• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

First, I'd like to start out by saying that I guess I've only ever seen Cariad
aggressively defending herself, or, rather, I only really remember her doing so.

Chipped-Teacup, what happened between #648 and #865 (post #'s) with Forek's behavior that
got your eyes off of him? The two posts in-between that you made don't suggest anything
about lessening your suspicion, but it just seems like you otherwise randomly changed
your suspicion.

I'm going to save Forek for later or last or maybe I'm not going to read through his
posts because, well, I already read through the rest of the thread and my conclusion is
that he's either Mafia that was trying to raise up a ****storm (and succeeded) or his
Self-Aware Miller claim is actually true. Which has already been said by other players,
I know.

chees4mees, where the heck did Forek make a reasonable claim? Please, point it out, I
probably missed it because I didn't read through all of his posts like I have everyone
else's. To be honest, I have to agree with LaBelleFleur here and one other person who
said it, too: I don't see you as a scummy person as of the moment.
However, where did you
say that you were suspicious of pillow bunny before Post #899?

pillow bunny, there's not much I can say about you that hasn't been said already (I
think), so I'm just going to rehash. Post #199 to #236 sees your opinion on Endless
change from "Endless would be hard to see as Mafia" to "Endless is Mafia."
And then Endless made his case about you and then he turned out Town. And Endless' case
made a lot of sense (I think, maybe I'm skimming and thinking way too quickly
or something). To be honest, I don't know what to think, but I kind of want to drink the
WIFOM* on this one (r.i.p. endless). then again, that movie was atrocious

Ashtot seems like his normal self, or, at least, from what I remember. Except that he
hasn't really pushed for someone really hard yet, which I think we should see soon? Or,
whenever he finds something to push hard for. Who knows, it may be with me...

yay least active player right here

Cory, I'm glad you're holding true to your implied promise in post #435. Instead, others
have risen to take your place as the "cory-poster," although they disguise it with a
little act where they seem helpful or like they are trying to help (you know who you
are). Rather, actually, you still do your old thing, just you have enough seriousness
every once in a while that makes me really happy to see you playing this game seriously,
even if I'm not really a good player and therefore do not have the sovereignty to say
that. It almost makes me wonder if you just wanted to act this way because you're
Mafia and you want to hide behind this, but, what are the chances of that?

Dad and justice took the words I was about to say about Hika out of my mouth, reshaped
them into theirs, and then posted before me with them. ;-; oh wait that was an hour
ago so I guess I just didn't refresh the thread recently

Thank you for saving Trundle's life, Runeraider.

*for those of us that don't know, WIFOM means Wine In Front Of Me. It's a movie ref in
which the principles of the situation seem to happen a lot in Mafia.

@justice's list on nicknames they use

Although it isn't just you who uses it, there is also Niamh for Cariad.

Tina, if a person who is shot is protected by a Bodyguard and a
Doctor, would the Bodyguard still be shot?

I can't find any ideas by myself, that's the problem. I'll read through the whole thread again to try and find clues.

@Blu Rose: WIFOM is one of my least favorite abbreviations because it could mean anything, could you explain the wine for me, at least your interpretation of what it could be regarding pillow?

I'm gonna search what you're talking about with Teacup real quick, and get the tea.

I wished the advanced search listed post numbers. :C

I'm gonna finish looking at the tea after training tonight, unless you wanna explain it for me Blu.

where is everyone :0

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't find any ideas by myself, that's the problem. I'll read through the whole thread again to try and find clues.

surely you must have reads on someone else?

The abbreviation WIFOM, for me, means wine in front of me.

I can't remember the movie title, but in the movie, one person had to choose between a cup of wine that was poisoned and a cup of wine that, theoretically, wasn't. In this, he had to use what he knew about the other person to discern which cup was poisoned, the cup he placed closer to him or closer to himself.
both cups were poisoned smh

But, yeah, for me, basically a fifty/fifty chance.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, teacup isn't still suspicious of me? I need to re-read the thread again.

Teacup does not have suspicions of you, I;m just wondering why she isn't.

And, there wasn't really a change in anything that Forek did between those two posts or no real revelations about Forek, so I'm wondering why her suspicions changed without her mention.

- - - Post Merge - - -

see this is what happens when i type without looking
*I'm

sorry fer colors n such i was lazy ish n i shouldnt have done colours omg

Time for big post xdddddd

Trundle

Trundle was I believe the first one to vote for Tom and is basically confirmed Town anyway. He's playing like he normally does as Town.

LaBelleFleur

As far as I know they haven't posted that much, and if they have, I didn't notice anything important enough to write down here. I'm neutral on them and need to read more into them and see them post more to find anything out.

Tom - Luciano the VVIP (Framer) [LYNCHED DAY 1]

Poor Tommy. xdddd

Dad

Now Dad so far has made some great contributions to the game. He's been trying to steer Town in the right direction, and constantly sharing his reads, thoughts, etc. I know that Dad is a really strong player, so I'm being very wary of him. Although I'm leaning hard towards him being Town, I think it's definitely possible that Dad could be Mafia.

Blu Rose posted earlier a theory about Dad possibly bussing Tom I believe, and in all seriousness, of everyone that voted for Tom, Dad, SP, and justice are the only people that I think would take that kind of a risk, or be capable of actually pulling that off (I would include Trundle in that list but he's confirmed Town).

Endless - Daisy the Bartender (Doctor) [KILLED NIGHT 1]

Endless is confirmed Doctor, but Trundle posted earlier that he can confirm that there are other ways to protect people. I'm not sure if others missed it but I don't remember anyone commenting on it. What exactly did you mean by this DD?

Cariad

I don't know for sure but to me they just seem kinda bored or something. I think they're also in another timezone which might make it challenging.

Superpenguin

He's acting decently normal, and I'm leaning towards him being Town. I find that when he's scum he sometimes tries too hard to be Town and that's what gives him away, although I haven't played many games with him recently so this might have changed.

Karen

For the time being my vote will be going on Karen, for a couple reasons:

The main reasons is that she's pushing for lynches that would be seemingly easy to achieve for Mafia.

If we take a look at who she's been pushing this game we have these players: Forek, cheesman, and Hika.

These players are all new to the game, and have been posting in a fashion which makes it look like they sincerely don't know what they're doing, yet Karen has been pushing for them and accusing them of being Mafia simply because "they copy other people" or "they could still be Mafia" which is technically true, but highly unlikely (for Forek and Chees, Hika I'm neutral on). This raises huge red flags in my head because a common Mafia strategy is to push for lynches on people who suck or are inactive for an easy Town kill. Something else to note is that she was also talking about wanting to have us vote an inactive for today, which doesn't make any sense in my head, there aren't even any inactive players as far as I know.

The second reason is that she felt the need to defend herself in a situation where there she was pressured by nobody but SP, which made her seem quite paranoid. Pretty much all SP said is that he thinks Karen would be a good vote, and Karen in response says that lynching her would be a terrible idea and "I guess I have to save my ass now". There was really no need for this and I don't understand why she would act in this way unless she was feeling desperate or paranoid.

I will give her credit for mentioning that role names shouldn't be taken as an alignment tell, but I'm leaning pretty hard to her being red right now.

Chipped-Teacup

Is new to the game and doesn't really know how everything works, but is at least trying. They seem to be taking a laid back sort of approach in which they scout out how these games work. I can't say for sure that they're Town but I'm leaning towards green.

Forek

Honestly if you don't think Forek is Town I don't know why the heck not. It was evident within the first day that he was Town, seen from the way he's been posting. If you consider that he could just be Mafia being a distraction, I would beg to differ, because why the frig would Tom tell Forek to throw him under the bus? How does that make any sense to you guys?

chees4mees

Another person that I'm quite certain is just bad Town. I could argue that they are Town the same way I argued that Forek is Town. There are obviously differences in the way they play, it's just that chees doesn't really do anything at all, probably due to being new. If they were trying extremely hard and acting like they were actually making good points then I might consider that they're scum, but this isn't the case.

pillow bunny

A couple cases and many comments have been brought up at pillow bunny, but there isn't really much of an argument other than "pillow made a case on endless and endless died", which doesn't make any sense because again, Tom was Mafia, Tom is a strong player, Tom would not tell pillow to make a case on Endless and then kill him immediately after, unless it's some kind of reverse psychology thing (which people have mentioned earlier), but knowing Tom's playstyle as Mafia, it doesn't seem like something that he would risk. I'm also wary because of people bandwagoning on pillow earlier today, there was plenty of time left and the case on pillow wasn't strong at all, which means Mafia could have easily hidden along in that vote.

Ashtot

I'm Town which is why I made myself green.

Blu Rose

Blu Rose has been making really good contributions and posting they're thoughts when they have the time. I'm really impressed with them and I think it's clear that they're in favour of Town (inb4 he is maf).

Cory

Omg Cory posted some good stuff, it makes me feel happy inside, but I definitely can't tell if he's Town or Mafia based solely on what he's done this game. I'm pretty neutral on him right now.

Hika

Copies what others say and posts it, or leaves a general sentence and tells people that they're annoying, but they just admitted that the reason they do this is because they are having a hard time coming up with arguments and thoughts etc. which is understandable. The fact that they admitted that raises green flags for me, but I can't tell for sure.

justice

All their posts are focused on helping Town and trying to steer us in the right direction, I'm quite certain that justice is Town simply based on their behaviour and posts.

Runeraider Rose the Designated Driver (Bodyguard/Mason) [KILLED NIGHT 1]

So Runeraider was Trundle's Mason/Bodyguard which confirms Trundle as Town because as far as I know, we don't have any inactive players (which is amazing and I just realized that, frig this game is good).

I'll be voting for Karen, but I think that pillow bunny is another option. If someone comes up with better evidence towards pillow bunny I would definitely consider it.

Blu I know what it means, I was asking what kind of circular reasoning that you think bunny is using here.

I'm even more tired tonight than last night. Endorphin are nature's anti-depressants but they're not working like usual. Gonna work from my list and add to it what I disagree and agree with in terms of your reads, justice blu and Ashtot (the only people doing a lot of work from what I can see).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Endorphins*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Serotonin*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mi corazoooon*

Im doing some work here dylan ;-; (oh my god forek doing work the world is ending here) But seriously, i am gonna make some reads later on (working on it) so expect some reads later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Excess junk here) Im calling people by their firsts names this game so if you don't mind :)

1) I haven't pushed for Hika lynch. When did I? Link post pls.
2) I may have pushed for Forek a tiny bit on D1 but with his mess-ups it was valid.
3) Yes, I pushed for chees, but so what if she's an easy target? There's valid reasoning and she left a huge redtell behind. Weak targets with reasoning does not automatically mean that I'm scum??? You obviously don't know my play style at all cuz if you reread my scum games (example: your pokemon mafia), I play it super safe and make sure that I'm not going for someone too easy or too hard. And today (D2) I haven't mentioned anything about voting chees at all but I did make a post on SP, which he then immediately went back and accused me.
4) Save my ass perhaps because of my role? You guys are making a big bad mistake, but if my death will help you guys figure out who jumped on my bandwagon and scum hunt (and also maybe listen to my suspicions) vote for me because to be honest I'm not in a good mood rn, totally jet lagged and tired and you guys are going to mess up this game for town by giving all the newbs free passes. It would be better if y'all killed me tmrw. That should be a big enough hint.

gonna post this before my potential death:
suspicions strongly on; SP, reasons stated, and pillow, because of Endless' death and I doubt it was a frame because the remaining stronger players seem to be town, so I reckon the rest of the mafia team are medium-newb; chees, reasons stated
suspicions medium on; justice, bcuz I expected her to jump on (at least jokingly) to the Tom bandwagon D1 but she didn't which makes me think her hesitation is bcuz they're scum buddies and also bcuz she didn't die N1 which is new (last part half jk but k)
suspicion light on; BluRose, bcuz he thinks I'm town and while he's correct, everyone else seems to think I'm scum so the only way he'd know my alignment is if he were scum (read: either he's a complete mafia reading genius or he's false buying yer trust)
people to put pressure on: LaBelle, Hika, Cory, ChippedTeaCup, Cariad bcuz they don't post that much

kbye & voting for SP
gg town

1) I haven't pushed for Hika lynch. When did I? Link post pls.
2) I may have pushed for Forek a tiny bit on D1 but with his mess-ups it was valid.
3) Yes, I pushed for chees, but so what if she's an easy target? There's valid reasoning and she left a huge redtell behind. Weak targets with reasoning does not automatically mean that I'm scum??? You obviously don't know my play style at all cuz if you reread my scum games (example: your pokemon mafia), I play it super safe and make sure that I'm not going for someone too easy or too hard. And today (D2) I haven't mentioned anything about voting chees at all but I did make a post on SP, which he then immediately went back and accused me.
4) Save my ass perhaps because of my role? You guys are making a big bad mistake, but if my death will help you guys figure out who jumped on my bandwagon and scum hunt (and also maybe listen to my suspicions) vote for me because to be honest I'm not in a good mood rn, totally jet lagged and tired and you guys are going to mess up this game for town by giving all the newbs free passes. It would be better if y'all killed me tmrw. That should be a big enough hint.

gonna post this before my potential death:
suspicions strongly on; SP, reasons stated, and pillow, because of Endless' death and I doubt it was a frame because the remaining stronger players seem to be town, so I reckon the rest of the mafia team are medium-newb; chees, reasons stated
suspicions medium on; justice, bcuz I expected her to jump on (at least jokingly) to the Tom bandwagon D1 but she didn't which makes me think her hesitation is bcuz they're scum buddies and also bcuz she didn't die N1 which is new (last part half jk but k)
suspicion light on; BluRose, bcuz he thinks I'm town and while he's correct, everyone else seems to think I'm scum so the only way he'd know my alignment is if he were scum (read: either he's a complete mafia reading genius or he's false buying yer trust)
people to put pressure on: LaBelle, Hika, Cory, ChippedTeaCup, Cariad bcuz they don't post that much

kbye & voting for SP
gg town

Others seem to think your maf from your posts early-late D1 Karen. As much as i would like to lynch you, I wouldn't want to potentially lose another blue role. Yes, i can safely state this considering this is day 2 and night is only gonna come by after the lynch. :) I can safely give a statement that Karen is town. after reading this post. Sure, her reads are bad while she pursues new players, but think about it, would you want to lose another potential blue role? We already lost a BG and a Medic, why lose another one?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Inb4 i get lynched becuz of this post

Actually I'm nobody to talk Forek, I'm tired all the time and I'm playing pokemon instead of helping town. But why would you get lynched for that post?

would you want to lose another potential blue role? We already lost a BG and a Medic, why lose another one?

She just said "It would be very very bad if she gets lynched" like that could mean she's mafia hitman where the last person that votes her dies with her.

Plus, the bodyguard only protected Trundle not any player, so by Rune dying the way he did, he basically used the role the way it was meant to be used: to protect Trundle.

Maybe they think I'm scum buddies with them since i defended them? I don't know.
Posts ended up right i guess?

- - - Post Merge - - -

She just said "It would be very very bad if she gets lynched" like that could mean she's mafia hitman where the last person that votes her dies with her.

Plus, the bodyguard only protected Trundle not any player, so by Rune dying the way he did, he basically used the role the way it was meant to be used: to protect Trundle.
Oh dang i never thought of that, almost forgot role existed lol

You're pushing Karen hard, Nick. Resorting to hitman accusations?

You're pushing Karen hard, Nick. Resorting to hitman accusations?

I don't think he was speaking out of accusation, it was more of clarification because you can't blindly follow "it will be very bad".

I promise nothing of the sort will happen, but I wouldn't mind it if you were the one to die :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now I'm not sure my post was a good idea....

Yes it wasn't a good idea because now you've just shown how easily you're swayed if the scenario was that I was actually mafia

Back