• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like I'm beating a dead horse when it comes to wanting more from people like Heyden glow Panda oath etc. Each one of them contributed little to wagons yesterday while suddenly coming around at EoD and voting off wagon. That's not a scumtell if they genuinely were trying to push another option but the pushes they had at EoD seem to be dialed back to simmer.

And idk with AmazonEvan anymore but I don't feel he's aligned with Locket yet that case he made... I feel like it's not being discussed much?
Post automatically merged:

Speak of the devil. Evan I wanna understand why your approach to the Locket ISO felt a bit predetermined and stretched out, are you going to push that today?
It probably felt predetermined because you mentioned before that you felt I had already arrived at a conclusion before I finished the ISO...when in reality, I had simply done the ISO because I felt Locket was scummy, but wanted to go through that exercise to see if my thought was correct. Obv if Locket had actually contributed solid content which I was on board with then I'd have slight townread or nulled

I am still of the opinion that Locket does not look good, but I want to hear from her more before potentially casting my vote. Right now I have a lot more of the game to still sift through and I also need to pursue a different investigation, which I will share once I am done with it. Rest assured I am not trying to ignore any aspect of what's going on or am just gonna leave my giant ass Locket ISO to rot in N1 even if people are going to ignore it. I just need to consider different possibilities and takes here

You said you were down for Panda or Oath and I'm still waiting on you to even talk about Panda since you didn't assist the only CFD that had a chance after saying that, instead sticking to a CFD that didn't. I just searched through your ISO and have seen very little about it.

i recently just talked about my thoughts on panda though, albeit briefly. regarding D1: shawo told me panda softed PR which has still thrown me off even now. shawo has since said he took it back but anyway i'll let that be i guess because he's unquestionably town to me at this point. ANYWAY panda had some AtE in rxn to tae that i am still mulling over. i often misconstrue genuine frustration/AtE with being town so. yeah. yes technically that could be true with tae too but i really think they're town for actual reasons not just AtE ok pls

also, i feel like we had more of a chance to lynch oath? trundle, f11, hayden, me all were willing to flip off of jacob IIRC. and it was either f11 or hayden that suggested panda/oath. jacob would've likely lynched either to save himself too presumably, so yeah the votes existed ya'll just decided to lynch the VT who knew what the townwincon is

i don't remember trundle scumreading panda on d1 during that time period so i still think that oath was more of a potential but correct me if i'm wrong

I'd like to know how you feel about Harbours "reads" ?

I thought his takes were really agreeable and coming from a solvey place but now that I noticed the Emolga thing I need re-evaluate her entirely. That's so alarming since it was minutes from daybreak and she's felt so lacking in interactions so far.

i have a question and hayden actually pointed this out, i liked it and it's a good point so i don't think it should be glossed over:

what reason does tae have to flip reads on panda when panda's a lynch that many players talked about d1? and panda is kinda lynchbait assuming she's town. it seems that tae pressured panda, panda had some AtE (that i'm not fully sure how to interpret) and tae liked it or had other considerations then changed opinions.

fluid reads like that seem towny

i guess your argument could be that tae/panda are mafia together, but i don't see that really?

also that said. i don't know about panda's alignment, she's a bit more reserved and less inquisitive than i recall but meh i think there could be a reason for that
Didn’t think about that but will address it in the morning.

It doesn't even have to be full reads just categorization of which tier you see which player in.

Being town in early game with no redflip is PoE hell no matter what, but I just want to know what you think about everyone and not just the few you have commented on.

RE ABI your Evan thoughts - I feel almost null about Locket which is why the expansiveness and the fact that he gave her no points of 'this could be coming from town' anywhere in the ISO.
Are we reading the same ISO? I mentioned a couple of points in Locket's favor for SURE
  • "I am trying to find the posts Locket is referring to here but this is actually an intriguing and original possibility that does not seem to have been brought up again, so bonus points for Locket here I guess.
  • "Ok she FINALLY explains why a NL would be bad here. Pretty good look tbh."

Like ok yeah I concluded most posts of hers were not good looks but I did give credit where credit was due...

Hold up, I was about to go do a deep dive on what happened with Daniel and Emolga for them to both die but I am skimming and seeing mention of a maj?

Hold the **** up guys why are we majjing anyone at this point, this feels way too sudden and like a mafia plot to me to shut down discussion.

Having said that, let me catch up on the 10 pages I've missed out on to sort things out, then determine if it's worth my taking that time or if this phase is about to end anyway shortly
For the second time, nobody wants a majority at this point.

My brain hurts.. still not sure why there was a big push for Jacob.. even emo was trying multiple times to get a solid answer and then BOOM killed in the night.. I had Damniel as town in my read so I’m leaning into my gut scum reads now.

scum:
Geoni
punchy
and a tie between harbor and oath

Are we reading the same ISO? I mentioned a couple of points in Locket's favor for SURE
  • "I am trying to find the posts Locket is referring to here but this is actually an intriguing and original possibility that does not seem to have been brought up again, so bonus points for Locket here I guess.
  • "Ok she FINALLY explains why a NL would be bad here. Pretty good look tbh."

Like ok yeah I concluded most posts of hers were not good looks but I did give credit where credit was due...

It came with a sense of 'but I don't want to townread her' with wording like that and the stuff you scumread is still pretty overwhelming. Again it all felt so extra even though Locket doesn't look great at all and I had a very quick gut reaction to the case.

Idek if Locket will acknowledge much of it.

i recently just talked about my thoughts on panda though, albeit briefly. regarding D1: shawo told me panda softed PR which has still thrown me off even now. shawo has since said he took it back but anyway i'll let that be i guess because he's unquestionably town to me at this point. ANYWAY panda had some AtE in rxn to tae that i am still mulling over. i often misconstrue genuine frustration/AtE with being town so. yeah. yes technically that could be true with tae too but i really think they're town for actual reasons not just AtE ok pls

also, i feel like we had more of a chance to lynch oath? trundle, f11, hayden, me all were willing to flip off of jacob IIRC. and it was either f11 or hayden that suggested panda/oath. jacob would've likely lynched either to save himself too presumably, so yeah the votes existed ya'll just decided to lynch the VT who knew what the townwincon is

i don't remember trundle scumreading panda on d1 during that time period so i still think that oath was more of a potential but correct me if i'm wrong

I'm currently mulling over Panda after noticing this Harbour thing myself.

Jacob wasn't the first to really point the wincon thing out though, it was Dan, being all 'ya'll decided to (...)' feels like the sort of 'I'm removed from the town wagon and more innocent' deflection I was talking about. You still had the time to follow other people on the CFD and Trundle would of course have to self pres. If it's nitpicky it's because I didn't have much else to pick apart from you.

My brain hurts.. still not sure why there was a big push for Jacob.. even emo was trying multiple times to get a solid answer and then BOOM killed in the night.. I had Damniel as town in my read so I’m leaning into my gut scum reads now.

scum:
Geoni
punchy
and a tie between harbor and oath

Ew.

Last edited:
Okay I think I've played a few games with Locket, her robotic/formal is vaguely familiar, which makes it very hard to make a judgement on her behaviour.

What I can never understand is why PR speculation is scummy? Most of the time it's just reckless townplay IMO. She pointed out the possibility of masons, for which as mafia, if you sensed a PR would you not immediately tell scum chat, not the general thread? Locket feels VERY dissociated from the thread in a way that feels like she doesn't really know whats going on hence her long list of nulls, and a strong lack of conviction, rather than purposely avoiding the thread FMPOV.

It came with a sense of 'but I don't want to townread her' with wording like that and the stuff you scumread is still pretty overwhelming. Again it all felt so extra even though Locket doesn't look great at all and I had a very quick gut reaction to the case.

Idek if Locket will acknowledge much of it.
Fair I guess, I mean the whole point was to figure out where she lies and quite frankly I didn't see much which were good looks to begin with.

Locket did respond to some of what I said very lackadaisically, here lemme pull it up... Post 1078 you can go see it and tell me that's sufficient responses to the issues I brought up. She ignored a lot of what I said and just flat out admitted to not having many strong thoughts on anybody after reading EoD.

**** the lack of multiquoting :(

I'm not gonna lie it's a little difficult for me to interact with glow because I know them off site.

Speaking of which, glow you're being a little nitpicky this game, I feel like you're going after a few things that are more discrepancies than anything else. Yeah... I've definitely made some mistakes in my posts.

However, I also think glow pushing someone like Oath, who does have relatively few posts isn't inherently a bad thing. I am physically incapable of reading glow so I'm going to have to do it through PoE.

Additionally, my issue with Tae's pushback on me is that it felt like an overreaction, and I was talking about specific things I noticed that I dislike.

I don't think Glow is mafia at all. I just also don't feel qualified to read them lmao.

I'm going to ISO Harbour and end up looking like Evan @ Locket lol, brace for hypocrisy. I feel some type of way before I even dive in.

Additionally, my issue with Tae's pushback on me is that it felt like an overreaction, and I was talking about specific things I noticed that I dislike.

it probably is overreaction but i think you're reckless regardless and i don't like that much either.

Well shawo kinda lent some insight into their interactions with glow - apparently they know each other irl - so that's an...interesting tidbit.

But anyway. I'm fully caught up now. I'm thinking that Heyden/Panda/tae is another very likely possibility given Heyden’s defending Panda and Panda’s defending tae. I am very conflicted on tae’s AtEing to hell – my gut instinct was to believe that they were channeling genuine townie rage, especially as I’ve been in similar situations. But Shawo does make really good points about how bad it really looks for tae. So idk.

Let me be clear about pairings - these are not necessarily people I am all going to scumread or I think are all necessarily mafia. I am simply noting that these users tend to be supportive of each other and could likely be on the same side, and thus could def be scum. Glow/Shawo in particular is a pairing I think are actually likely town but Heyden/Panda/tae could very well all be scum.

Now before I go to bed I am going to investigate what I've alluded to before

it probably is overreaction but i think you're reckless regardless and i don't like that much either.
what exactly about shawo is reckless here? I don't really see them being anything of the sort, and you're one to talk after e.x.p.l.o.d.i.n.g. at shawo for simply scumreading you

But anyway. I'm fully caught up now. I'm thinking that Heyden/Panda/tae is another very likely possibility given Heyden’s defending Panda and Panda’s defending tae. I am very conflicted on tae’s AtEing to hell – my gut instinct was to believe that they were channeling genuine townie rage, especially as I’ve been in similar situations. But Shawo does make really good points about how bad it really looks for tae. So idk.
Ummmm anyway

what exactly about shawo is reckless here? I don't really see them being anything of the sort, and you're one to talk after e.x.p.l.o.d.i.n.g. at shawo for simply scumreading you

their entire D1 makes my skin crawl.
coming out the gates of the gameclaiming a pr role, leaving until the very end, then advocating for a NL outta no where after not being aroundfor the whole ass day? i dont like that lmao. danging pr role info in our faces? its weird i dont like it.

So inherently I'm mafia for not being here?

I mean it's not like I was sitting there watching the thread cackling I just forgot about it.

Well shawo kinda lent some insight into their interactions with glow - apparently they know each other irl - so that's an...interesting tidbit.

Let me be clear about pairings - these are not necessarily people I am all going to scumread or I think are all necessarily mafia. I am simply noting that these users tend to be supportive of each other and could likely be on the same side, and thus could def be scum. Glow/Shawo in particular is a pairing I think are actually likely town but Heyden/Panda/tae could very well all be scum.

Now before I go to bed I am going to investigate what I've alluded to before

ummmm excuse me ? where did I defend Tae ? and where did Heyden defend me (no, please really point the post out, I missed it) ?

I wasn't defending Tae... I was more or less lending my insight/past experience about/with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back