• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
I bet they will go up in like a week or less, this is like the real life equivalent of a stock market crash
lmao for sure, we made nmts basically worthless in relation to tbt so fast. but you’re right it’ll probably be back to a baseline pretty soon

sooo anyone have any idea how much tbt people will pay per nmt now? I definitely do not want to hold onto them lol, it's making me anxious

edit: oh crap hope you don't mind me bumping your post up, man. I just didn't really wanna make a new thread lol

sooo anyone have any idea how much tbt people will pay per nmt now? I definitely do not want to hold onto them lol, it's making me anxious

edit: oh crap hope you don't mind me bumping your post up, man. I just didn't really wanna make a new thread lol

I think there's just not a huge demand for NMTs. I have a thread up selling bulk nmts for dirt cheap and no one wants it. However, people are very willing to spend TBT for rare diys, gulliver items, and rare materials.

I like to keep this as updated as possible so yes thank you for bumping it up :)

it's so confusing rn ngl

however I did edit the rates according to what trades I've seen
Idk I think the only thing that's out of wack right now is the NMT : TBT ratio. Everything else feels pretty stable for now. I don't know what's driving the NMT price so low, but it's probably (probably) temporary.

Idk I think the only thing that's out of wack right now is the NMT : TBT ratio. Everything else feels pretty stable for now. I don't know what's driving the NMT price so low, but it's probably (probably) temporary.
the IGB to TBT is pretty stable, it's just the nmt demand making things difficult. But you're probably right, if you think about the NMTs like turnip prices, it'll keep jumping high and low as time goes on (not as frequent but still)

Most people have the villagers they want so I imagine demand is getting lower due to that. Also people are duping them.

In light of the recent duplication glitch that makes NMT possible to duplicate, I think NMT should be equivalent or less valuable than a single TBT now until this glitch has been patched (& it may possibly stay that way if enough of these get “printed”). This is why no one wants them because they no longer have the appeal of being a more stable currency vs. IGB. At the current moment, TBT is the only truly stable currency for trading for in-game and out of game (like collectibles) purchases.

Geez. These prices have changed dramatically even from a week ago.

In light of the recent duplication glitch that makes NMT possible to duplicate, I think NMT should be equivalent or less valuable than a single TBT now until this glitch has been patched (& it may possibly stay that way if enough of these get “printed”). This is why no one wants them because they no longer have the appeal of being a more stable currency vs. IGB. At the current moment, TBT is the only truly stable currency for trading for in-game and out of game (like collectibles) purchases.

I imagine some people still like them for trading elsewhere reasons, since obviously TBT only matters on this site. The one advantage of NMTs as a currency was it made trading elsewhere easier. It's easier to drop NMTs than it is to drop millions of IGB.

Other than the great community, that's another reason I like trading here on Bell Tree - TBTs make it easier to do trades when one of the parties doesn't have a direct trade item that they want.

why so expensive? in game nmt sells for 10k bells, i figured it'd at least be 50k
what do you mean?

--

I might lower the rates today or tomorrow depending on everyone's opinions

what do you mean?

--

I might lower the rates today or tomorrow depending on everyone's opinions
im still relatively new to this, but u feel like the amounts just arent possible for many people (like one million bells). i always figured exchange rates would be like 50-100k

Back