• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBTers Favourite Tea

TBTers Favourite Tea

• Total voters
I'm a big fan of black iced tea, I make a gallon every few days (I dump it out if it starts to ferment, fermented tea is bleugh) and my whole family loves it. I have some friends at college who love tea so I let them try it once. The one who is a fanatic really appreciated it since it's basically like "authentic" southern sweet tea, so if you don't like sugar in your tea then it's def not for you lol :p but the others don't drink their tea that sweet (or even sweetened at all) so they didn't like it as much.

1. What is your favourite tea that you will always go to?
2. What is your least-favourite tea that you will avoid?
3. Do you drink your tea with milk or cream?
4. Do you prefer whole tea leaves or tea bags?
5. Have you ever given tea as a gift?
1. Definitely iced, black, sweet tea. I also like chai and hot cinnamon spice if it's brewed hot with some honey in it but that's actually about it for me.

2. There are quite a few that I don't like, though unsurprisingly since I'm such a picky eater. I think the worst tea I ever tried was one that smelled like I was sticking my nose in a sap-leaking pine tree lmao.

3. Nope. Just sweetened with sugar or honey :)

4. I use tea bags to brew tea. My friends prefer that way too, since the tea they often buy is an assortment of crushed leaves and other things such as flower petals and seeds.

5. I haven't but I have definitely gotten it as a gift. Like I said I have a friend's who absolutely LOVES tea (she gets hers from Harney & Sons) and she gives it as a gift to all her friends.

I actually happen to be drinking tea right now! It's v good :D

Count another for Earl Grey here! I also like general black tea, and green tea. I drink mine straight and very strong -- three bags at a time. Makes for great astringency. I also almost always drink tea warm, not cold.

It's so cool to see everyone's picks!! I'm trying to make more time for tea these days; it makes me so happy!
Earl Gray!! I'm drinking some by my computer right now. English Breakfast is my other fave, but my school always stocked Earl Gray so I've switched to that recently (although I'm home now due to COVID.) Sweet iced tea is also excellent–we keep that stocked by the gallon. 🤣
Lipton hot tea. I know lots of folks love it, but I truly can't stand it.
Nope! Tons and tons of sugar, though. I should try to cut back but it's SO good.
Tea bags for me! I'm usually in a hurry or on-the-go, and it's just so much more convenient.
Yes! I gave some to a friend for her birthday last winter–she's a much more adventurous tea-drinker than I am, so a sampler pack was a great pick.

Chai is usually my go to! Definitely my favorite. But I also love other black teas, as well as oolong. I'm not a huge fan of white tea but I've never had fermented tea, which doesn't sound super appealing to me haha but to each their own! I usually drink mine with milk and honey, or occasionally cream depending on the tea. I personally prefer loose leaves but I'll drink either! I occasionally give tea as a gift to other tea lovers, usually accompanied by a mug. 😊

green! matcha is also good.

i dont really drink tea often but when i do i prefer either of those

Echinacea tea is my go-to, as well as Jasmine tea. I try not to drink them that often because of their possible side effects plus nothing in excess is good for you.
Anise and clove tea... I can somewhat handle homemade Thai Iced tea because the cardamom covers the anise and clove flavors.
When I do, it's usually oat milk, sometimes coconut milk for flavor or soy milk for creaminess
Tea bags 'cause I'm broke .-.
Kinda, it was part of one of those glass tea infusers

~From the items I picked I have a few favorites from each one~
  • Fermented Tea or Dark Tea (Pu'Er, Tteokcha, Goishicha, etc.)
    Technically, Kombucha. At one point in my life, I got really good at making it. The SCOBY was so healthy!

• Flavoured Tea (Fruits, Chocolate, etc.)
    Peach, peach.... and... peach

• Flower Tea (Rose, Chrysanthemum, etc.)
    Jasmine, Echinacea and Chamomile
  • Herbal Tea (Lemongrass, Rooibos, etc.)
    Lemon grass and Ginger tea
*Unworthy of a like from OP t.t*

Last edited:
I love so many tees that my favourites are all over the place, even though I picked Matcha just because it’s the tea I drink the most and I don’t think I could give it up.

i get stomach pains due to anxiety and stress, and green tea is a life saver. its usually just sencha

I am not a tea aficionado but I do enjoy the kinds I have tried. I grew up in the southern US so I love my sweetened iced tea (which is usually black tea, I think). I've also had green tea and white tea, both were cold and in bottles. I can't remember the brands, but I liked them both.

I'm not really a hot drink kind of person, so I prefer my tea cold and sweetened with sugar. Although, since becoming an adult I've grown accustomed to the taste of unsweetened tea and can drink it that way now too. I've never used any kind of milk or cream in my tea and I don't think I ever would. I have had hot tea with a bit of honey for a sore throat and that was pretty good.

My mom always makes tea using tea bags so that's the way I learned. I don't make tea often enough to experiment with tea leaves or many different kinds because I'm the only one in my household who drinks it. I also haven't bought tea to give as gifts because I don't know a lot of tea drinkers.

I love ginger-lemon tea since it soothes so many ailments, but for casual drinking, black tea, especially earl grey, is my go-to.
I am not a fan of artificially flavoured teas! They taste "fake" to me.
I'm lactose intolerant so I use soy or oat milk!
Whole leaf tea when I can get it.
Yes, tons of times!

Since it's been hot out lately, I've been making green tea lemonade by making a green tea concentrate, and then either adding lemon juice and simple syrup or store-bought lemonade to taste. It's very refreshing and a good midday energy boost.

I love ginger-lemon tea since it soothes so many ailments, but for casual drinking, black tea, especially earl grey, is my go-to.
I am not a fan of artificially flavoured teas! They taste "fake" to me.
I'm lactose intolerant so I use soy or oat milk!
Whole leaf tea when I can get it.
Yes, tons of times!

Since it's been hot out lately, I've been making green tea lemonade by making a green tea concentrate, and then either adding lemon juice and simple syrup or store-bought lemonade to taste. It's very refreshing and a good midday energy boost.

The green tea lemonade sounds nice! I usually make ice lemon tea with black tea leaves. I boil lemon with rock sugar then pour the mix through some black tea leaves and then add some ice during hot days. Have never really tried making lemonade with green tea leaves, will give your way a try! :)

OMG this is somewhat hard. Had a slight tea phase post high-school and there's a beautiful Tea shop at our local mall known as Lupicia.
Loose leaf tea from there was amazing! Especially flower tea and mostly this amazing Mango flavor tea ;~;

Earl Grey is my favourite, I probably drink about 4 cups a day at the moment. I have it quite strong, no sugar with only a small splash of milk. I drink green tea of a night. I like how crisp and clean it tastes, it's a nice way to finish off the day. :- )

I’m more of a coffee drinker these days, but I love fruity teas and spicy teas (chai all the way, every day!) Growing up, there was a tea house in my town where they served the best Blue Eyes tea. It’s fruity, with hibiscus, rose hips, and apple! It was my favorite growing up, and typing this has me tempted to order some now 🥺

I've been cold steeping tea overnight recently. Really liking the flavor, it's slightly different from brewing it hot (my usually astringent black tea had basically none!)

downside is that unlike my usual preference (gongfu, but i shattered the lid on my gaiwan so i have to order a new one but quarantine is making it hard ;;)

a side note: I also love explaining to people how black tea is called red in chinese... I've made that oopsie many times (I accidentally call it red tea in english a lot...)

I've been cold steeping tea overnight recently. Really liking the flavor, it's slightly different from brewing it hot (my usually astringent black tea had basically none!)

downside is that unlike my usual preference (gongfu, but i shattered the lid on my gaiwan so i have to order a new one but quarantine is making it hard ;;)

a side note: I also love explaining to people how black tea is called red in chinese... I've made that oopsie many times (I accidentally call it red tea in english a lot...)

Yes Chinese black tea is actually called red tea because of the colour of the tea. It's reddish in colour due to the fermentation but not all Chinese black tea are fermented and there are also Chinese oolong tea. It gets really complicated sometimes that I only stick to the ones I know 😅

Back