• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Tarot [DAY 3]

Wait.

Hold up. I'm going through everyones posts now with the filter.
Tardis claimed. How did I miss this? Did anyone else see this & just disregard it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This. Tbh I did see it but I just skimmed it and thought he horrible mistypo'd "townie"

Tardis,
1. what are you claiming, besides being Tower?
2. Why did you claim.

replys:
1. I'm a normal town member
2. everyone was telling their roles so I thought it would be okay with telling what my role is.

Crys is no more confirmed Jester as you are confirmed town or as Ness is confirmed town. Do you believe everything everybody tells you?

I'm not even going to lie, your post was annoying to read because it was inside my post. I didn't want to waste my time arguing with you because Day is over and Ness is dead anyway. I'll humour you I guess so I can show you why your argument is so weak and why you need to reevaluate your reads in the future if you actually are town.

I'm so lost on why you are defending him so greatly- how about this: if he flips town, you can lynch me next (provided I live through the night). THAT is how confident that I am that Ness is mafia.

we still have 24 hoursish till day is over

- - - Post Merge - - -

Crys is no more confirmed Jester as you are confirmed town or as Ness is confirmed town. Do you believe everything everybody tells you?

is this directed at me?

No, Ness certainly is not confirmed town, but everything that Crys has said to this point has indicated that they are a jester, and I will pull up some posts that indicate that she is a jester ("Ness may be town's last blue role"). And to answer your prior question, no I did not get a block notification, but that is because I did not send in an action (you only get a block notification on these forums if you send in an action that would've been successful otherwise).

- - - Post Merge - - -

is this directed at me?
No, that was towards me

No, Ness certainly is not confirmed town, but everything that Crys has said to this point has indicated that they are a jester, and I will pull up some posts that indicate that she is a jester ("Ness may be town's last blue role"). And to answer your prior question, no I did not get a block notification, but that is because I did not send in an action (you only get a block notification on these forums if you send in an action that would've been successful otherwise).

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, that was towards me

this just sounds like you were part of the mafia team, but didn't make the kill, some loophole ish

Also, since kills are factional, and since the mafia's kills are group actions, if Crys is watcher, she wouldn't have been able to watch Ness and see him kill Panda

replys:
2. everyone was telling their roles so I thought it would be okay with telling what my role is.

So you are claiming Tower and a simple townie.

Okay.
I'm not done with this, but good to know that is your claim.

These are posts that a Town-Aligned Watcher wouldn't have to make
or I am pr trying to get attention on my by acting as crazy 3rd party
Also if kills are factional why did I get a report that ness targeted panda?
idk I'm still feeling conflicted on ness, he could be the last blue so I'm still thinking.
to not die n1

Also, since there is factional mafiakills, as I'm saying for the third time, if Crys is legit watcher, they wouldn't have been able to see Ness visit panda if that action was a mafia kill since mafiakills are group actions

1. Are you saying that me and Jacob are both scum here and meant to say "Their" or that "There's obvious scum hiding"?

2. You're cherrypicking here. Crys claimed that their win con was to either be lynched or survive until the end of the game

3. Or he could be town who also wants the vig to keep their shot for the end of the game in order to kill mafia to win.

4.And so has pretty much everyone else in the game. I find it perculiar that you focus on Ness in particular here. I also don't get why stating that he prefers a Cory lynch over lynching me in response to a direct question on the matter means that he's defending me

5.Since you are implying that Ness is scum with me and that Ness is scum with Inkling, that would mean, in this scenario, that I am scum with Inkling. This wouldn't make sense given that I led the wagon that was going on Inkling on day one

6.Both have the potential to be scum, Ness was also the lead voice pressuring Inkling to claim on day one. Would scum do that to their new scum teammate?

7.At this point, Crys is almost confirmed as jester and trying to get Ness lynched with herself. If Ness has a plan here to get Crys lynched right now, he's next on the chopping block if Crys is watcher. Given that kills are factional as well, it is impossible for Crys to have actually seen Ness visit Panda. There is no logical reason for Ness to directly CC Crys here as scum when most of the town thinks that Crys is jester.

8.Or Crys could have also claimed an Major Arcana that she thought was likely to be in the game in order to have two peoples in direct conflict with her instead of one, get lynched, and then win

9.I doubt that he is

1. I meant exactly what I said. That there IS scum hiding in those bandwagons.

2. Really and you believe that a role would be so OP that their only way to lose is to be shot at during night? Do you also believe Ness' Jack claim? Cannot tell if you're gullible town or painfully obvious scum.

3. Or, if, maybe, etc etc. Give me actual logic that Ness seems towny and maybe I would have given a damn about hypothetical situations like that as excuses for his flip floppiness (;

4. He straight up said that you were scummiest then he voted Cory without presenting a logical case, his only reasoning was his voting and leaving. But Cory gave more reason to vote Meow than Ness gave to vote Cory. Why are you so objective to the Ness lynch, when I laid out so many reasons why he's scum? You weren't nearly as vocal about the cop lynch.

5. I didn't mean to imply that inkling was scum, but I can see where you got that. what I AM saying is that he gave inkling the benefit of the doubt about their behavior and claim and did not grant that for someone who was acting by far less scummy, Cory. His reasoning to retract his suspicion of Inkling was VERY weird, it sort of felt like he didn't want to lynch a townie and instead went for bigger fish. He looked into Inklings meta as town and did not look into Corys meta as town or scum or anything. HE HAD NO CASE. He did not give Cory a chance, and basically random lynched him. This type of behavior is not excusable if you are town.

6. Yes everyone has the potential to be scum here. Nice argument. Does that mean anything? No. Do I think Ness' alignment has anything to do with Inklings? Sure, if anything it could indicate that inkling is town since he was pushing them so hard then flipped the moment everyone else started really questioning the bandwagon.

7. There are more than enough reasons to lynch Ness even if we ignore him counterclaiming Crys.

Again, do you believe everything everyone tells you? Crys is as much as confirmed Jester as Ness is confirmed town. There is no confirmed anything so far yet, and the fact that you are saying there is is quite intriguing my friend.

8. Again with the hypothetical situations with little proof or evidence of why that might be the case. And We are lynching Ness, how is Crys winning? When Ness flips mafia, Crys still isn't 100% confirmed anything but will have more credibility. Not sure why you are so dead set against Crys.

About the factional thing, that is confusing to me and I will look into it, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

9. Oh you "doubt it"? So you wrote an entire case refuting mine? Because you simply doubt it, haha no, you seem pretty convinced that Ness is town. But quote me something he said that was town, don't just give me hypothetical situations. Because as I said I'm willing to bet my lynch on D3 that he is not town aligned.

Answer me this: do you genuinely believe in Ness' Jack claim?

- - - Post Merge - - -

replys:

I do not know if you are new here, but literally the only people that were claiming was Crys because they had helpful information at a time where town cannot afford a mislynch, and Ness who was counter claiming Crys.

For the future, do not claim your role unless you're in situation like Crys or Ness' today's or unless you are FORCED to. The fact that you claimed is extremely odd and also suspicious because you seem defensive over nothing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

These are posts that a Town-Aligned Watcher wouldn't have to make

Also, since there is factional mafiakills, as I'm saying for the third time, if Crys is legit watcher, they wouldn't have been able to see Ness visit panda if that action was a mafia kill since mafiakills are group actions

Mk about factional- I can't find anywhere online that says that's how factional kills work. If you can point me in the direction of that then that would help a lot.

I mean what the hell would the point of a watcher be if it did not help find scum??? it would only help find blues if what you are saying is in fact true?

Well, ima just take my previous list and mark tardis from null to Tardis2016.

Also, @toadsworthy:
whoa guys, ish hit the fan while I was at work....

literally everyone has me on their sus list, I don't even know where to start so, does anyone have any questions for me? because I'm clearly inept at just trying to explain myself, nor do I have any clue as to why people think I've acted wrong towards town when I have just been voicing my honest opinions this whole time, even if they were against the grain and offbeat...

1. I felt pressured to unvote inkling at end of day 1, because I was distracted and on mobile, and that pressure didn't even come from ness, but actually from Panda and Alexi, who called me out... but I regret that now, because they are acting way crazy right now
2. I still highly don't trust Crys. They did what they did day 1 so that we would remember that and keep it in the back of our heads for days to come, and avoid lynching them for time to come. Whether that is as a mafia or a townie, idk but if they are a fellow townie it just doesn't feel right to me still.
3. Xine's accusations on Ness are pretty valid, and hence why I changed my vote today to Ness. Ugh I'm clearly not alone on thinking this as almost everyone else can see the truth in their claims, so to say I'm scummy to change my vote here is kinda splitting hairs, because we all had our suspicions and then changed to ness after Xine's post. and on that, Xine came in with a fresh perspective on this, and just gives it another layer of credit for bringing fresh eyes to our problems

- - - Post Merge - - -

they* are acting way crazy
They is referring to Inkling

to the bold: the reason you are still very sus in my list, at least to me, is we are still on day 2. We don't really know (for sure) who mafia is (even though it's obvious). So, you still stick out to me because of my previous reasons, however the whole Ness situation put you below the radar for now.

we still have 24 hoursish till day is over

- - - Post Merge - - -

is this directed at me?

Yes you are right that is my bad, and why I formulated a decent reply to Dolby. I saw the voting thread say that Ness was set to be lynched and looked at the Night post instead of the Day post so I thought it ended today.

No it was to Dolby.

Also I think this is the first time I've seen Dolby try so hard to get a lynch off someone other than him, aka his scum partner.

@Dolby, if you genuinely think Ness is town then it might help to come up with someone else for a lynch. but like you stated here
There are so many people who I feel iffy about that I can't feel comfturble definitively redreading someone when there are 6 other people who I fell could also be scum

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I put Crys as slight scum because I didn't know where I should have put her on the list

It looks like you have none.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually nvm, disregard my "If you think ness is genuinely town" I didnt see this:

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, that was towards me
I'm gonna take a couple more hours to look through everything, but I just noticed that so wanted to correct myself.

Also @ xine in regards to your question, im just gonna quote dolby on factional kills:

If a kill is factional and let's say that a town roleblocker blocked the person who sent it in for example, the kill would still go through. If kills are individual and a town roleblocker blocked a mafia member who sent in the kill, then the kill would not go through. In effect, actions placed upon mafia members who send in kills do not effect mafia kills as it is a group action rather than an individual action.

Yes that is what Dolby believes what factional means, how ever I have not been able to find anywhere on line where it gives that definition for factional. If what he is saying is actually true then it should not be hard to link some thing that says that

Oh! If you don't know the rules then no problem. I will find out the answers anyways. However, I got a few tarot card names while surfing through the internet like- Ten of Cups, King of Swords, Ten of Wands and more from the following site http://instarot.com/en. But I am little bit hesitate how much this will be helpful for me?

Thanks for your time!

...Who are you?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyways, heading to bed. I did want to repost my player list with colors again because I've changed my mind with two players. Tardis because of the random claim which was incredibly scummy, and Dolby since he's been orange/high sus for me but if we really think he is scum and mislynch him - it's all over. We can't afford that atm. Reasoning being that when Dolby is scum he says things such as "I think soandso is scum but I'll post a read later" and never does. He is actually trying in this game, and a lot more active so (this doesn't clear my sus of him, he's just lower than before)..
Xine
Trundle
mother of all llamas
Crys

Heyden
Jacob
taesaek

Dolby
toadsworthy
Tom

Tardis2016
inkling

Ness

I'm pretty sure Tardis is just confused and doesn't really understand the mechanics of this game... Yes, it was out of the blue for them to claim townie (and 'The Tower'???) but I don't think he gets the context of it all. Isn't really set on a vote either and keeps changing it but currently it's placed on Ness so I'm mot concerned about him for now.

@justice, can you explain what a faction kill means in this game? are roles considered pointless in some cases because of it?

I will place my vote on N e s s today.
-Pushed a lynch off Inkling onto Cory, the cop
-Counterclaimed 'The Moon' against Crys as it was probably a safeclaim given to him
-At first was townie but suddenly changed to Jack of all Trades when he realised 'The Moon' is a major arcana in Tarot, his reasoning for claiming townie in the first place sounded pretty fake as well
-His Jack of all trades powers don't make much sense to me, as there are doubles and he used a Jailkeep on Dolby when he could have been of more use like protection a strong town member or inspecting a suspicious person

Overall he's just too flimsy and is trying too hard, I hope you guys are firm on this vote and not change it because another mislynch may result in an automatic town loss forcing us to surrender. I hope you guys see though. I don't see myself as a target for tonight so that's good because you'll need me... I think our choice on tomorrows lynch would all depend on what Ness flips and who dies tonight... Just woke up and I'm a little tired so sorry if I said something misleading.

Yes that is what Dolby believes what factional means, how ever I have not been able to find anywhere on line where it gives that definition for factional. If what he is saying is actually true then it should not be hard to link some thing that says that

Scum chat from the sirens call

The messeges 171-176 deal with the issue of a roleblock blocking a mafia kill. Factional kills were in effect that game. This was from about two years ago. I would have got one from a game with a watcher or quoted from a few of the exchanges from the thread in that game, but I didn't want to search through 2400 posts in the game when I could search through 400 in my teams scum chat. Also, ftr, I do not believe that there has been a watcher on TBT in a game with factional kills. The games that I can think of RN (Harry Potter and Reindeer mafia) both had individual kills

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I think this is the first time I've seen Dolby try so hard to get a lynch off someone other than him, aka his scum partner.

@Dolby, if you genuinely think Ness is town then it might help to come up with someone else for a lynch. but like you stated here
I am pretty uncomfturble with Llamas, Tae, and Trundle. Trundle just swooped into the thread, asked some questions, and left a few questions. Later, he left a vote on Ness with no explanation. Moreover, his posts REALLY seem similar to how he played in Game of Thrones mafia and in Smash mafia. Llamas for just leaving very few posts that seem to give a rundown of events. And Tae for leaving in general short posts with few contributions (this applies to Heyden as well) and misrepresenting the "subtle defense of me" that Ness apparently made in one of his posts. I would elaborate furthur on the Llamas and Trundle reads, but I have to go in 3 minutes

I hope you guys see though. I don't see myself as a target for tonight so that's good because you'll need me... I think our choice on tomorrows lynch would all depend on what Ness flips and who dies tonight... Just woke up and I'm a little tired so sorry if I said something misleading.

you've barely been here this entire game, why would we need you after tomorrow? can you elaborate on this?

Back