• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

Im honestly stuck right now I'm sorry >.>

Toad doesn't really seem Mafia to me (at least yet), and I don't think him being kinda "emotional" or defensive / whatever means he is.... (I'm both these things but I'm always Town...)
Entropy is someone who I'm unsure about.... She's really active and making a lot of posts but I don't know whether her......not sure how to work it.....um...."zooming in" on certain people is her just trying to figure...things....out....or her just trying an excuse to scum read someone off. I'm more of a Town lean on her though as she is making some valid points.
Somebody mentioned how Fleshy's RPQ (I can't remember what it's actually called, but the question thing) seemed forced, but I don't see that at all. They don't come out as particularly scum to me......I don't know what else to say rip
Sparro...........he's null at the moment. I'm taking that thing in the beginning as him just trying to get the game started - after all, Day 1 is always the slowest (imo at least rip...I'm always stuck with how to start posting and what to say so...)
Everyone else.....UMMMMMM

The reason I went with a Iwaseleanor lynch is because I'd try and help with a....majority lynch?? Is that it?? O-o
Idk I just think getting someone lynched D1 is good; in my past experience, loads of people have said a D1 lynch is important so...I thought I'd at least help someone out and vote the same >.<;; Maybe this is a bad tactic of something, but I really need to vote before I go to bed eee

Also I'm sorry if this makes no sense and I sound stupid lmaoo

Ok.
So the two main points as to why I am currently set to be lynched are
1. 'awkward' phrasing of why I would want to be a role.
2. Inactivity.
I already explained myself briefly for the first point before I quite simply was voicing that I was scum last time and would like to be town this time.
Iwase's reply to "perfer to be town or mafia" felt a little off to me too. "Getting a well roundedexperience" seemed like such a lackluster answer imo. Not to mention if entropy is scum,

So I'm mainly looking at Fleshy rn, but I have an eye on Iwase and Entropy too.

"Not to mention if entropy is scum, She did voice that She thought she was town".
Another part of your argument against me was that I said that Entropy may be town in my RQS? A large amount of people thought that the person above them could be town-that in itself isn't scummy.
but the fact that she answered "fairly active" but has only made one post is the only concrete thing that makes her lynch worthy.
On that end point there. I fully expected to be active. I didn't know how much rl would get in the way, and I can't fix my life around a Mafia game. You didn't back that last bit up at all and it is far from concrete.
Ok finally, Fleshy's argument against me was very weak. They didn't raise any points and almost seemed just to be sheeping.
Really, all of this is not from careful analysis of lots of posts but rather one sentence. It is very little to fuel an argument on.
Note: apologies if some html got screwed up, I wrote this on my phones memo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nightmares is there any other reasons why you voted me? Or purely because you need to vote before sleeping?

- - - Post Merge - - -

At this point it seems I'm almost certainly being lynched but please think through carefully about who you vote for

Okay so if I'm right then green is town, light green is town lean, grey is null, orange is scum-lean and red is scum-lock?
Let's hope
If not somebody correct me

1. Amanda1983: Town-lean. It's only day one and nothing can be so sure but I feel as if Amanda is town. She's asking questions freely, and she isn't hanging around in the shadows.
2. Sparro
3. Iwaseleanor: Two people have voted for El and I think it's for a random majority lynch to get the game moving or something along those lines?
4. Fleshy: I've heard multiple people telling me that my initial thoughts of Fleshy hanging in the shadows is wrong, and that doing just that is his playstyle.
5. Nightmares: Can't put much on you rn, I don't know your playstyle just yet.
I am curious though, in your most recent post you had me as null. You did not give any reasoning towards why I was null other than "He's just trying to get the game going". Do you mean that my posts have come across as suspicious?
6. Menchie: Gonna take you off null and read you as a town lean. Other than a bit of a confusing RQS, you haven't posted anything gravely suspicious.

These reads may seem a little weak but I don't have that much time (Homework then soccer practice) so just bear with me
I can't finish the rest of my reads since rn I'm only left with like an hour and a half to do a ton of homework so when I get back I'll do my best

@fleshy ohh i didn't account for the time zone thing, my bad

i'm torn on u now tbh

so like i'm running off of 4 hrs of sleep and i can follow your train of thought for sure. but the only thing is that i feel like at several points you ignored details which were kinda crucial. (focusing on the PL part more than anything, toads being SE) i just can't tell if you did that on purpose

but if ur town then the scumpool is sparro/eleanor/toads

Yeah honestly the time difference does add that extra bit of confusion (day ends at 3am for me, i think(?)). I wasn't at all trying not to focus on crucial points, it's just that when something stands out to me, or I don't completely understand something (as with the PL thing earlier) I tend to focus on it to get a better understanding, therefore not paying attention to other things that are as you said, pretty crucial. After having time to read over everything that happened today, I can really see that I was hell-bent on the PL thing, which really is redundant, however i seen it as an important point at the time, leading to me focusing on that waay more than I should and skimming over other things, which was not intentional.

///
Ok finally, Fleshy's argument against me was very weak. They didn't raise any points and almost seemed just to be sheeping.

Yes it was weak as I had no "argument" against you? I briefly mentioned that the way you answered one question was weird, I still think it is and you really didn't clear it up here, you would "like" to be town? By that point you already knew your role, so the wording doesn't make sense... I'm not sure if it's, like you said, just awkward wording though, but honestly it seems off.

At this point it seems I'm almost certainly being lynched but please think through carefully about who you vote for

Well you've not shared your reads so, who do you think is worthy of a lynch? (or who are you scumreading?)

@Iwase Don't count yourself out until the end. EOD like a gameshow where you have no clue what's gonna come out of it lmfao

I added that on because at the time I believed entropy could have been scum, and you townreading scum would have made sense if you were scum yourself. As you can see, I dropped that line of reasoning at post #152.

Who are you seeing as town/mafia? Also, answer amanda's question.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Im honestly stuck right now I'm sorry >.>

Toad doesn't really seem Mafia to me (at least yet), and I don't think him being kinda "emotional" or defensive / whatever means he is.... (I'm both these things but I'm always Town...)
Entropy is someone who I'm unsure about.... She's really active and making a lot of posts but I don't know whether her......not sure how to work it.....um...."zooming in" on certain people is her just trying to figure...things....out....or her just trying an excuse to scum read someone off. I'm more of a Town lean on her though as she is making some valid points.
Somebody mentioned how Fleshy's RPQ (I can't remember what it's actually called, but the question thing) seemed forced, but I don't see that at all. They don't come out as particularly scum to me......I don't know what else to say rip
Sparro...........he's null at the moment. I'm taking that thing in the beginning as him just trying to get the game started - after all, Day 1 is always the slowest (imo at least rip...I'm always stuck with how to start posting and what to say so...)
Everyone else.....UMMMMMM

The reason I went with a Iwaseleanor lynch is because I'd try and help with a....majority lynch?? Is that it?? O-o
Idk I just think getting someone lynched D1 is good; in my past experience, loads of people have said a D1 lynch is important so...I thought I'd at least help someone out and vote the same >.<;; Maybe this is a bad tactic of something, but I really need to vote before I go to bed eee

Also I'm sorry if this makes no sense and I sound stupid lmaoo
Are you personally sus of Iwase?

Okay so if I'm right then green is town, light green is town lean, grey is null, orange is scum-lean and red is scum-lock?
Let's hope
If not somebody correct me

1. Amanda1983: Town-lean. It's only day one and nothing can be so sure but I feel as if Amanda is town. She's asking questions freely, and she isn't hanging around in the shadows.
2. Sparro
3. Iwaseleanor: Two people have voted for El and I think it's for a random majority lynch to get the game moving or something along those lines?
4. Fleshy: I've heard multiple people telling me that my initial thoughts of Fleshy hanging in the shadows is wrong, and that doing just that is his playstyle.
5. Nightmares: Can't put much on you rn, I don't know your playstyle just yet.
I am curious though, in your most recent post you had me as null. You did not give any reasoning towards why I was null other than "He's just trying to get the game going". Do you mean that my posts have come across as suspicious?
6. Menchie: Gonna take you off null and read you as a town lean. Other than a bit of a confusing RQS, you haven't posted anything gravely suspicious.

These reads may seem a little weak but I don't have that much time (Homework then soccer practice) so just bear with me
I can't finish the rest of my reads since rn I'm only left with like an hour and a half to do a ton of homework so when I get back I'll do my best
First off, yes, you're correct about the color scheme.

When you get back, I want some elaboration and the last 3 reads. But for now:

Iwase: There's no opinion at all in that post. It just states what you perceive as fact. First off, no. Its due to inactivity, her RQs seeming weird with "Town or scum", and then I added on reluctance to give reads and she used ATE (appeal to emotion).
Second off, if you believed that's the reason she's being lynched, why aren't you fighting it? Basing accusations off of nothing is scummy af.

Fleshy: Again, no opinion at all in that post. But no comment on his interactions over the course of the last 24 hours? And why no comment during the Fleshy pushing?

Nightmares: Where'd she say she was null on you?

Menchie: What's your opinion on post #123? (it's a post of menchie's).

- - - Post Merge - - -

@amanda, I never said fleshy was town to me, I said we shouldn't lynch him based on inactivity and lurking because he has been called out on that in every game I've played with him.

and Menchie's posts seems like a genuine new player response... she literally asked out loud what Mafia Killpower is like. if she was actually scum, she woulda stuck to her QT and asked in that

- - - Post Merge - - -

and I put Fleshy as scum lean after his recent posts because they seem more emotionally charged than what he usually does and different vibes from his usual lax self.
That... didn't really answer my question. First off, I disagree since if Menchie knew more than what she should have known, that would have raised a lot of alarm bells. Secondly, I'm talking about a specific post - #123. I found it suspicious because it was after everyone townread her, and she came in still trying to defend herself.

Your wording is confusing to me - majority makes me think day will end once majority's hit, but you say everyone has to vote, right? Are you mainly sticking to plurality and tacking majority on there at the beginning? Or is this somehow a hybrid of both?

I'd be down with an Iwase lynch. Something does feel off about Fleshy's reply though - I ought to read his previous games and see if this was a thing, but I feel like he repeats the question and repeats his answers a lot.

- - - Post Merge - - -

replies*, as in throughout the day.

Your wording is confusing to me - majority makes me think day will end once majority's hit, but you say everyone has to vote, right? Are you mainly sticking to plurality and tacking majority on there at the beginning? Or is this somehow a hybrid of both?

I'd be down with an Iwase lynch. Something does feel off about Fleshy's reply though - I ought to read his previous games and see if this was a thing, but I feel like he repeats the question and repeats his answers a lot.

- - - Post Merge - - -

replies*, as in throughout the day.

you think eleanor is scummier than fleshy?

you think eleanor is scummier than fleshy?
El's afk - hard to get much conversation going when someone doesn't make reads on others, and my suspicion on them grew as of their last post. At least Fleshy's contributing to discussion.

Wouldn't mind a Fleshy lynch either, though. And I'd really like to see Menchie come back and hear Sparro's reply.

To answer your question... idk. Still trying to gauge my read on El, whereas my view on Fleshy is a little more fleshed out ba dum tss.

- - - Post Merge - - -

rip the joke being in a smaller size

i just feel like eleanor would've stayed to defend herself more as maf if she thought she was for sure being lynched

Okay guys, my morning went by in a humongous rush, which I should have foreseen I'm sorry. I'm in transit and the kiddos are occupied so I've caught up.

I'm not sure what the best ~play~ here is. Unlike the Cult game, we don't need to try to identify the "head" bad guy. I want to wait for El to post her reads and response to my question in post # 163. I'm going to hold off on placing vote for now in hopes for more information. As it stands, I'm thinking my vote is most likely going on El, or Fleshy, depending on what happens in the next little while.

Sorry I can't do more right now, but I think we're getting there. I'm feeling more confident we can work this out.

:)

Arstotzkan said:
That... didn't really answer my question. First off, I disagree since if Menchie knew more than what she should have known, that would have raised a lot of alarm bells. Secondly, I'm talking about a specific post - #123. I found it suspicious because it was after everyone townread her, and she came in still trying to defend herself.

OK I understand what you are saying about her post. Yeah, defending oneself when you aren't in the spotlight is something I did when I was mafia. Where you just like to focus on what people say about you and respond to everything. So she is feeling overly defensive which is strange and the lack of context for her post is weird too. But again, I could foresee it as a genuine new player-like questioning. And me and Entropy right before were talking about the "being funny in game" from the Ladybug game. But the defensiveness is something to note to see if it continues.

How would she have been more like to stay as mafia than as town, though?

well as maf I would feel pressured to try harder for my partner if I thought I was gonna be lynched but she seemed to sort of just accept it towards the end and then left

as maf i wouldn't just leave id keep defending myself

Quick reads list:
Strong Town Leans: Kat, Amanda
Slight Town Leans: Entropy, Menchie
Null: Nightmares, Sparro, Toadsworthy
Slight scum Lean: Fleshy
(Can't use colours on mobile)
For Strong town leans I feel both Kat and Amanda have put effort into this game, nothing seems forced, and both are trying to be helpful for town
Slight Town Leans: For Entropy, I don't want think I 100% agree with her but she seems to be trying to help and weed out scum. Menchie has been relatively quiet but from the way she asked her question about KP and the clueless vibe I'm sort of getting from her I believe she's town.
Null: Nightmares and Sparro need to speak up more. Toads is still a little bit iffy to me, from the way he has been acting, but I don't find him particularly suspicious
Slight scum leans: Fleshy has been acting very defensive this game, and has also apparently frequently been lurking the thread without comment. The behaviour strikes me as odd, but I can't be sure.

k im going w my gut

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eleanor u should vote fleshy

let fate decide

entropy, what made you take your vote off me then put it back?

Anyway, it's 2am and I really need to sleep soon, I'm voting Iwaseleanor as the wording of the RQS answer is just off and today's posts just seem weird in general to me, she left making reads to the last moment despite being online before, her defense was really weak, and i personally don't see that as a town thing,

Quick reads list:
Strong Town Leans: Kat, Amanda
Slight Town Leans: Entropy, Menchie
Null: Nightmares, Sparro, Toadsworthy
Slight scum Lean: Fleshy
(Can't use colours on mobile)
For Strong town leans I feel both Kat and Amanda have put effort into this game, nothing seems forced, and both are trying to be helpful for town
Slight Town Leans: For Entropy, I don't want think I 100% agree with her but she seems to be trying to help and weed out scum. Menchie has been relatively quiet but from the way she asked her question about KP and the clueless vibe I'm sort of getting from her I believe she's town.
Null: Nightmares and Sparro need to speak up more. Toads is still a little bit iffy to me, from the way he has been acting, but I don't find him particularly suspicious
Slight scum leans: Fleshy has been acting very defensive this game, and has also apparently frequently been lurking the thread without comment. The behaviour strikes me as odd, but I can't be sure.

I mean I find it convenient that your only scum lean or indication at all is the one person who has had a vote already and could be the only person to get lynched besides you. We also noted Menchie just now being kinda defensive. I have been defensive probably. Yet we are not scum leans to you. These reads don't change the way I've thought about you, so I feel good keeping my vote. It just seems very opportunistic to come in here and not have any other questioning of literally any one but Fleshy.

Reminder that everyone needs to vote in the next 30 minutes!

Jeez.. damn idk. Wish Ness would answer my question on how he's working lynches.

@Entropy wouldn't you want to defend yourself if you were town too, though?

@El Can you answer amanda's question?

Auuugh, idk. Imma think aloud here pretty soon to try to come up with a final idea of who I want to vote.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, more like 22 minutes but yeah.

Back