• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is where I am reading this situation right now.

shawo - Town
f11 - Town
Heyden - ???
Geoni - Mafia lean
tae - Mafia

I'm going to be clear. I think tae's frustration is 100% genuine. But I do not think that the frustration means they are town. I have played games where I am being mafia read for little to no reason from my own perspective, and I think it might have been RHOM (or maybe another game?). When I am mafia and I think I'm being sussed out for any good reason, I get really pissed off over it, and that is how I'm pegging tae's frustration right now.

Next, why does tae instantly assume both shawo and f11 are mafia? I believe if tae was town, there is a good chance they could read shawo and f11 as town misreading town. BUT, since tae already put their suspicions on the two, I think tae is essentially forced to deadlock them as mafia. If tae is mafia and flips reads right now, it would be detrimental and incredibly obvious that tae is just trying to avoid being lynched. So channeling the frustration and making it seem as genuine as possible is likely tae's best move in this situation.

I have no idea what Heyden is thinking right now. He voted, but I don't think he gave a clear explanation why unless I missed it while following the thread. I think the vote + saying tae had a good reaction is a little strange, but overall I'm not sure how to read it.

Since I have been "worldbuilding" that Geoni could be mafia, I think it would make sense in this case for Geoni to let tae go down. He's like Dolby. He drives the bus.

So those are my thoughts on the current situation. I would love to blitz right now but I think getting more thoughts in the thread from players who have been lurking is really important otherwise we are not going to be able to distinguish from the inactive town and the lurking mafia in future days.

Bussing is dumb it's not my scum meta at all lol, your worldbuilding is really surface Trundle and just inflaming the chaos.

someone can literally fight me if they think mog is maf

mog is contributing a LOT more then scum!mog.

scum!mog just coasts and doesn't take responsibility

i feel like mog has a semi-active presence in thread

Glow, if I told you that Oath and Geoni is mafia together, who would you say is mafia.
Post automatically merged:

ISn'T***

you mean...aren't? lol

i agree they aren't mafia together though. but one likely is mafia and i'm afraid that oath might be town cos his play is so.....idk how to describe........motivation-less........"dgaf".....?????

you were right earlier where i think you said something along the lines of "geoni's actions will tell his alignment" and i think the jacob push was really bad for geoni. geoni's d1 w/ jacob & daniel are what made me realise they were both town (same with trundle)

it's just kinda zzzzzzzzzz because oath has kinda been non-interactive with me for some reason despite asking everyone else in the game what their favorite color is once he came back to the thread

Anyone who wants to maj right now doesn't want information on the table because there's people we haven't heard from, people who need to explain their reads and agreements on things, and if the person being majjed is town you can hella bet multiple scum are on the table.

That's how I read oath too, a large part of the push on him felt like it was because it was EASY and OTHER people were doing it, and probably means he's town.

But uh, I don't have much of an impression of him at all. I eralized that I was confusing him with someone else during the game on my reread.

Ok, are you gonna leave me hanging though? Google hasn't provided any results, just something about knife fights.

it's not a good luck.

Anyone who wants to maj right now doesn't want information on the table because there's people we haven't heard from, people who need to explain their reads and agreements on things, and if the person being majjed is town you can hella bet multiple scum are on the table.
Nobody said they want majority right now lol

it's not a good luck.
Thank you!

Besides the grammar errors, I agree tae being this aggressive and giving up is scummy. I still disagree that her overreacting to shawo reads is considered more scum then townie though.

No I’m probably not gonna keep my vote on tae, I’m just not the type of person to vote/unvote everytime a thought in my mind changes.

Right now tae’s null, that Panda 180 read is super towny, along with them challenging shawo, for which everyone is townreading shawo. I hate their lack of townreads though which makes me null, bc a common scum tell for me is not wanting townread people easily.

Townlocks:

Punchy

Townread:

Mog -
might have been a little pre-emptive on the lock, but in time bomb/veteran game she didn’t make a post with content a while after the RQS, this game she’s done the opposite and made a lot of contentful posts.
Evan - had good effort early, tone felt natural
Geoni - i initially thought he was wolfy but over time he's not pushed any agendas (scumtell, trust me on this one) and had an overall towny tone.

Townlean:

Shawo -
His advocation for no lynch is towny especially considering that I think the wagons were v/v.
Trundle - he could go either way, his tone reads as he’s hiding something, but this could just be him repressing yelling at the whole town. My scumreads generally mostly wanted to lynch him, so I believe he’s town for this.
DinoTown - I like his thoughts. I think that they come from a towny pov. Weak read.

Null:

Oath -
hasn’t posted that much. Will turn to a scumread soon if he doesn’t pick it up.
Harbour - scumreads me for ??? reasons, honestly don’t feel like they’ve done anything much this game
Glow - I’ve heard they have a scummy day 1 and a better day 2. I’ll refrain from making a read on them until later.
Shaebae - Who?

Wolflean:

Locket -
This is a gutread, something about her posts make me want to scumread her. Weak read. Will be scummier if she doesn’t pick it up.
F11 - hasn’t been memeing as much, their tae bandwagon is really scummy
Tae - not aligned with F11. I don’t feel like their reaction came from a town standpoint. I thought it was really scummy tbh.
Heyden - feels like they haven’t even tried this game. Haven’t memed either tbh.

Wolfread:

Panda -
don’t have a single reason or her to be town at all, they’ve been quiet so far. Their posts give off a wolfy tone tbh. They feel slightly angry but Panda hasn’t done much to defend herself. The wagon had little momentum and people wanted to change to oath over panda. I honestly believe this is mafia.
Antonio - his read on trundle really read as faked, the reasoning doesn’t seem real. I skipped half of the posts insulting trundle. His mason claim isn’t real and it’s for the sole purpose of protecting a scumbuddy.

Wolf!:

That's how I read oath too, a large part of the push on him felt like it was because it was EASY and OTHER people were doing it, and probably means he's town.

But uh, I don't have much of an impression of him at all. I eralized that I was confusing him with someone else during the game on my reread.

it's not a good luck.

I'm back and forth on Oath because he's had ample opportunity to really contribute reads and discussion and instead is letting stuff unravel and I don't like giving that type of thing a pass.

What's your opinion on glow vs Oath if that's how you feel about oath?

So here is where I am reading this situation right now.

shawo - Town
f11 - Town
Heyden - ???
Geoni - Mafia lean
tae - Mafia

I'm going to be clear. I think tae's frustration is 100% genuine. But I do not think that the frustration means they are town. I have played games where I am being mafia read for little to no reason from my own perspective, and I think it might have been RHOM (or maybe another game?). When I am mafia and I think I'm being sussed out for any good reason, I get really pissed off over it, and that is how I'm pegging tae's frustration right now.

Next, why does tae instantly assume both shawo and f11 are mafia? I believe if tae was town, there is a good chance they could read shawo and f11 as town misreading town. BUT, since tae already put their suspicions on the two, I think tae is essentially forced to deadlock them as mafia. If tae is mafia and flips reads right now, it would be detrimental and incredibly obvious that tae is just trying to avoid being lynched. So channeling the frustration and making it seem as genuine as possible is likely tae's best move in this situation.

I have no idea what Heyden is thinking right now. He voted, but I don't think he gave a clear explanation why unless I missed it while following the thread. I think the vote + saying tae had a good reaction is a little strange, but overall I'm not sure how to read it.

Since I have been "worldbuilding" that Geoni could be mafia, I think it would make sense in this case for Geoni to let tae go down. He's like Dolby. He drives the bus.

So those are my thoughts on the current situation. I would love to blitz right now but I think getting more thoughts in the thread from players who have been lurking is really important otherwise we are not going to be able to distinguish from the inactive town and the lurking mafia in future days.

i have a question and hayden actually pointed this out, i liked it and it's a good point so i don't think it should be glossed over:

what reason does tae have to flip reads on panda when panda's a lynch that many players talked about d1? and panda is kinda lynchbait assuming she's town. it seems that tae pressured panda, panda had some AtE (that i'm not fully sure how to interpret) and tae liked it or had other considerations then changed opinions.

fluid reads like that seem towny

i guess your argument could be that tae/panda are mafia together, but i don't see that really?

also that said. i don't know about panda's alignment, she's a bit more reserved and less inquisitive than i recall but meh i think there could be a reason for that

Hold up, I was about to go do a deep dive on what happened with Daniel and Emolga for them to both die but I am skimming and seeing mention of a maj?

Hold the **** up guys why are we majjing anyone at this point, this feels way too sudden and like a mafia plot to me to shut down discussion.

Having said that, let me catch up on the 10 pages I've missed out on to sort things out, then determine if it's worth my taking that time or if this phase is about to end anyway shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back