far and how he caught my unintentional breadcrumbing from role PM win condition (is this against the rules?).
skarmoury - I like how she is actually reading the thread and making contributions already (not commenting on whether I find them useful atm) despite it being her first game. I do not think she would be so open this early as a first game mafia (unless receiving instruction from an experienced team mate). Town lean.
PandaDarling - Still no check in.
Sheabae - Still no check in.
tae - I don't know how I feel about them yet. I want more.
glow - As I mentioned in my RQS, I find glow a really interesting player to read. Nothing substantial yet but I do find it interesting she opted to skip the RQS.
shawo - As I mentioned in my RQS, I think shawo would be really interesting as mafia, but as it stands I have no idea if he is town or mafia, and he is already very interesting to read. I'm actually slightly town leaning based on how casual/jokey they are being at the moment, but I could be being blindsided hard.
Mogyay - I have nothing to go off of, but I think mog is mafia this game.
Heyden - His town read on Jacob sits well with me, but overall I am not sure yet.
Harbour - She seems like she is doing well for her first game of mafia. Not sure where to put her yet, but I think Harbour will be an interesting player in this game.

And organized into reads (only players I find worth putting in atm):

Town
f11

Town Lean
Damniel
skarmoury
shawo
amazonevan19

Neutrals that I find particularly interesting
Harbour
DinoTown
Geoni

Mafia Lean
Jacob

Mafia
mogyay

First post was thinking about Jacob from the perspective of him being mafia, second post was perspective of him being town and asking other to share their thoughts. I am definitely suspicious of Jacob, but this is a group game so I am encouraging others to share their thoughts on him (particularly those who have played with him more recently than I have).

This is a bit of a surface read but there's something about the wording of the reads list here that I find really pockety, particularly with echoing the same thought on f11 when I'm not sure if they're joking or not and calling me a mastermind and stuff. The moment I put Jacob at the bottom of my list and side with him he goes in on suspecting Jacob harder and it reflects in the read of f11 and others. If you're already basing your reads off Jacob like this then you should have the certainty to place a vote on him for one.

But also what are you talking about with 'unintentional breadcrumbing of my role PM' here?

Also I think DinoTown is not the same as Emolga and a differentiation should be made.

I skipped the RQS and I think another person or two have as well so why does glow get the heat from you for skipping it?

Why the intensity about mog more than Jacob with all of your reads here considered?

Also yeah I forgot Panda too, she's null. I don't expect much activity from her through the game, maybe a little before end of days. I always kinda found her frustrating to read because of that but it's not the kind of playstyle that will help her escape the PoE if she does happen to be mafia.

Last edited:
i still think what trundle said was suspicious, the wording in the pm is obviously going to stick out more but i guess it's ambiguous since the first paragraph said that but seems like a weird thing to say at the start of the game without even like checking

@dino, yes meta is so boring tbh, if it helps i'm p sure lots of ppl haven't played in ages. not wanting to say anything stupid might mean ur hiding something if ur mafia :p i think ur opinion is just as valid without having played, i think in tbt a lot of the time ppl get way too invested in meta

also @Geoni, nooooooo idea i'm sorry lmao, i can 100% dig them up for u but off the top of my head i can only remember one where i replaced in with jacob and than another that was a pm again, there's been more than that but i couldn't tell u the names unless i looked
this is town mog

Yeah it's kinda like you're talking to two people at once here but if you're solely talking to Dan then I think it's just messy and I'm not reading it correctly but why do you still gather the both of them are town from these exchanges? At least at that time. You seem to be at least questioning Trundle now if you're questioning my townlean of him.

It had a lot to do with you two not being teamed but his behavior and posting style since I've checked back into the thread is bothering me so this is a good question and if you were solely talking to Dan (not both of them) there then I have to reread both of you.

This is a bit of a surface read but there's something about the wording of the reads list here that I find really pockety, particularly with echoing the same thought on f11 when I'm not sure if they're joking or not and calling me a mastermind and stuff. The moment I put Jacob at the bottom of my list and side with him he goes in on suspecting Jacob harder and it reflects in the read of f11 and others. If you're already basing your reads off Jacob like this then you should have the certainty to place a vote on him for one.

But also what are you talking about with 'unintentional breadcrumbing of my role PM' here?

Also I think DinoTown is not the same as Emolga and a differentiation should be made.

I skipped the RQS and I think another person or two have as well so why does glow get the heat from you for skipping it?

Why the intensity about mog more than Jacob with all of your reads here considered?

I didn't realize you skipped the RQS (or anyone else for that matter), I just noticed it when reading through glow's posts. Also ignore the thing I said about role PM stuff lol. And yeah it does look like my reads are kinda weird, but trust me, they're only going to get weirder. I am a really bad D1 player so I am really going off my gut feelings.

but why do you still gather the both of them are town from these exchanges?

To clarify, when Dan and Trundle we're arguing what the "town wincon" was, I first reread the OP and found what Aiden was referring to, then I checked my own PM to see where Daniel was getting his argument (which he later quoted was actually from the OP as well. The op just said 2 different things at different places). I then said "Dan v Trundle is Town v Town" in reference to their interaction being something two town would be having, rather than "oh Dan might've caught scum." Maybe i should've said "this is overkill and non indicative."

I do think you should maybe read back tho because I kinda don't like how the ball was rolling and Aiden jumped along on you scum leaning me after misreading one of my posts which I didn't intend to be ambiguous. I think that's also why Heyden was pushing back on you scum reading me.

also idk why im trundles biggest scum lead lol, i was kind of ignoring it bc i thought maybe it was one of those reaction things, i realise me skipping it entirely looks kinda weird but i guess i just dont have much to say about it, he usually scum reads me in games iirc so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back