• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia III: A Terrible Fate [Game Over/Town Win]

Rest in peace, darlings. :(

Superpenguin said:
Well, my first thought is the Mafia were trying to keep the strong players in the game so they turn on each other and lynch each other themselves as to keep any strong players they have hidden.

well at least the deaths confirms that some strong players are mafia :rolleyes:

Unless there were some successful blue actions last night, I think this is exactly the conclusion the mafia want us to arrive at. If that's true, then I'm wondering how much value there really is in why these three specific players died.

Tom said:
Lunatic said:
Anyone who has infos about the ff feel free to post.
- Stargazer741
- Makkine
- Minties
- Champ
Quote from Waffles with his/her suspicions on others, perhaps she nailed someone in that list.

So, the players we know little about. For convenience, here's a quick summary of how they've played so far:

Stargazer741:
  • didn't vote.
  • hasn't posted despite being online several times (including since Day 2 began).
  • nothing to base play style on.
Makkine:
  • one post since the game began.
  • didn't vote.
  • didn't read properly before making her single post: implied newbie logic.
Minties:
  • two posts since the game began.
  • she was the second person to vote Ashtot for the Day 1 lynch.
  • displays signs of being/becoming a strong player in her second post.
Champ2947:
  • sixteen posts since the game bgan.
  • initially voted for no lynch; final vote was for Lunatic for the Day 1 lynch.
  • somewhat aggressive; newbie logic.

So, the players we know little about. For convenience, here's a quick summary of how they've played so far:

Stargazer741:
  • didn't vote.
  • hasn't posted despite being online several times (including since Day 2 began).
  • nothing to base play style on.
Makkine:
  • one post since the game began.
  • didn't vote.
  • didn't read properly before making her single post: implied newbie logic.
Minties:
  • two posts since the game began.
  • she was the second person to vote Ashtot for the Day 1 lynch.
  • displays signs of being/becoming a strong player in her second post.
Champ2947:
  • sixteen posts since the game bgan.
  • initially voted for no lynch; final vote was for Lunatic for the Day 1 lynch.
  • somewhat aggressive; newbie logic.

Honestly, I voted for Ashtot because he dared us to in IRC (same thing as SP really, acting like a goofball just because). When he roleclaimed townie in less than an hour, I just felt like it was going to be a repeat of what happened in the beginning of Game V where he bandwagoned and distracted everyone with random nonsense posts.

His first Game V post:

Is it just me, or is Superpenguin acting pretty suspicious. His avatar is a chicken, yet his username implies that he likes penguins? I'll let you decide what's really going on here.

If you read the all of his posts, the majority are just trolling "btw guise Trundle is a dwarf lol." I know he's trying to have fun, but it ends up being detrimental to town. Using the "I'm new" excuse would be viable if he actually tried to improve like Beary does. I'm not trying to repeat myself, merely explaining my reasoning for voting out an obvious troll.

I honestly cannot tell if Champ2947 is following the same troll path or is simply a newbie. He's attacking any name that comes up on anyone's list to get a kill. Almost every single post (except for the one that responded to my call out) has been one line of nothing.

I've never played with Makkine or Stargazer, but it does strike me as odd that Stargazer hasn't posted a single thing, not even a post stating the obvious like most people do.

As for the first quote, I can't really see how it's related? Unless I missed something, the three dead people haven't really made a lynch post against someone.

Did you even see Tom's list of who all these people had placed suspicions on? Here it is for you:
Superpenguin - Lunatic/Waffles/Fanous
Champ2947 - Lunatic/Waffles (Stretch)
Farobi - Waffles
Tina? - Fanous

BlueLeaf said:
Unless I'm imagining things, I never actually really used that strategy in MM1. If I did, all I can really say is that either someone is trying to frame me, or it's coincidence.

Yes, you did use this strategy. You figured that since some blue roles were hard to find that they would be hiding in a player who doesn't contact others privately. I highly doubt the mafia in any way tried to frame you as this is the first time we are looking at previous mafia strategies to get information out of the kills.

RIP Townies.

The thing is I'm more intrigued that none of the strong players died. :/

Well, my first thought is the Mafia were trying to keep the strong players in the game so they turn on each other and lynch each other themselves as to keep any strong players they have hidden.

This & this. The faster they take out strong players, the faster their strongest player gets revealed. It's been proven time and time again.

STRONG PLAYERS (OR CONSIDERED)
- Tina
- Justin
- Tom
- Superpenguin
- iLoveYou

One of these names have to be hiding a red role. Most of the "mid tier" players have been knocked out except: BlueLeaf, BellBringerGreen & Dolby.

- - - - -
Since Day One, I have been worried about BlueLeaf.

I'd just like to point out that BlueLeaf is reading the thread a lot more than posting. He's generally reading this thread & then leaving. :L

BlueLeaf what route do you think we should take for Day One lynch? Feel free to suggest any other methods to deal with Day One too. =P

( I love you. <3 )

My biggest issue with BlueLeaf is that he said he'll be inactive due to personal stuff. The last time he said he'll be inactive was in Mini Mafia 1 where he was Mafia .. only his excuse was homework. He seemed pretty excited to join & if we look back at how aggressive he was in Game 4, then there's definitely a notable difference as Superpenguin mentioned, in his pro-Town posts.

I think we all agree that, with a possible exception of Lunatic, none of these dead players were too active in mafia games. In addition, as Tom pointed out, each of these players had voiced suspicions on several players. Well, take a look at quotes from Scum Chat with BlueLeaf as mafia(Mini Mafia I):

BlueLeaf said:
I'm thinking we should kill SuperPenguin and/or someone else that brings someone new to the table. We should kill them, so the person they have been suspecting gets suspected.

The problem here is that this is typical Mafia logic: kill Town A, who is being targeted by Town B to frame Town B. This isn't just typical BlueLeaf Mafia logic.

That being said, this gut feeling would actually persuade me to vote for someone like BlueLeaf to get lynched. The 5 day time limit though. <|3

By the way, did anyone else pick up on FireNinja1 really stepping up this game?

Lurking means viewing the thread without posting, not inactivity.

I don't give a crap to who you're defending. You post that at all when anyone can just take 20 seconds to just type in my username to see what I've posted, that's what matters.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I'd just like to add that if Champ flips red, since he defended me, whose going to be killed the following night/day?

FireNinja1 has to be looked into, somehow. I just don't know which night action (vig, dt) would be best here, if any. :/ This FireNinja1 versus Champ2947, needs to be broken up somehow in the future. One of them could be hiding a red role.

R.I.P. Townies :(

In my perspective, I think they just wanted the stronger players alive and kill off the weaker players just to throw us off. It's just strange to just see three random Townies being killed.

Did you even see Tom's list of who all these people had placed suspicions on? Here it is for you:
Farobi - Waffles
Tina? - Fanous

Actually, I have seen it. This can go for pretty much any scum. In fact, in most of the games, someone always says they have been framed by Mafia, when I wasn't Mafia.

Yes, you did use this strategy. You figured that since some blue roles were hard to find that they would be hiding in a player who doesn't contact others privately. I highly doubt the mafia in any way tried to frame you as this is the first time we are looking at previous mafia strategies to get information out of the kills.
What if they had some other motive for killing them? Maybe they wanted "the stronger players to turn on each other and lynch each other."
If you want to lynch me, then by all means. I was going to be hyperactive or at least active, but things have popped up out of the blue, unlike in MM1 where it was just hw. You guys will be wasting a lynch on me, but at least my role will be confirmed.

RIP Townies.

Looking through the list for possible subjects we have:
Farobi - Waffles
Tina? - Fanous

The thing is I'm more intrigued that none of the strong players died. :/ Either someone was protected or the mafia has decided to roll with a different approach here. If we were to refer back to this list of players I arranged, we lost two good performers and then the still green Fanous. Someone really wants us to lynch Superpenguin unless he's gutsy enough to think we'd overlook it.

Quote from Waffles with his/her suspicions on others, perhaps she nailed someone in that list. That said if a detective inspected SP it'd be great if we could figure out his true role right away instead of having a constant suspicion on him.

You saying I'm not a good performer Tom? Lol jk. Wish I lasted longer. Good luck guys!!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can't wait to read sum chat and see why I died

If you want to lynch me, then by all means. I was going to be hyperactive or at least active, but things have popped up out of the blue, unlike in MM1 where it was just hw. You guys will be wasting a lynch on me, but at least my role will be confirmed.

Omg, can people please stop responding within the quotes? It's annoying to quote and easy to miss what you say when it's in the quote you are responding to. Thank you.

Obviously the mafia probably had the motive to avoid killing storng players to get them to turn on each other. But that should stop them from targeting the blues? Obviously they were probably trying to achieve both goals last night.

Omg, can people please stop responding within the quotes? It's annoying to quote and easy to miss what you say when it's in the quote you are responding to. Thank you.

Obviously the mafia probably had the motive to avoid killing storng players to get them to turn on each other. But that should stop them from targeting the blues? Obviously they were probably trying to achieve both goals last night.

Remember what Tina said: Unless there were successful blue actions, the Mafia wanted us to conclude that they want the stronger players alive. If the Vig /one of the vigs shot someone, they would have claimed by now. The Medic(s) most likely did protect someone, but not someone who was targeted.

Remember what Tina said: Unless there were successful blue actions, the Mafia wanted us to conclude that they want the stronger players alive. If the Vig /one of the vigs shot someone, they would have claimed by now. The Medic(s) most likely did protect someone, but not someone who was targeted.

What does this have to do with anything?

It means Mafia probably wasn't looking for any blue roles that night.

What? *facepalm* No, no it doesn't! How are you even getting that idea, like what? You'd have to be mafia to actually know that they weren't targeting blues, especially since it is always assumed that mafia wants the blues dead the most.

Day ends in 12 hours, FYI.

What? *facepalm* No, no it doesn't! How are you even getting that idea, like what? You'd have to be mafia to actually know that they weren't targeting blues, especially since it is always assumed that mafia wants the blues dead the most.

Day ends in 12 hours, FYI.

Oh, sorry, I must have read the post wrong. If you guys want to lynch me, I honestly have no objections. From your point of view, it really does look like I'm scum. Just watch out for that 5-day time limit.

You saying I'm not a good performer Tom? Lol jk. Wish I lasted longer. Good luck guys!!!!!

Well if the shoe fits.....

JK <3

@SP: Looking at bolded responses in quotes is hard.

So far if I'm reading this correctly, Fireninja1, Blue Leaf, and Champ are our candidates for today? I have to say I'm more willing to kill off FN (sorry mate) or Champ before Leaf but if push comes to shove I am willing to lynch Leaf.

The thing about FireNinja is that he is actively posting. Last game when he was scum, he was so quiet no one knew he was playing. And in Game I where he was also mafia, he was much less active, inactive to the point where he didn't even want to defend himself when he was up for lynch. I don't think FireNinja is a wise lynch candidate for today.

I think Champ or BlueLeaf are better suited.

I'm willing to lynch Champ because I trust BlueLeaf is innocent and while Townies aren't too big of a loss, we've already lost too many, and I don't want to risk our numbers going down rapidly. But if you really want to lynch BlueLeaf, I'm willing to lynch him as well.

We only have 4 more days to take out all of the mafia. This means that we have to take out all 3 mafia in 4 days. This would be unless a vigilante makes a correct decision. Then we would have to get 2 mafia out in 4 days. Either way the odds are not in our favor, so this vote is very important, it even could determine if the mafia wins or not. I am not scum, and if you don't believe me, investigate me tonight.

If you want to know my true alignment, go ahead and lynch me. I really don't want to delay Town by keeping doubt on me. However, I don't want you guys to waste a lynch, either. I know I'm not scum, but if you really want to make sure of my role, by all means. You'll just have to really make sure to lynch Mafia in the next 3 days (not including this one).

Back