• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have a legit reason for doing that it's not really scummy TBH.
heyden sure as hell didn’t. lmao
Post automatically merged:

and i don’t think f11 really does either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vote Count - 2:1

Tae [2]: shawo, Heyden, f11
PunchyDaHufflepuff [1]: Antonio
Shawo [1]: tae
Harbour [1]: Geoni
Locket [1]: amazonevan19
Not Voting [11]: Trundle, DinoTown, Locket, Oath2Order, PunchyDaHufflepuff, PandaDarling, Sheabae, glow, Mogyay, Harbour, f11

Currently at [2] votes, tae is currently set to be lynched.

You have roughly 30 hours left to lynch someone, day ends at 10:00 PM CDT, April 10th. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. Majority to immediately lynch is 9. Please remember that voting is mandatory.

a heyden or f11 lynch is where i wanna go.

i’d like a shawo lynch but i’m the only one who seems to think he’s ****in crazy & wont sheep him.

Tae what makes you scum read Shawo ? (sorry if I I'm asking you to repeat yourself)

Things of note that happened in the past pages.

DinoTown, I went through your reads list and you didn't out a scumread in your list, just leans/nulls/comments. You said you were willing to vote me but you said you called me an idiot for voting Tae. So am I mafia entirely due to a single read that you disagree with?

Right now I think the sentiment that Geoni is mafia with Tae is a reasonable one. However, I would STILL rather lynch Tae than Geoni for two reasons.

One: I think if Geoni is mafia, Tae is always mafia, but Tae can be mafia w/ Geoni being town. Obviously the inverse is true, so this point is kinda null but...

My read on Tae is a lot stronger. I really feel like if you take away the emotion from Tae's post you're left with not a lot, which imo comes out as mafia panic. In contrast, I'd look at someone like Evan, who also put AtE into their post, but would use it WHILE delivering reads of the sort.

Lastly: I think there's a genuine chance that Geoni is town, and as much fun as lynching Geoni sounds, I think we're at risk to lose a lot by lynching a potential high-effort town player.

Obviously the last point is a bit of a fallacy, since it's ~optimal~ to lynch mafia. But in the case where I'd have to choose between lynching Geoni or lynching Tae, assuming they're both mafia, I'd much rather lynch Tae.

So I guess my question to everyone here would be. "Without the emotion, what has Tae done during this d2."

I'm not buying this "tae is mafia" thing because I think that's just...

I have no clue where it came from. And I'm not sure I buy it now.

I do have to sus Geoni a bit. I realized why exactly I've felt weird and felt like I can coast. And you know why? He's not pushing me. I don't feel stressed, I'm not yelling at anyone. Geoni's been half-assed sussing me all game so far. It's resulted in everyone kind of parrotting the same thing. And usually he's been one of the bigger pushes on me when I don't contribute much.

Yeah, I know this is a weird case. "He doesn't sus you enough therefore he's scum?" The answer is yes. He pushes me to contribute. He knows he can't now because his usual push to get me to contribute or get lynched would result in me flipping green. And it'd look bad for him. Because he's scum.

u might laugh but i genuinely do like the last post from oath lmao

Part of me is conflicted because initially I thought tae's reaction to me/crys/shawo voting them was typical of behaviour (kind of aggressive, OMGUS me and crys)
ur mafia too. lmao.
hammer me i ****ing dare you too.
town cant be this stupid.
i'm 100% town and when i flip green i rly hope you get shot.

this is a xine moment allover again of uncertain people sheeping someone they dont know well. 0/10
its not ATE.
it's 100% genuine what the **** bc i was an easy target leading into this day. but sheep all you want. <3

bc i will flip green. this train thats started is nasty

But whats subtly bleeding out is how much they care about being lynched? Like the paranoia is kinda seeping out masked by the fact that they don't care by posting stuff 'lynch me' and stuff like that.
whats majority needed to hammer?
yikes ok ty. 1/3 of the way there already oof.

IDK my stance on tae right now, I don't want to lynch them, but I'm definitely not opposed either since I can't seem to wrap my head around their behaviour thus far.

I'll read back again but I seriously don't recall anyone defending tae as soon as the ~bandwagon~ started forming.

It is 0 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes, 39 seconds

until Friday, April 10, 2020 at 10:00:00 pm

i would formally like to recommend everyone vote within the next 12 hours or so.

u might laugh but i genuinely do like the last post from oath lmao
Do you think Geoni could be scum

Actually to be fair, tae has 3 main scumreads, me shawo and crys then all 3 of us voted them a few hours later LMAO, I can see why they'd be mad at the time.

Voting someone off based off of tone never makes sense to me. I was cursing my ass off earlier, doesn't mean I'm scum.

I said this last game too when people wanted Ness Lynch because he posted aggressive. Tone don't mean ****.

Anyways, I don't think we should be pushing a Tae Lynch do to a single aggressive post as early as Shawo and heyden did during day one.

Couldn't there have been more scummy people to focus on during the first half of day 1 instead tae?

shouldn't be***

no wait, it's should be. I thought it was a grammar mistake but the don't is already the negative.

Last edited:
i'm conflicted about tae. i'm not denying that they are a strong player and i do believe they're capable of
i literally said in my posts i'm not asking for a trundle lynch. so please explain how i'm sheeping a trundle lynch?
i love that i'm your second biggest read, but you as well end it in a wishy-washy manor when your entire point against me is "oh tae is wishy - washy" but then peg mog and trundle as your big brain scum team when you barely even talked about mog at all?

i'd rather wait than throw out some bull**** half assed read that does nothing but confuse people, ESP when most of my reads are nulls bc only a few people are really getting into things. D1 sucks and its hard to pull reads out of my ass when nothing has happened. you do a really good job at making massive walls of text though while still being wishy-washy so i don't mind being quiet while i re-read things until something "pings" me lmao.

@shawo

please read this post and try to tell me again that "if geoni is mafia then tae is mafia"

THEY. AREN'T. ALIGNED.

there's more too so if you want more let me know

omg hate thiS TEXT EDITOR my first sentence was supposed to be:

i'm conflicted about tae. i'm not denying that they are a strong player and i do believe they're capable of playing really well as mafia but i don't think tae is compatible with geoni as a teammate

i'm 99.99% sure tae is town, sorry but no

which reaction?

i get where you're coming from though because i initially felt that tae was somewhat trying to float around early d1. but tae's recent posts are really good
i feel like tae's frustration is genuine town : ( as someone who is also rly emotional i feel like there's a different tone when it's mafia being pressured
Can we talk about heyden jumping on the tae train btw.
ya I don't think id agree to this... sorry ily Tae
So here is where I am reading this situation right now.

shawo - Town
f11 - Town
Heyden - ???
Geoni - Mafia lean
tae - Mafia

I'm going to be clear. I think tae's frustration is 100% genuine. But I do not think that the frustration means they are town. I have played games where I am being mafia read for little to no reason from my own perspective, and I think it might have been RHOM (or maybe another game?). When I am mafia and I think I'm being sussed out for any good reason, I get really pissed off over it, and that is how I'm pegging tae's frustration right now.

Next, why does tae instantly assume both shawo and f11 are mafia? I believe if tae was town, there is a good chance they could read shawo and f11 as town misreading town. BUT, since tae already put their suspicions on the two, I think tae is essentially forced to deadlock them as mafia. If tae is mafia and flips reads right now, it would be detrimental and incredibly obvious that tae is just trying to avoid being lynched. So channeling the frustration and making it seem as genuine as possible is likely tae's best move in this situation.

I have no idea what Heyden is thinking right now. He voted, but I don't think he gave a clear explanation why unless I missed it while following the thread. I think the vote + saying tae had a good reaction is a little strange, but overall I'm not sure how to read it.

Since I have been "worldbuilding" that Geoni could be mafia, I think it would make sense in this case for Geoni to let tae go down. He's like Dolby. He drives the bus.

So those are my thoughts on the current situation. I would love to blitz right now but I think getting more thoughts in the thread from players who have been lurking is really important otherwise we are not going to be able to distinguish from the inactive town and the lurking mafia in future days.

Everyone proceeded to townread tae EXCEPT trundle who I townread. And I townread shawo and crys I DON'T KNOW.

I honestly think I'm being extremely naive about a few people (Evan, Mogyay Punchy,etc) because my current scumreads just don't formulate a logical explanation.

Why do you think they are not align?
What's your thoughts on Panda?

Everyone proceeded to townread tae EXCEPT trundle who I townread. And I townread shawo and crys I DON'T KNOW.

I honestly think I'm being extremely naive about a few people (Evan, Mogyay Punchy,etc) because my current scumreads just don't formulate a logical explanation.

What's your thoughts on Panda?
I have stated my thoughts on Panda and they have not changed since then.
I think they are town. They state questions that clearly no one has been addressing and they weren't hopping on anything vote trains.

Also, why are you basing your reads on who you town read?

shawo basically said everything I have been thinking about today. Geoni is a higher risk lynch and I am SRing tae over him anyway. I placed my vote on tae because of that. Hopefully the inactives will have more to contribute tomorrow?

What does that post have to do with Geoni?

Also, to reiterate, when I called Tae mafia the first time it was BECAUSE I was looking at the vote analysis Geoni wrote. In my mind it was Geoni's big moment, a high effort post to make up for the fact that he lynched someone who was town. However, the post itself was pretty lackluster/all over the place.

Basically, the way I saw it, was that Geoni!maf only makes sense being mafia with someone like say... Tae or Evan. (Within the Jacob lynch.) A large part of how they played through the night was summarizing with a pretty generous "Yeah I don't think anyone who voted Jacob is mafia... EXCEPT Tae/Evan." It just looked really ingenuine, deflect a lynch off of a partner but leave urself room to say "haha I knew they were mafbut I called them town anyways."

That was a working theory I ran with, and Tae's reaction seemed both over-the-top and was lacking content. Everytime someone says "their anger seems genuine" or "don't read their tone" it doesn't really seem like anyones reading the content of what's being posted. That's inherently the problem I have the most. Maybe ya'll are just a table super weak to AtE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back