• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
not many changes recently as what I can see

Not many updates recently, I think things have slowed down a bit

Hi, I was told this:
"1 tbt is about 100k because it has the same value as a nmt"
Is this accurate and a fair pricing? Ah and also, bump!

Hi, I was told this:
Definitely not, i'd say the price in the thread of 1 TBT = 20k is still fair. You can see that most of the threads selling IGB in nook's cranny seem to still be using this conversion as well.

Definitely not, i'd say the price in the thread of 1 TBT = 20k is still fair. You can see that most of the threads selling IGB in nook's cranny seem to still be using this conversion as well.
I'm really happy I checked first, thank you so much!

Hi, I was told this:
I see this has already been answered, however it's more than just that pricing! Demand also comes into play as well :)

Has anyone noticed any changes? I haven't

I feel like the IGB prices should be moved down quite a bit. I know a shop that sells 1mill for 10 TBT consistently, and even the more expensive ones that i've seen tend to sell 1mill for around 30 TBT or under. I feel like it's also used a lot less for trades nowadays, so demand is probably a lot lower too.

I feel like the IGB prices should be moved down quite a bit. I know a shop that sells 1mill for 10 TBT consistently, and even the more expensive ones that i've seen tend to sell 1mill for around 30 TBT or under. I feel like it's also used a lot less for trades nowadays, so demand is probably a lot lower too.
thank you!
Post automatically merged:

it's been updated, please correct me if my math is wrong!

Last edited:
Any idea what the general conversion is nowadays anyone??
Well, not many people are selling IGB anymore, so I’m not sure about that one. In fact, pretty sure there’s an active thread for a island dump covered in 99k Bell bags.

As for NMT, the lowest rate in the Nooks Cranny thread as of today is 8 TBT per 100 NMT. Using this math, that’s about 1.2m IGB per 12.5NMT/1TBT or 120k IGB per 1 NMT, although I’m pretty sure it’s realistically lower considering IGB is really easy to earn by finding good turnip prices and doing a bit of time traveling.

TLDR:
As of 11/9/21:
100 NMT = 8 TBT
1 TBT = 12.5 NMT
1 NMT = 120k IGB
1.2M IGB = 1 TBT

They’ve definitely plummeted as the game has gotten older. It used to be that 1M bells would be like 30TBT.

I feel like IGB selling may make a comeback now with the new ABD item. You can use the ABD in another person's town which makes it very easy to drop more than 4mil bells now without having to fly back and forth.

But is it worthwhile to spend that time to get like 10 tbt? the hustle is intense for tbt.

Last edited:
Back