• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia XII: Mean Girls (GAME OVER THREE WAY TIE)

I believe Sataric and Alice's claims as Miller.

It wouldn't make much sense for scum to roleclaim as a Miller, in my opinion anyways.

Alright, now that the game has started I'm going to do something both rash and potentially rather foolish right away - I'm going to publicly roleclaim in the thread. Naturally, I will also explain my reasoning behind doing such a thing.

So I have been given the role of Miller. What this means, to the newer players, is that I will APPEAR to be evil if a Detective role should inspect me at night, even though I am actually on the town team. I have no special powers otherwise, unfortunately.

The reasons for bringing this forward is quite simple: Purpl has told me in my role PM that when I inspected I will show up as Karen Smith(Mafia Goon) - Which strongly leads me to believe that there is such a role in the game, and this piece of information could potentially be important once the Mafia numbers start to dwindle.

Secondly, there is confirmed cultists in this game, and that means that there is a small chance that there is a Mason leader as well. If there is, by forwarding this, I might be able to be converted and join the Masons. (Depending on how the role would work - Sometimes they can only convert Townies, I think!) - By converting me to the Masons, I could then prove my innocence since scum generally cannot be converted.

And finally, this prevents a detective who might otherwise end up checking me from putting themselves in harms way trying to forward that I came up as a red role in the thread. That's never a safe thing to do.

Now, if you believe my claim to be true or not is up to you - But would a true Mafia player really pull off something this stupid, right as the game has started, on Day 1? I'd like to think not. But wasting inspections on me is obviously pointless. So if you think I'm lying, then it'd be wisest to just get rid of me Day 1, and keep a close eye on who seems to be eager to lynch me. When I die and flip town, those people are likely the people you need to investigate and lynch in the future. Thanks.

TL:DR - I'm a Miller. I'd rather admit it now than be inspected later and have nobody believe me.
(But seriously, don't play Mafia if you can't be bothered reading some text..)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That last line was supposed to say Too Long, Didn't Read. Whatever.

Along with several other people in the thread, I feel pretty mixed towards the claim.

You do bring up good points though on how your role can help prove your innocence later in game.

But with you and Alice both being Karen Smith, I'm pretty skeptical. My point there is then countered by the fact that we don't know what the roles are, so we have no clue really.

We shall see if this holds true later in the game though.

Sataric explained the Miller role earlier:

So I have been given the role of Miller. What this means, to the newer players, is that I will APPEAR to be evil if a Detective role should inspect me at night, even though I am actually on the town team. I have no special powers otherwise, unfortunately.

What IS the miller anyway?

Ta daaaaa
image.jpg

Well I consider Sataric's and Alice's Miller claims to be interesting because in all games in the past with a closed set-up, when a detective or a Jack of all trades inspects someone, only their alignment is revealed, just thought I'd say that

Well I consider Sataric's and Alice's Miller claims to be interesting because in all games in the past with a closed set-up, when a detective or a Jack of all trades inspects someone, only their alignment is revealed, just thought I'd say that

Oh well, the role pm explicitly states that we will show up as Karen Smith(Mafia Goon), and our actual role name is Junior Plastic(Miller).

Their claims do sound a little fishy revealing your role in the beginning but for now we will just have to wait and see.

Oh well, the role pm explicitly states that we will show up as Karen Smith(Mafia Goon), and our actual role name is Junior Plastic(Miller).

Just want to confirm that this is exactly what my Role PM says as well so it's obvious we got identical PMs, and I am happy that you stepped forward and added that extra part about it being called Junior Plastic (Miller) in this version because that confirms that I can fully trust you.

To everyone who isn't sure of what a Miller is - Yes, they are quite commonly used in Mafia games and in this version they are just like a Townie (that is, they have no special powers at all) with the added NEGATIVE effect of showing up as Mafia if a detective inspects us, meaning that we are most likely the weakest roles in the game. However, now that Alice and I can trust each other, we can definitely put that to good use I think. We can now act almost like Masons and share our suspicions with one another, since we can be more than 99% sure the other person isn't lying.

Their claims do sound a little fishy revealing your role in the beginning but for now we will just have to wait and see.

Why would two mafia potentially out themselves and put themselves on the line like this? Do I have to beg for a lynch so you don't waste time debating over us?

okay yoooo
uhh about alice and sataric - i mean there's a chance they're both goons who are lying to keep each other safe, but i don't think they would do that so early in the game. but idk, scum can do some pretty drastic things sometimes. i guess they're in the middle for me???

i don't think we're gonna do the usual "lynch the inactive" for day 1 are we? judging from the player list most of them seem pretty active and no names come to mind for the usual lynchees. i don't really see distractions either ?? idk

Why would two mafia potentially out themselves and put themselves on the line like this? Do I have to beg for a lynch so you don't waste time debating over us?

Well, the way you can look at is yours is legit and Sataric doing it is "so crazy it just might work". Or it's two scum doing "so crazy it just might work". Furthermore, it could also just be Sataric being real and you bandwagoning on that.

However, via the theory of Occam's Razor, the simplest solution is often the correct one. Simplest solution being, both of you are telling the truth.

I believe the claims coming from Alice and Sataric - just seems like a reckless move for mafia to do. To me it makes sense for the millers to come out right away~ or black roles in general like the CHICKIE

Well, the way you can look at is yours is legit and Sataric doing it is "so crazy it just might work". Or it's two scum doing "so crazy it just might work". Furthermore, it could also just be Sataric being real and you bandwagoning on that.

However, via the theory of Occam's Razor, the simplest solution is often the correct one. Simplest solution being, both of you are telling the truth.

Make sense

You're just being reallllyyyy defensive about it at the moment. Considering you did put the junior plastic (miller) i trust you, and the facts add up because i highly doubt a mafia player would want to draw attention to themselves this early in the game. And considering this game is so big, i would guess there are millers in it. Plus i doubt you two could both guess the exact names of the roles. but telling people
THEN LYNCH ME, WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT, JUST LYNCH ME ALREADY IF YOU SUSPECT ME
Is probably not going to get you onto their side.

Well, if you look at it. I went a bit more indepth with the role name and junk. Sataric agreed. If he's actually Karen Smith(Mafia Goon), and he's claiming Junior Plastic, this would be an incredible coincidence.

Back