• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
Say.. I’ve always wondered. Why is it called TBT and not BTB (Bell Tree Bells)?
honestly my guess is because tbt is short for "the bell tree" and I guess people liked that more. I do know from awhile back some people did use btb but it never stuck

I would edit the following statement in your original post.

"I think it's safe to say the demand of NMT is pretty high right now, making it worth more".

The complete opposite right now considering NMT is only valued at 1 TBT per NMT.

I also see the rate of IGB for TBT is trending

About 2 - 4 weeks ago IGB for TBT conversions were anywhere from 1 million to 1.2 million IGB per 100 TBT (1 TBT for 10,000 to 12,000 Bells)

Now I am noticing IGB for TBT conversions at 2 Million IGB per 100 TBT. (1 TBT for 20,000 Bells)

Almost a 100% increase in IGB for TBT

Gives the impression IGB is more valuable, but I think the opposite is really true. People are placing more value in TBT and willing to take a bigger hit in IGB for various reasons. Either they have a lot of IGB and/or (In game) purchases is not IGB expensive after House upgrades unless you are constantly building/demolishing bridges and inclines.

I would edit the following statement in your original post.

"I think it's safe to say the demand of NMT is pretty high right now, making it worth more".

The complete opposite right now considering NMT is only valued at 1 TBT per NMT.

I also see the rate of IGB for TBT is trending

About 2 - 4 weeks ago IGB for TBT conversions were anywhere from 1 million to 1.2 million IGB per 100 TBT (1 TBT for 10,000 to 12,000 Bells)

Now I am noticing IGB for TBT conversions at 2 Million IGB per 100 TBT. (1 TBT for 20,000 Bells)

Almost a 100% increase in IGB for TBT

Gives the impression IGB is more valuable, but I think the opposite is really true. People are placing more value in TBT and willing to take a bigger hit in IGB for various reasons. Either they have a lot of IGB and/or (In game) purchases is not IGB expensive after House upgrades unless you are constantly building/demolishing bridges and inclines.
yeah sorry I forget that there's more in my original post than just the rates themselves sometimes lmao thank you

Hey there! Do you keep track of what you change? Noticed that the prices changed today and was wondering if you make a post when you update or something

Hey there! Do you keep track of what you change? Noticed that the prices changed today and was wondering if you make a post when you update or something
I try to post every time I make an edit, as well as I have a "last edited" note in the original post that I change for every time I update. I could start adding more to it though and keep a list of every update in the original post as well if that helps!

Reactions: Hay
I try to post every time I make an edit, as well as I have a "last edited" note in the original post that I change for every time I update. I could start adding more to it though and keep a list of every update in the original post as well if that helps!
Ah sorry I never replied! I must have missed it, thank you!

Ah sorry I never replied! I must have missed it, thank you!
it's okay! I try to make these as understandable as possible so I appreciate you posting in the first place!

• Love
Reactions: Hay
Could I share my thoughts? I get kind of mixed up at math so let me know if I'm mistaken about anything. 1 NMT = 1 TBT = 20k IGB is not reflective of current NMT to IGB rates. I know it might seem that way because that's the equivalent for the IGB to TBT rate (100TBT to 2Mil IGB, which is decently fair imo) but everywhere else on the internet NMT go for at least 100k IGB with the high end being 200k and the average being closer to like 125k. That's quite far off from 20k IGB. That's why I think that there's not really a good congruent equivalency here between all currency and probably the rate for NMT to IGB should be listed separately from IGB to TBT instead of NMT = TBT = IGB. I think this is because of the specific situation on TBT where NMT is practically dirt at this point due to all the undercutting from sellers it's not really its true value anymore. TBT is just so much more desired, there's not as big of a market for NMT or maybe even IGB at this point. Historically, I think the TBT to IGB rate was closer to 1mil IGB = 100TBT so that might have been warped by the whole undercutting thing but not enough that I really care and also not that it could be proven because TBT only exists on The Bell Tree lol. This is all talking from my experience trading here and elsewhere and I'm just one person so don't feel like you gotta change anything. Just giving my two cents because I feel like most people look to this guide for pricing help.

Could I share my thoughts? I get kind of mixed up at math so let me know if I'm mistaken about anything. 1 NMT = 1 TBT = 20k IGB is not reflective of current NMT to IGB rates. I know it might seem that way because that's the equivalent for the IGB to TBT rate (100TBT to 2Mil IGB, which is decently fair imo) but everywhere else on the internet NMT go for at least 100k IGB with the high end being 200k and the average being closer to like 125k. That's quite far off from 20k IGB. That's why I think that there's not really a good congruent equivalency here between all currency and probably the rate for NMT to IGB should be listed separately from IGB to TBT instead of NMT = TBT = IGB. I think this is because of the specific situation on TBT where NMT is practically dirt at this point due to all the undercutting from sellers it's not really its true value anymore. TBT is just so much more desired, there's not as big of a market for NMT or maybe even IGB at this point. Historically, I think the TBT to IGB rate was closer to 1mil IGB = 100TBT so that might have been warped by the whole undercutting thing but not enough that I really care and also not that it could be proven because TBT only exists on The Bell Tree lol. This is all talking from my experience trading here and elsewhere and I'm just one person so don't feel like you gotta change anything. Just giving my two cents because I feel like most people look to this guide for pricing help.
this helps a lot and I really do appreciate your input. I'll look more into it tomorrow, as it's currently 1:30am and my brain is fried. but yes thank you for adding your thoughts! even if you are "just one person" it helps grow understanding across the board. this thread is bound by everyone's collective opinions and the more feedback I get, the closer we are to having everyone on the same page so thank you again, this is very valid

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it would help a lot of people now that tbt is back up and running.

Disclaimer: values change. this is what I gathered from researching and doing a bunch of math, but it is subject to change. as well as values could be different per person.

So I was thinking, what is one NMT worth in TBT? Well, here are the conversions I found, along with the help of other users:

1 tbt = 20k igb
100 tbt = 2mil igb
1 nmt = 1 tbt
100 nmt = 100 tbt

I think it's safe to say the demand of NMT is exponentially lowering right now, making it worth less (especially with the growth of duping)

So what are the most common conversions for ACNH right now?
1 NMT = 1 TBT = 20k IGB
5 NMT = 5 TBT = 100k IGB
100 NMT = 100 TBT = 2mil IGB

The rates are all over the place right now, so it really comes down to the trader themselves. I just hope this helps give a bit of structure so the whole site can be on the same page (or at least in the same book lmao)

Take this how you will. These are not 100%, since all trades are different, and things change over time. But, I thought it'd be helpful as tbt is finally unfrozen and we can start trading them again. Please correct me if my math is wrong. I'm insecure and don't want people yelling at me lmao. In the end, the fairness is all determined by the people within the trade.

Some helpful links:
Villager Tier List
Collectible Tier List

Happy trading!

Latest edit: May 26th 2020
Thank you so much for this! As somebody who is relatively new to this form I find myself genuinely confused about what the conversions are and how much I should be offering/asking for things so this is really good to know

Thank you so much for this! As somebody who is relatively new to this form I find myself genuinely confused about what the conversions are and how much I should be offering/asking for things so this is really good to know
of course! I'm happy I can help :)

Back