• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia XII: Mean Girls (GAME OVER THREE WAY TIE)

Alright, now that the game has started I'm going to do something both rash and potentially rather foolish right away - I'm going to publicly roleclaim in the thread. Naturally, I will also explain my reasoning behind doing such a thing.

So I have been given the role of Miller. What this means, to the newer players, is that I will APPEAR to be evil if a Detective role should inspect me at night, even though I am actually on the town team. I have no special powers otherwise, unfortunately.

The reasons for bringing this forward is quite simple: Purpl has told me in my role PM that when I inspected I will show up as Karen Smith(Mafia Goon) - Which strongly leads me to believe that there is such a role in the game, and this piece of information could potentially be important once the Mafia numbers start to dwindle.

Secondly, there is confirmed cultists in this game, and that means that there is a small chance that there is a Mason leader as well. If there is, by forwarding this, I might be able to be converted and join the Masons. (Depending on how the role would work - Sometimes they can only convert Townies, I think!) - By converting me to the Masons, I could then prove my innocence since scum generally cannot be converted.

And finally, this prevents a detective who might otherwise end up checking me from putting themselves in harms way trying to forward that I came up as a red role in the thread. That's never a safe thing to do.

Now, if you believe my claim to be true or not is up to you - But would a true Mafia player really pull off something this stupid, right as the game has started, on Day 1? I'd like to think not. But wasting inspections on me is obviously pointless. So if you think I'm lying, then it'd be wisest to just get rid of me Day 1, and keep a close eye on who seems to be eager to lynch me. When I die and flip town, those people are likely the people you need to investigate and lynch in the future. Thanks.

TL:DR - I'm a Miller. I'd rather admit it now than be inspected later and have nobody believe me.
(But seriously, don't play Mafia if you can't be bothered reading some text..)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That last line was supposed to say Too Long, Didn't Read. Whatever.
i'm getting some mixed feelings here but i'll see how your
actions line up with your statement later in the game

Considering how it seems to be a strategy that is along the lines of "so crazy it might work"...
One thing is for certain though - If I'd claim I'd be a Miller after a detective had checked me and I'd use that as my defense, then nobody would believe me and take the risk of keeping me around. Simply being honest is the best way for me to not only survive for a little while longer, but also to help Town out with sharing the little bit of information I got along with the role PM.

And this way nobody will waste their time investigating me and whatnot - Either you believe me and keep me alive or you do not and lynch me Day 1, and get it out of the way. Just try to get as much information as possible out of my death in that case. But you know I'm an active player of about medium skill that will always try my best to help my team win, so don't kill me off just to satisfy your curiosity if there is far more suspicious people around by the time the votes start to fall in.

Hey guys let's all pull a Bird Mafia and roleclaim to Sataric

Anyways, yay, Day 1!

I'm much more active than usual, aren't I...

Hmm...

Pre-game bets, anyone?

Okay I'll be serious now.

One thing is for certain though - If I'd claim I'd be a Miller after a detective had checked me and I'd use that as my defense, then nobody would believe me and take the risk of keeping me around. Simply being honest is the best way for me to not only survive for a little while longer, but also to help Town out with sharing the little bit of information I got along with the role PM.

And this way nobody will waste their time investigating me and whatnot - Either you believe me and keep me alive or you do not and lynch me Day 1, and get it out of the way. Just try to get as much information as possible out of my death in that case. But you know I'm an active player of about medium skill that will always try my best to help my team win, so don't kill me off just to satisfy your curiosity if there is far more suspicious people around by the time the votes start to fall in.

I can confirm that Sataric is a Miller if he shows up as Karen Smith, because I'm a miller too and I have the same role details. The name of our role is Junior Plastic (Miller).

Alright, now that the game has started I'm going to do something both rash and potentially rather foolish right away - I'm going to publicly roleclaim in the thread. Naturally, I will also explain my reasoning behind doing such a thing.

So I have been given the role of Miller. What this means, to the newer players, is that I will APPEAR to be evil if a Detective role should inspect me at night, even though I am actually on the town team. I have no special powers otherwise, unfortunately.

The reasons for bringing this forward is quite simple: Purpl has told me in my role PM that when I inspected I will show up as Karen Smith(Mafia Goon) - Which strongly leads me to believe that there is such a role in the game, and this piece of information could potentially be important once the Mafia numbers start to dwindle.

Secondly, there is confirmed cultists in this game, and that means that there is a small chance that there is a Mason leader as well. If there is, by forwarding this, I might be able to be converted and join the Masons. (Depending on how the role would work - Sometimes they can only convert Townies, I think!) - By converting me to the Masons, I could then prove my innocence since scum generally cannot be converted.

And finally, this prevents a detective who might otherwise end up checking me from putting themselves in harms way trying to forward that I came up as a red role in the thread. That's never a safe thing to do.

Now, if you believe my claim to be true or not is up to you - But would a true Mafia player really pull off something this stupid, right as the game has started, on Day 1? I'd like to think not. But wasting inspections on me is obviously pointless. So if you think I'm lying, then it'd be wisest to just get rid of me Day 1, and keep a close eye on who seems to be eager to lynch me. When I die and flip town, those people are likely the people you need to investigate and lynch in the future. Thanks.

TL:DR - I'm a Miller. I'd rather admit it now than be inspected later and have nobody believe me.
(But seriously, don't play Mafia if you can't be bothered reading some text..)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That last line was supposed to say Too Long, Didn't Read. Whatever.
woah big claim.
but I don't really think you're lying, at least not at the moment. It makes sense that you would say something like this now so that there would be no suspicion later. however there is a slim chance that this could be a ruse by the mafia, maybe her coach told her to do something like this? But that is a rather slim chance, considering we don't know the roles and Alice just said that she had the same role.
I'll trust you for now, however I'll be keeping my eye on you just in case. . .

woah big claim.
but I don't really think you're lying, at least not at the moment. It makes sense that you would say something like this now so that there would be no suspicion later. however there is a slim chance that this could be a ruse by the mafia, maybe her coach told her to do something like this? But that is a rather slim chance, considering we don't know the roles and Alice just said that she had the same role.
I'll trust you for now, however I'll be keeping my eye on you just in case. . .

Well, Sataric and I are both sides of the same claim here, so I guess you could lynch one of us if it's really bothering you.

Well, Sataric and I are both sides of the same claim here, so I guess you could lynch one of us if it's really bothering you.

Since both of you guys came out with the same claim I trust you're
town. I feel like since there are 31 participants not everyone could
be janis ian

No, we're not like masons. We're just regular self-aware millers, really. I'm not sure why Purpl gave us both Karen Smith. To see if town likes wasting time?

Oh that's dumb. I thought it'd be like one self-aware miller for each plastic.

Wahhhh i didn't mean to sound rude sorry! ヽ(;▽;)ノ
Its just you can never really trust anyone in mafia

Wait VD isn't playing? Man I got really excited.
I only skimmed the earlier posts, going to fully read up on them now.

Back