• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New updated reads list. Unfortunately still an awful lot of nulls going around.

2. Trundle - the 5% scumlean has reduced to 0%. I have no idea what to think about this. Post quality has certainly improved but I can't ignore the start of the game to the point I could townlean.

6. f11 - They've posted more but with everything else going on I can hardly focus on less-central individuals right now to the point I can decide on a lean. Null.

7. Locket - Some people seem to have been scumleaning them. I remember seeing one post of theirs that made me agree but I cannot remember what it was or why, and trying to search for that post does not help. A lot of their reads match up with mine. I don't know honestly.

8. Oath2Order - Pretty much null. At least I've stopped getting mixed up between Evan and them now.

9. PunchyDaHufflepuff - Rubs me the wrong way, honestly. And not just because they misgendered me. Their posting style with the few lines and not seemingly able to contribute a huge paragraph at any point is very hmm. Also straight up putting Antonio on ignore was pretty dumb. I agree he's annoying but cmon. Defeats the purpose of the game. If someone can tell me that this is in line with their meta I'll probably change my mind but very small scumlean for now.

10. amazonevan19 - Pretty heavy townlean tbh. Consistently puts out posts focused on solving this thing and seemed pretty immune to the sheer insanity of EoN going on around them. Also shown to be capable of the kind of critical analysis of behaviours needed to pull through this game with a town win.

11. Geoni - Seem a lot of people mention the possibility of scum but I think it's heavily based on meta, which I can't really comment on. Null, but I'm wary of.

12. Antonio - First one to put themselves firmly in the "I don't know what you are other than an idiot" zone. Claiming mason on N1? Really? Where was the logic? Also seems to have a 50/50 split of helpful posts and annoying as heck posts.

13. PandaDarling - Not very good vibes here I'll admit. I certainly think there's scum possibility but I'm happy to put it on the back burner for now and focus on someone else if the group deems that the best choice.

14. Sheabae - I have seen pretty much nothing from them. Being honest, still a little confused on who they are. Give me more to work from, cmon. This is hard enough for me. Null.

15. tae - tae seems like they are being pushed for by Shawo kinda heavily. While Shawo may have some good points, I'm not sure I fully understand what the reasons for pointing at tae are yet. Feel free to enlighten me, but in general I'm not looking to agree to heavily with Shawo right now.

16. glow - Like Sheabae but worse near enough. Worse to the point the lack of content to go off of might make me say small scumlean.

17. Shawo - the other half of the "I don't know what you are other than an idiot" zone. Null in general, but not looking forward to the possibility of agreeing with them anytime soon.

18. Mogyay - same as Sheabae.

19. Heyden - has said some things that seem a little funky, as an example:
Are we still pursuing Trundle and Evan omg, just townlock them already guys
Just a very hmm person. Unsure if hmm enough to be free from the Null zone tho.

20. Harbour - apparently has replaced me as most active and helpful newbie, yet is under some heat with scum concerns at the same time. If being a helpful newbie puts you under a spotlight like that... she can have it. General null.

20. Harbour - apparently has replaced me as most active and helpful newbie, yet is under some heat with scum concerns at the same time. If being a helpful newbie puts you under a spotlight like that... she can have it. General null.
Lmfaooooo

Just had an hour long painful shallow breathing episode that I fully brought on myself for drinking an accursed energy drink while on my medication so like...I really need to lay down and probably won't be back until tonight but pay attention to how Heyden is acting and Harbour's tone in response to my ISO/case. Heyden is already doing the work of disenfranchising my ISO, the dude is wolfing and playing it straight.

I still dig my worldbuild of Harbour/Heyden/Evan/shaebae, It's definitely in order of confidence but reading them separately is to come.

Alrighty then, I am awake and will be taking my time typing to ensure that my points are coming through.

i think that punchy and heyden didn't want you to go on and give hints about your partner because that would narrow the bluepool even more. additionally, if shawo were to claim to be your partner, you could easily just deny the claim and everybody would believe you since you claimed mason first. if you thought you were going to die on n1, you should've said it a few minutes before the phase ended.
but i believe that it is best that we don't hold onto this mistake, and instead focus on the situation now
Mafia could've claimed shawo as my pr and killed me off day 1, that's why I made the statement. There was 19 people in the game so far, me stating that shawo wasn't the other mason makes the bluepool role bigger instead of narrowing it done. However, it narrows my partner possibility down by 1/18 people which is still a pretty big probability. Mix that in with a little lie about my partner being inactive and BOOM, ya get a confirmed bluesnip.

They weren't mad about the blue pool to be narrowed, they were worried I took their possible blue claim. If they were mad about me claiming, why weren't they mad WHEN I ACTUALLY CLAIMED, especially when punchy stated he didn't believe me before. He automatically believed me when I stated shawo wasn't the other person like wtf.

Just had an hour long painful shallow breathing episode that I fully brought on myself for drinking an accursed energy drink while on my medication so like...I really need to lay down and probably won't be back until tonight but pay attention to how Heyden is acting and Harbour's tone in response to my ISO/case. Heyden is already doing the work of disenfranchising my ISO, the dude is wolfing and playing it straight.

I still dig my worldbuild of Harbour/Heyden/Evan/shaebae, It's definitely in order of confidence but reading them separately is to come.
The thing is, I also just don't really see anything that would make you think that Harbour is definitely mafia in your ISO. 80% of the points are just (paraphrasing) "I can see this coming from town, makes sense". Unless I'm missing something, I am not convinced. Would you be able to highlight the things that are actually making you think Harbour is mafia (ie compile into a new post) without all the filler. I want to believe you but I'm just not seeing it.
Post automatically merged:

i have a question and hayden actually pointed this out, i liked it and it's a good point so i don't think it should be glossed over:

what reason does tae have to flip reads on panda when panda's a lynch that many players talked about d1? and panda is kinda lynchbait assuming she's town. it seems that tae pressured panda, panda had some AtE (that i'm not fully sure how to interpret) and tae liked it or had other considerations then changed opinions.

fluid reads like that seem towny

i guess your argument could be that tae/panda are mafia together, but i don't see that really?

also that said. i don't know about panda's alignment, she's a bit more reserved and less inquisitive than i recall but meh i think there could be a reason for that
So I have been reading back and I don't think Panda was that strong of a lynch target D1? I don't really think there was any traction at all to get anything like that off the ground, especially not D1. If you could give me a post or page number for tae pressuring Panda, and Panda having AtE (or whatever it was), that would be helpful. I can't seem to find it.

First one to put themselves firmly in the "I don't know what you are other than an idiot" zone. Claiming mason on N1? Really? Where was the logic? Also seems to have a 50/50 split of helpful posts and annoying as heck posts.
TBH, I'm tired that people keep stating I am an idiot like have you guys not seen my previous games or what? Are y'all not thinking in the long run? I haven't been rude since ness asked us to stop.

I claimed a little earlier than usual because I wanted to confuse mafia about who my partner is. This basically means we should be looking for a person who was online near EON and could've been dumb enough to fall for my partner's claim and voted them off.

@amazonevan19 what do you think about the possibility of one of the kills being done by a vig and maf was somehow blocked

damn I think he’s sleeping

also idk why it says post edit I never edited lol

dan died for this post btw !
Sorry yeah I dipped but we got plenty of day left so I can catch up and answer stuff now.

I strongly doubt that there was a vig shot due to no claim thus far. At this point vig would be dumb to sit on that info since it would help us solve this game faster.

No, I am near certain it was two mafia kills.

Gross defense of Harbour, Evan. Dan was widely townread it didn't matter if he townread Harbour, he was helping the PoE and was very analytical, showing leading power. That's why his death in no way defends Harbour.
I have yet to read your ISO but have generally caught up on the thread and I will say from impressions, it seems you were even nitpickier than I on Harbour, and heavily misconstrued my statement as a defense of her.

"I look forward to this and would you mind explaining why scum Harbour would permit a townie that TR'd them to die? Granted, Daniel's Harbour TR came only minutes before EoD but still."

How the Kentucky fried **** is this a defense? I'm pretty clearly stating that I am open to your case and awaiting it to make a final say, BUT I had a reason to potentially think otherwise. I did not say that I felt Harbour was town, I simply raised the possibility of a problem with the scum Harbour case.

Now I will read the ISO after I address a couple other people

I'm a newbie. That's... very, very obvious.
I was talking in the general sense, tbh. However, you claim I'm an idiot like other people so you are just using other people's talking points without forming your own opinions about me.

I was talking in the general sense, tbh. However, you claim I'm an idiot like other people so you are just using other people's talking points without forming your own opinions about me.
No, I'm forming my own opinion from what I believe to have been a stupid idea to claim mason N1 (I've yet to see this partner claim you speak of) and also from the sheer amount of dumb stuff you do.

No, I'm forming my own opinion from what I believe to have been a stupid idea to claim mason N1 (I've yet to see this partner claim you speak of) and also from the sheer amount of dumb stuff you do.
It's called baiting and confusing mafia, pay attention boi. You aren't the first to call me an idiot and I've stated why my claim wasn't idiotic. However, you just copy the explanation from other people who were calling me an idiot.

My partner will claim when they feel like it, btw. I can't force them to do anything. c:

Unvoted tae because no vig claiming a shot yet but I’m probably still going to vote for them for other reasons later

also dads vote on harbor is terrible Given his iso so im gonna assume he’s scum too

I feel like anyone who claims my baiting is idiotic passed this point are mafia who are still pissed that I tricked them into an inactive lynch.

you know, it kind of surprises me that you didn't go back and take a look at locket's reads on the dead? especially cos you are seemingly the type to put weight into interactions, your post here is evidence of that

that was the first thing i did when i was thinking about locket over when i was writing in reply to geoni.

what do you think of that? do you think locket sr'd daniel (widely TR'd player) as scum knowing that he was dying??

locket null'd everyone else........................ also wow i didn't notice til right now that locket ALSO fos'd emolga, just saw it when i was trying to color code the quote. i thought it was just daniel.

like would locket, as mafia, really make 2/3 of his SR's future-dead town 20 minutes before night ends. LOL it just makes them look awful for no reason, plus typically mafia need to try to lay a basis or an outline for their d2 pushes on n1. locket would be really narrowing down their push potentials and would need to create future content to back up their reads. in which case, as mafia, why even bother typing up a meh-effort post like this

locket's reads @ 1,255 [soz i accidentally broke the quote]
Hey, give me a break. I was looking for a couple pieces of information here only in my analysis and was hashing this out before bed. But y'know what you do have a really good point, what did Locket think of these people?? As you mentioned she slight scum read them both in her last reads post (1255) which is fascinating. She initially townread Daniel and didn't say anything about Emolga in 351

This is deeply unsettling to me as I would have expected a scum to keep their scumleans around for future pushes later, although I figure she might've thought there was no way in hell we'd CFD on Daniel and maybe the maf team overrode any plan to keep Emolga as lynch bait.

Also locket is a *her

I feel like anyone who claims my baiting is idiotic passed this point are mafia who are still pissed that I tricked them into an inactive lynch.
Honestly you may be on to something here because we've long litigated this point and now we need to make due with what we got. Yeah it wasn't necessarily great you claimed but hey, it did probably bait mafia so maybe it'll produce results in the long run?? Either way stop beating up on Antonio guys

I really do think it was stupid. You set up an entire plan based around the pair of you claiming at set times and now you make out that your partner never even agreed to this idea before you did it, which is a dumb move on your behalf.
And who is this inactive lynch you "tricked" us "mafia" into?

I really do think it was stupid. You set up an entire plan based around the pair of you claiming at set times and now youE make out that your partner never even agreed to this idea before you did it, which is a dumb move on your behalf.
Emolga, obviously. Have you not been paying attention? Why would they vote off a well-played player like daniel and then pick emolga out of 18 other people? It was obviously a blue snipe attempt.

Second of all, I asked them to claim during day 2. However, they would rather wait so I'm not pushing it any further. I trust they'll claim when it's the right time.

If anyone asks me about my partner again, I'm gonna assume they are mafia trying to figure it out.

I really do think it was stupid. You set up an entire plan based around the pair of you claiming at set times and now you make out that your partner never even agreed to this idea before you did it, which is a dumb move on your behalf.
Ok I gotta say if you've been paying any sort of attention here that the bluesnipe/inactive/whatever we've all been referring to this whole time is Emolga

Ok I gotta say if you've been paying any sort of attention here that the bluesnipe/inactive/whatever we've all been referring to this whole time is Emolga
Going to place my vote on Locket for now, subject to change. While two of her SRs dying is unsettling I also think that there were probably overriding factors weighing on maf minds to decide to off them both (Daniel being town leaderish, Emolga bluesnipe)

oops didn't mean to quote myself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back