• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that post have to do with Geoni?
If you're talking to me, I will bold the part where I was thinking the exact same thing and then you posted it.

Right now I think the sentiment that Geoni is mafia with Tae is a reasonable one. However, I would STILL rather lynch Tae than Geoni for two reasons.

One: I think if Geoni is mafia, Tae is always mafia, but Tae can be mafia w/ Geoni being town. Obviously the inverse is true, so this point is kinda null but...

My read on Tae is a lot stronger. I really feel like if you take away the emotion from Tae's post you're left with not a lot, which imo comes out as mafia panic. In contrast, I'd look at someone like Evan, who also put AtE into their post, but would use it WHILE delivering reads of the sort.

Lastly: I think there's a genuine chance that Geoni is town, and as much fun as lynching Geoni sounds, I think we're at risk to lose a lot by lynching a potential high-effort town player.

Obviously the last point is a bit of a fallacy, since it's ~optimal~ to lynch mafia. But in the case where I'd have to choose between lynching Geoni or lynching Tae, assuming they're both mafia, I'd much rather lynch Tae.

Oh I was directing that towards glow. I'm just worried that we're going to end up with someone randomly getting bw'd into day end.

@shawo so what happens to your idea of me/geoni as maf when i flip town? then what’s your plan? bc i’m flipping green. so i wanna bear your next plan if you’re wrong about me (bc you are) but then what?

@shawo so what happens to your idea of me/geoni as maf when i flip town? then what’s your plan? bc i’m flipping green. so i wanna bear your next plan if you’re wrong about me (bc you are) but then what?
Tae realistically, do you think me/Crys/Shawo are scum together? If not, who do you think could be scum.

I just don't think Crys/shawo are mafia, and I know I'm town, so your thoughts just feel majorly distant from everyone else.

Tae realistically, do you think me/Crys/Shawo are scum together? If not, who do you think could be scum.

I just don't think Crys/shawo are mafia, and I know I'm town, so your thoughts just feel majorly distant from everyone else.

i think out of you three there’s at LEAST one scum. maybe two if i got lucky but there’s no way all three of you are town.

but if my views are so majorly distant than others, don’t you think i wouldn’t really push it? if i was really mafia, you think i’d come out of the blue with my kinda out of box thinking? you think if i was TRULY mafia i’d paint this big of a target on my back? i’m not the strongest player in this game but i’d like to think people wouldn’t believe me to be that ****ing dumb. have you ever known me to do that? other than cult mafia where i HAD to bc i got culted mid way into my first tunnel anyway?

i called tom out for potentially being a nexus during like my second game ever lmao. i’m always going against the grain that’s just how i play. but i backed myself into a corner this game bc i tested the loud ass who everyone’s sheeping anyway, so like what am i supposed to do? i posted my read list and just like you said after i did ALL YALL VOTED ME LESS THAN AN HOUR INTO D2 like yeah man i 100% believe there’s scum hiding in y’all and i won’t back down from that. lynch me if you want bc i’m sure it’s happening but just know i don’t regret my reads & i hope y’all feel stupid when i’m dead.
Post automatically merged:

like, really stupid.

I'm back! Feeling a little better.

I'm trying not to be pissed as I'm reading this **** but it looks like my work reading into Harbour has been successfully disenfranchised by multiple people because people are following a single person calling tae's reaction scummy. Feels blown out of proportion and I don't agree with it being the thing that sells her as scum smh.

I can see now that the scum strategy in this game is to just maintain the distracting bad reads from townies in order to form wagons outside of their team. This is all vague and probably going to piss you all off further but I know how to read a day 2. I'm at a keyboard now so maybe organizing my work and presenting it in a more coherent and to the point matter will help you all? I really don't like that Harbour's presence in this game is just being completely overlooked here and 80% of the discussion today is on tae and myself.

Speaking of pissing people off to the point of them not listening to me, I still think Trundle is town, but he's going to just blindly follow shawo because he's a player he feels is good at the game for one reason or another and will just be shawo's beta dog for the rest of the game.

I have yet to read your ISO but have generally caught up on the thread and I will say from impressions, it seems you were even nitpickier than I on Harbour, and heavily misconstrued my statement as a defense of her.

"I look forward to this and would you mind explaining why scum Harbour would permit a townie that TR'd them to die? Granted, Daniel's Harbour TR came only minutes before EoD but still."

How the Kentucky fried **** is this a defense? I'm pretty clearly stating that I am open to your case and awaiting it to make a final say, BUT I had a reason to potentially think otherwise. I did not say that I felt Harbour was town, I simply raised the possibility of a problem with the scum Harbour case.

Now I will read the ISO after I address a couple other people

Nah I have the right to feel it was a defensive moment Evan. Is it a snap turn on you? Maybe, but it alarms me that you would present the idea that because Harbour townread the two people who died overnight that the mafia team would avoid killing them just because of that, especially Dan who was widely townread and showing that he was constantly developing his PoE and being willing to re-evaluate people. You're waiting for me to case Harbour when there's plenty of points in my ISO to go ahead and develop your opinions on before you say something like this. Raising the possibility of a problem with the scum Harbour case instead of really digging into the meat of someone you don't read as town yet.

I really am going to have to just case it though.

Unvoted tae because no vig claiming a shot yet but I’m probably still going to vote for them for other reasons later

also dads vote on harbor is terrible Given his iso so im gonna assume he’s scum too

What's terrible about the ISO and why does it already make me scum for you?

Last edited:
Hey, give me a break. I was looking for a couple pieces of information here only in my analysis and was hashing this out before bed. But y'know what you do have a really good point, what did Locket think of these people?? As you mentioned she slight scum read them both in her last reads post (1255) which is fascinating. She initially townread Daniel and didn't say anything about Emolga in 351

This is deeply unsettling to me as I would have expected a scum to keep their scumleans around for future pushes later, although I figure she might've thought there was no way in hell we'd CFD on Daniel and maybe the maf team overrode any plan to keep Emolga as lynch bait.

Also locket is a *her

Honestly you may be on to something here because we've long litigated this point and now we need to make due with what we got. Yeah it wasn't necessarily great you claimed but hey, it did probably bait mafia so maybe it'll produce results in the long run?? Either way stop beating up on Antonio guys

What's so fascinating about Locket scumreading both of the deaths in her last reads post, the progression itself?

If it's deeply unsettling you are you saying that in a 'it's making me doubt myself' kind of way or a 'I think it's sketchy of her' kind of way?

You pointed your Dan and Emolga reads out for the subtle credit and to look like you are a towny who was correct and had to be like 'welp where do I go from here?' and you have felt like you townread Emolga really easily from early on.

I still think you held onto your Punchy sus because you are a mafia team member who has a rough schedule for making EoD and had a plan to stick to shawo had he not come in near EoD over really small and uncommitted reasons and when he came in strong you had to fall back on Punchy or take part in those top two wagons.
why would i even do half my reads list and be like 'i'm so lost where do i go' when i haven't finished my other half? i also had other slight townleans, not only daniel and emolga and i said i would work on them but i burnt myself out yesterday. i townread emolga because they were free to express their thoughts and i mentioned before that a complete newbie mafia would want to play more intellectually instead of playing the 'i don't know what i'm doing' game.
you are correct, i have a tough schedule for eod, but i didn't vote shawo because i was scared of him/his strength. shawo barely even came in strong to eod. he just started talking about no lynch and its numbers and that's something i didn't want to do. i found that throughout the thread, punchy was barely helpful, but that was until i was alerted about his playstyle and i've explained this before.
a couple of you fall under "I don't know if you are town or scum, I just know you are an idiot"
but you just said yourself that you probably would've been a mess if you were there for eod/eon too.
it's pretty easy to talk in hindsight.
9. PunchyDaHufflepuff - Rubs me the wrong way, honestly. And not just because they misgendered me. Their posting style with the few lines and not seemingly able to contribute a huge paragraph at any point is very hmm. Also straight up putting Antonio on ignore was pretty dumb. I agree he's annoying but cmon. Defeats the purpose of the game. If someone can tell me that this is in line with their meta I'll probably change my mind but very small scumlean for now.
dino, you and i both have the same read on punchy. however, i revoked my read because evan and geoni both confirmed that this is his normal playstyle, in every single game, regardless of how new or old.
16. glow - Like Sheabae but worse near enough. Worse to the point the lack of content to go off of might make me say small scumlean.
only a minimal amount of their posts haven't been useful, other than that i beg to differ with this read. sheabae has barely been active and has been coming back to the thread with very small posts that don't give off anything very useful. if you actually post filter glow then you can find that they have been contributing a fair bit, and definitely a lot more than what sheabae has done.

Ok I gotta say if you've been paying any sort of attention here that the bluesnipe/inactive/whatever we've all been referring to this whole time is Emolga

Going to place my vote on Locket for now, subject to change. While two of her SRs dying is unsettling I also think that there were probably overriding factors weighing on maf minds to decide to off them both (Daniel being town leaderish, Emolga bluesnipe)

oops didn't mean to quote myself lol

In regards to voting Locket I'm not there yet, she's just lackluster at this point and in contention of my fourth slot with shaebae and would rather solve Harbour or Heyden first. Who are your alternatives if Locket wagon doesn't happen? Because a lot of people are transfixed on tae at the moment.

why would i even do half my reads list and be like 'i'm so lost where do i go' when i haven't finished my other half? i also had other slight townleans, not only daniel and emolga and i said i would work on them but i burnt myself out yesterday. i townread emolga because they were free to express their thoughts and i mentioned before that a complete newbie mafia would want to play more intellectually instead of playing the 'i don't know what i'm doing' game.
you are correct, i have a tough schedule for eod, but i didn't vote shawo because i was scared of him/his strength. shawo barely even came in strong to eod. he just started talking about no lynch and its numbers and that's something i didn't want to do. i found that throughout the thread, punchy was barely helpful, but that was until i was alerted about his playstyle and i've explained this before.

but you just said yourself that you probably would've been a mess if you were there for eod/eon too.
it's pretty easy to talk in hindsight.

dino, you and i both have the same read on punchy. however, i revoked my read because evan and geoni both confirmed that this is his normal playstyle, in every single game, regardless of how new or old.

only a minimal amount of their posts haven't been useful, other than that i beg to differ with this read. sheabae has barely been active and has been coming back to the thread with very small posts that don't give off anything very useful. if you actually post filter glow then you can find that they have been contributing a fair bit, and definitely a lot more than what sheabae has done.

Then why did you choose those two to present as your townleans a few minutes before they flipped while not trying to briefly cover the other townleans?

I thought you didn't vote shawo simply because of the condition you gave him in that you wanted to see more from him, not afraid of his strength, which you wouldn't have known at the time.

I didn't have the time to throw out a full readslist so that's why it was in a tierlist. Not only that but you had 17 minutes left to at least try and write a sentence or two or brief blurb on the other leans.

Yes or perhaps only one kill belongs to mafia >_<

This is a derp.

lets lynch dad

And this is just dumb. Glow liking it is 😔

dad is in mafia with tae and is bringing up a weak case of harbor to save teammates ☺

If I were to make one of those brain power-up memes this would be the quote under the first one where the brain is small and showing very little activity.

omg i rly town read geoni tbh, i think i always town read him.. subconsciously i worry i'm a bit of a sheep lol. i think i see evan being mafia over geoni. punchy's reads seem rly weird to me also idk. also i'm literally popping in to say bye, i started wfh today and having been off for the last 3 weeks has made me exhausted, i will work on a read list by the end of tomorrow but i think i'll probably pass out before it's done tonight, sorry everyone, was rly expecting not to be back working until a bit later

Mog you feel really counter to what everyone else seems to think about my takes here which worries me it's coming from a place of TMI if you just give a take I feel is correct and then disappear for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: tae
Then why did you choose those two to present as your townleans a few minutes before they flipped while not trying to briefly cover the other townleans?
because:
i initally planned to go from top to bottom, but then i decided to do whoever came to mind because time was running out until the phase ended.
Not only that but you had 17 minutes left to at least try and write a sentence or two or brief blurb on the other leans.
by the time i posted that list (i didn't even load up other messages being sent at the time of writing) there was so much going on, the whole cfd and everybody changing their votes. it had alarmed me and i didn't want to commence writing that list because i figured that analyzing people's sudden change of votes afterwards would lead to me reading them different.

a heyden or f11 lynch is where i wanna go.

i’d like a shawo lynch but i’m the only one who seems to think he’s ****in crazy & wont sheep him.

tae I've been misgendering you sorry about that. Also highkey real talk I'm hard defending you because you have Rasher in your sig <3

Can you talk more about Heyden since nobody else seems to want to do that?

because:

by the time i posted that list (i didn't even load up other messages being sent at the time of writing) there was so much going on, the whole cfd and everybody changing their votes. it had alarmed me and i didn't want to commence writing that list because i figured that analyzing people's sudden change of votes afterwards would lead to me reading them different.

I'm talking about EoN Harbor, not EoD. This post gives me a little pause though, not very conscious if you were mafia.

ALSO DAD THE ONLY REAL BOND U AND I HACE IS OUR LOVE OF RASHER ♡

i’m on mobile rn so i apologize about post quality but the fact that heyden been a big ole wolff pop in feel all game + his jump on the 3 man tae vote train out the doors of N1 were nasty. it took him like 17??? something minutes to explain his sudden vote on me. and i doubt its a “reaction test” bc i had already been spicy at that point what more reaction did he really need? lmao

trundles sneaking in vote on me makes me feel icky too. ¯\_(ツ)_/ but i’m certain there’s scum in either f11, heyden, and shawo. even if i’m absolutely dead wrong about my gut feeling about shawo i still think heyden/f11 are scummy.

Tae if you’re mafia I hate you bc I think I’m moving my vote

Geoni how confident are you in your Harbour read?
Also is Panda not a thing anymore zzz

i’m on mobile rn so i apologize about post quality but the fact that heyden been a big ole wolff pop in feel all game + his jump on the 3 man tae vote train out the doors of N1 were nasty. it took him like 17??? something minutes to explain his sudden vote on me. and i doubt its a “reaction test” bc i had already been spicy at that point what more reaction did he really need? lmao

trundles sneaking in vote on me makes me feel icky too. ¯\_(ツ)_/ but i’m certain there’s scum in either f11, heyden, and shawo. even if i’m absolutely dead wrong about my gut feeling about shawo i still think heyden/f11 are scummy.

I think you're just feeling really attacked by shawo and you're wrong about each other. f11 is derping and Heyden I'll go over again but I agree with those points about his D2 here.

ALSO DAD THE ONLY REAL BOND U AND I HACE IS OUR LOVE OF RASHER ♡

EUqh6xiUUAIhDLZ

Reactions: tae
Tae if you’re mafia I hate you bc I think I’m moving my vote

Geoni how confident are you in your Harbour read?
Also is Panda not a thing anymore zzz

You tell me if I seem confident or not. The only first shake of confidence was one small thing, one moment ago. and it's not nearly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back