• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mafia wincon = implies eliminate town
Town wincon = implies eliminate mafia and maybe third-party

This 20-player game feels too big for 4 mafia alone, and is definitely too small for 5 mafia, so I’m sure there’s a third-party
Post automatically merged:

I’m not editing
sir why are you using the word implies and maybe just read your role pm lmfao

I just realized as I wrote it that I would normally call out other people for "contributing" to the game in ways that aren't helpful so I wasn't to clarify since Daniel is already on my ass.
Fair enough although I found it to be helpful

Also I will note that shawo has ignored Daniel's inquiry as to why they haven't completed the questions and also has not answered my question about their history with Hayden, even though they've been in the thread

this is a genuine question but are overanalysis like this normal or is it just like really heated atm

I will say I'm a teensy bit uncomfortable with shawo maybe trying to pocket me and Trundle. My answer on the scumteam is not really AI at all so idk why that'd make them want to trust me

Shawo referenced that they're "not bitter" about anything, which implies to me they have some sort of history with Hayden? Shawo, did you go by another username previously, or if not, could you summarize some of this prior bad blood between you two? Maybe I'm just getting old but I honestly don't remember you from prior games
Yes I ruined his salmon run rank he hates me

Also that definitely wasn't a pocket lol

this is a genuine question but are overanalysis like this normal or is it just like really heated atm

that’s the point of the game. to analyze what people say and look for clues as to who’s red :3

hello.
1. i’ve played werewolf but that’s all i can say for now. the people i played with weren’t very experienced either so i can’t really say that i’m any good.
2. probably town. i feel like mafia provides you with additional stress as you have to worry about every word you say.
3. i haven’t had experience with anybody in this game so no hard feelings but rng gives me dinotown, sheabae and geoni from the playerlist.
4. not going to lie, everybody intimidates me at the moment.
5. i attempt to remain calm and collected, but i'd end up being too logical to the extent where i'd just sound like a desperate scum.
6. she/her.

This 20-player game feels too big for 4 mafia alone, and is definitely too small for 5 mafia, so I’m sure there’s a third-party

it really depends on the kp though, not necessarily the amount of mafia. unless there's a specific balancing method.

that’s the point of the game. to analyze what people say and look for clues as to who’s red :3

Oh lol sorry yeah I got that, I was honestly just skimming through everything. Might be just me and not really minding the tiniest things like not answering questions immediately. I thought maybe people just naturally overlooked things from time to time.

I realized I'm probably too forgiving of a player lol, not that I mind heated arguments though

I just realized as I wrote it that I would normally call out other people for "contributing" to the game in ways that aren't helpful so I wasn't to clarify since Daniel is already on my ass.

your response was understandable enough so i'd hardly say im still on you

unless you think i have a reason to :lemon:

Usually on day 1 yeah, picking out people's sentences is the main focus since we don't know anyone's alignment yet, but once people start flipping mafia/town you can use their alignments for analysis as well.
hello.
1. i’ve played werewolf but that’s all i can say for now. the people i played with weren’t very experienced either so i can’t really say that i’m any good.
2. probably town. i feel like mafia provides you with additional stress as you have to worry about every word you say.
3. i haven’t had experience with anybody in this game so no hard feelings but rng gives me dinotown, sheabae and geoni from the playerlist.
4. not going to lie, everybody intimidates me at the moment.
5. i attempt to remain calm and collected, but i'd end up being too logical to the extent where i'd just sound like a desperate scum.
6. she/her.

it really depends on the kp though, not necessarily the amount of mafia. unless there's a specific balancing method.
Very true, but yeah KP here is usually calculated as 1 mafia member = 0.5 KP, rounding up to get a final KP. So 4 mafia = 2KP, 3 mafia =1.5 KP (which rounds up to 2 KP)

*Sometimes* Godfather is worth 1KP so yeah you're right it can definitely vary.

does anyone else keep clicking the "post merge" bar thinking it's a spoiler or is that just me

Why do you feel the need to say this when we are at the very beginning of the game and you had already made clear your intentions to try and test this out? Not saying you're scum or anything, but this seems a little bit overly paranoid

this is a good train of thought, that struck me as preemptive as well. it shows that trundle is putting consideration into how he's perceived, i.e. possibly negative interpretations of his actions and whether or not they seem "scummy", rather than just providing content

at the bare minimum, it was just helpful to know the forum mechs

oh man is that edit thing gonna pose a problem LOL

i swear to h*ck i did not edit, also post merges are kinda my aesthetic now so, this is a damper

Trundle v Dan is town v town

interesting vibe where did u get it

Last edited:
1. What's your experience? (How long have you played mafia/town of Salem/anything similar)
I played ToS a long time ago to the point I don't really remember anything distinct, any particular games, etc, but I definitely remember how to play. For the last couple of years, I've been a part of Madness, a Discord-based game for select participants focused on roleplaying as a certain character and figuring out the killers based on physical appearance.
2. What's your preferred alignment? Why?
I would know if I had been anything other than a good guy in literally every game of Madness lol
3. Name 3 people for the scum team right now.
I have absolutely no idea, I don't really even know any names yet, I would basically be picking three people at random at that doesn't feel right.
4. Which player scares/concerns you the most?
That being said, the whole editing thing with Shawo was a bit weird and I shall be keeping an eye out.
5. How do you react to pressure?
Really, really bad. I get so anxious I can and will say the first thing that comes into my head - my filter just vanishes. I can control this with my medication though so I guess be prepared for me to freak out and then be chill twenty minutes later when the meds kick in.
6. (Optional) What're your pronouns?
She/her

That being said, the whole editing thing with Shawo was a bit weird and I shall be keeping an eye out.

Actually, there’s a whole fuss with the whole editing thing, post merges apparently show as edits ~5 mins after the original post.

So I just tested, and a post merge will show up as an edit if you perform the post merge 5 minutes after the original message is posted. Therefore shawo did not edit his post.

Proof here. I did not edit my post, only post merge: https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...discussion-thread.449463/page-13#post-8595760

Also, I am not doing this to make it look like I'm contributing to the game without actually making reads.

I appreciate it trundle, it's nice knowing someone has my back. *Sighs in japanese*

You guys talk a bit and we can play a fun game called RL d1.

It wasn’t really a scumread I just picked 3 random people honestly, you just felt like scum when I read your name on the playerlist..... a very guided prediction yes.

Okay I backread lol and I have to back up Heyden on this one.The random scum list didn’t need to merit a strong tone, it’s just to keep the convo going /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back