• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mini Mafia III: Captain Flint's Gold (Game Over/Town Wins)

Oh well on day one the lynch is always problematic. You just cross your fingers and hope you hit scum. I disagree with Waffles and Village Dweller on whom the detective should inspect. Like Farobi stated the detective needs to inspect suspicious players. Not only are the experienced players more likely to be framed but they are also more likely to be killed by scum first. We have approx. 1 1/2 days left to vote so there's plenty of time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

8floor is also playing Lauren's Portal game. In that game, they did not complain about check in posts and actually contributed to spam. They have a totally different playstyle in this game . I think they have a power role.
In addition I fail to see how 8floor decided Sid2125 was town based solely on a 2 liner of "Should we lynch an inactive or do a no lynch". Just wanting to start some discussion" Sid2125 then disappeared from the thread.
Sorry I just disappeared. I went to bed. But I understand that that post does not confirm I am town. The posts were a lot of just checking in. I was just seeing if I could start some sort of discussion to get us going.

conversation is sure starting up slow in here
i imagine that sid is probably town since mafia or serial killer would not want to put themselves out there as conversation starter on day 1
it is unlikely, imo that they are trying to use reverse psychology

i hope that we start talking about relevant things now :D

yes but this is "newbie" mafia, where i assume most people still need help and are not thinking really really far into things
it is not to say that i am absolutely sure that sid is town, but i find that right now, it is more likely that they are town than scum
Okay, how are you "absolutely" sure Sid is town? I just find it fishy that you're so sure of yourself. And then you also state the whole "reverse psychology" thing, that you or Sid could be using.

---

Hello guys I will try my best to contribute even I have school 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday (GMT 8+).
So let's start with the discussion if we find someone fishy we need to hear his or her explanation if we have no one to vote then we should vote a distraction or inactive so I have suggestions and I hope you guys will share your opinions too

To Detective,
I suggest that you should investigate the following people:
MrKisstoefur, VillageDweller, ITookYourWaffles, Farobi, gnoixaim and LittleBeary

These people (included myself) have played Mafia for more than 5 times so these people have experienced playing the game, I included gnoixiam in the list because his playstyle is great and it seems he is not a newbie to me (I didn't say people in the list are pros) on the other hand even LittleBeary has played a lot of games some of her post are useless and irrelevant. The reason why we join the newbie game because we want to learn more or we are not comfortable playing in main mafia so we join the newbie mafia.

*It's your choice who to investigate so you may or may not follow my suggestion.

Jailor protect the important players.

so that's it. Go on guys we should discuss more.

Awe :'D Thank you for the compliment, LOL. (I'm a girl btw + I'm a total noob at this game, this is only my 3rd one!)

I do suggest the detective to inspect (or at least keep an eye out) for players that are likely to fly under the radar, but it's first day and I'm sure most players will be contributing to avoid suspicion. So, you really just have to go with the flow for now until something sparks your eye :) (c'mon it's day 1, actions can't even be used yet. Lol)

---

This is true. Sid2125's post isn't even brimmed with content for me to believe that he's town right now. He literally posted this one sentence which isn't worth a 'clear' yet in my opinion.

This is the most basic way of starting discussion, even mafia newbies can post something like this. I find the way 8floor pointing out Sid2125 being innocent almost straight-off-the-bat is interesting.

Another thing of note: Chibi.Hoshi was rather inactive in her first game in Newbie Mafia II. I think we could lynch her as a last-resort option if no one else takes the heat.
I remember last time Chibi.Hoshi was "inactive" due to their timezone and I don't think we should vote for them just for that same reason again.

That said, we still don't have any leads of suspicious players. I've seen tinytaylor pop in every now and then, but not really talking. That's all I've got at the moment.
I think I've popped in twice last night without speaking so I could read what's happening. The topic was still on early lynching which I've already commented on so I left. My bad
This is true. Sid2125's post isn't even brimmed with content for me to believe that he's town right now. He literally posted this one sentence which isn't worth a 'clear' yet in my opinion.

This is the most basic way of starting discussion, even mafia newbies can post something like this. I find the way 8floor pointing out Sid2125 being innocent almost straight-off-the-bat is interesting.

Another thing of note: Chibi.Hoshi was rather inactive in her first game in Newbie Mafia II. I think we could lynch her as a last-resort option if no one else takes the heat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops that was two sentences.

I remember last nmm chibi was lynched and if I can recall it was a time zone thing, we have about 8 hours left until it's been a day into d1 so maybe we should chill until around then? Round up the inactives around that time frame, not too early but not too late IMO.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah and cheebs is online right now.

Some other people that have been active elsewhere are chibi.hoshi, in-a-pickle, and littlebeary

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah and mahousojo27 (don't get mad i spelled your name wrong xo)
Again I am here, I just don't say much like I normally do lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I remember last nmm chibi was lynched and if I can recall it was a time zone thing, we have about 8 hours left until it's been a day into d1 so maybe we should chill until around then? Round up the inactives around that time frame, not too early but not too late IMO.
Yeah I live in New Zealand, right now it's 1.22am. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmm I only have one question, the role pms were dispersed about 16 hours ago and you're in the top posters (which I believe resets in est? check me if I'm wrong) anyway you're top poster and you're just checking in now, why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually I retract that as a question and leave it as a statement, something to look at.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Then don't make it the "norm" to not post/say much :)
What do you think of everything so far?
What should the Day 1 plan be?
Lynch? No lynch?
Who should we look out for?

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it would be nice for the other one-liner posters to answer the questions a well ~

I'm normally a quiet person so I don't post much, but I was there as much as I could and was looking very forward to the game. I'll try and post more unlike last time. My apologies.

I'm sure chibi will post more though
If she wants to play why make the same mistake again ?
I want to play omg. XD

I remember last time Chibi.Hoshi was "inactive" due to their timezone and I don't think we should vote for them just for that same reason again.
Please don't lol, not again. XDD

hmm I only have one question, the role pms were dispersed about 16 hours ago and you're in the top posters (which I believe resets in est? check me if I'm wrong) anyway you're top poster and you're just checking in now, why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually I retract that as a question and leave it as a statement, something to look at.
Eh, I check in here every few hours. What's wrong with that?

I understand what you mean by that, so I'll skip by you for now Chibi!

- - - Post Merge - - -

But it'll be nice to hear your opinions and whatnot.

Then don't make it the "norm" to not post/say much :)
What do you think of everything so far?
What should the Day 1 plan be?
Lynch? No lynch?
Who should we look out for?

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it would be nice for the other one-liner posters to answer the questions a well ~
Well no I haven't decided so far who, and I am not pointing the finger yet unless I am sure. However 8floor does seem eager to play lol.

heads up I have practice from 1-5 est so if I'm inactive now you know why, maybe I should just give my schedule..

It's early days, so yeah. No one has caught my attention much besides 8floor for now.

I might be heading off to bed, its almost 2am. I'll be back likely at 10am for me, 3pm pst.

Okay, how are you "absolutely" sure Sid is town? I just find it fishy that you're so sure of yourself. And then you also state the whole "reverse psychology" thing, that you or Sid could be using.

hi please read a little more carefully <3
i said that it is NOT to say that i am absolutely sure. meaning that it is not a sure thing.

but having observed sid's play, i do not think that sid would start conversation the way that they did if they were scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but i will try to word things a little less obtusely so less error is made in interpretation

hi please read a little more carefully <3
i said that it is NOT to say that i am absolutely sure. meaning that it is not a sure thing.

but having observed sid's play, i do not think that sid would start conversation the way that they did if they were scum.

It was just a throwaway line ..the equivalent of checking in. That's all Sid's line was. . At this point, an inactive will be probably be lynched but if I put you up for lynching how are you going to defend yourself?

- - - Post Merge - - -

8floor I've seen your playstyle in several Mafia games.. I'm telling you now that I'm putting you up for lynch so defend yourself.

It was just a throwaway line ..the equivalent of checking in. That's all Sid's line was. . At this point, an inactive will be probably be lynched but if I put you up for lynching how are you going to defend yourself?
For this reason, I find it a bit odd that 8floor mentioned "reverse psychology". At this point I don't think there's a well enough reason to lynch them, but I'd like to hear how they'll defend them self, as well, if no other candidates come up.

it might not have meant much, yeah, but it was not the equivalent of checking in. by asking what we would be doing for the game, sid was telling us to get to playing rather than posting useless junk. as for my activity in portal, that is because that game started at night and no one wants to drag attention to themselves yet.

alright. defense.

if i were scum, why would i put myself into the spotlight so drastically, knowing that it would make me immediately look suspicious. as scum, i would be better off just sitting to the wayside and waiting, as i have done in other games, because if i just "checked in" i would be under less suspicion than i am now. if i put myself in the spotlight, i would be hurting my whole scum team if i were lynched.

also, i do not understand how it would be scummy to say "x player is probably town" as opposed to saying "y player is probably scum"
in a game with no pm, i think we need to put our suspicions on the table, be it whether we think people are town or scum. we need to be more open, yet less open at the same time.

(in other news, since you guys seem to read so hard into other games, i am trying to change my playstyle so i do not dig myself into the hole of looking perpetually scummy and getting lynched day 1 all the time :p )

- - - Post Merge - - -

berrypop
puppy
mahoushoujo27
mrkisstoufur
in-a-pickle
honeyprince
littlebeary

listed people have not posted anything of substance so far.
come on down, say something other than "checking in"

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i will be gone until 8pm pst (estimate)

it might not have meant much, yeah, but it was not the equivalent of checking in. by asking what we would be doing for the game, sid was telling us to get to playing rather than posting useless junk. as for my activity in portal, that is because that game started at night and no one wants to drag attention to themselves yet.

alright. defense.

if i were scum, why would i put myself into the spotlight so drastically, knowing that it would make me immediately look suspicious. as scum, i would be better off just sitting to the wayside and waiting, as i have done in other games, because if i just "checked in" i would be under less suspicion than i am now. if i put myself in the spotlight, i would be hurting my whole scum team if i were lynched.

also, i do not understand how it would be scummy to say "x player is probably town" as opposed to saying "y player is probably scum"
in a game with no pm, i think we need to put our suspicions on the table, be it whether we think people are town or scum. we need to be more open, yet less open at the same time.

(in other news, since you guys seem to read so hard into other games, i am trying to change my playstyle so i do not dig myself into the hole of looking perpetually scummy and getting lynched day 1 all the time :p )

- - - Post Merge - - -

berrypop
puppy
mahoushoujo27
mrkisstoufur
in-a-pickle
honeyprince
littlebeary

listed people have not posted anything of substance so far.
come on down, say something other than "checking in"

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i will be gone until 8pm pst (estimate)

Sorry I haven't been posting. I'm not feeling very well, so my brain doesn't have the energy to think too hard about mafia.

alright. defense.

Yet you were the player that kept talking about how important it was to keep a consistent play style ... In Feloreena's game you certainly didn't put yourself in the spotlight and according to your new found logic only a townie would put themselves in the spotlight. Yet lo and behold you were a green townie in that game. So you basically just tightened the noose around your neck.

Back