• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TF2: Highlander Challenge

Animefan said:
Psychonaut said:
Animefan said:
AndyB said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepetf2l site, as signs up for the challenge closes on 26th of August.
And just to be helpful, Steam ID finder
For good measures... Tortimer's Pride etf2l page and Tortimer's Pride Steam group page
Well im registered on the site but i dont see any thing that says "Join Team"
did you add your steam ID to your etf2l page/when you signed up?

bdubs just had the same/similar problem as you, and he fixed it by adding his steam id, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to add/see him in the register member thing.
Ill try that
K im logged in and have entered my steam id what now?
added.

what class are you best at/what do you want to play?

Psychonaut said:
Animefan said:
Psychonaut said:
Animefan said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepetf2l site, as signs up for the challenge closes on 26th of August.
And just to be helpful, Steam ID finder
For good measures... Tortimer's Pride etf2l page and Tortimer's Pride Steam group page
did you add your steam ID to your etf2l page/when you signed up?

bdubs just had the same/similar problem as you, and he fixed it by adding his steam id, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to add/see him in the register member thing.
Ill try that
K im logged in and have entered my steam id what now?
added.

what class are you best at/what do you want to play?
Ok thanks

Answer his question! @Animefan
"what class are you best at/what do you want to play?"

Animefan said:
AndyB said:
I knew someone would say that
I already talked to him about that on steam chat
Sorry, didn't know it was such private business!

Animefan said:
AndyB said:
yup.

and then I forgot. :<

you said engie, right?

WE NEED ANOTHER DAMN DEMOMAN/MEDIC, BROS.

D:

AndyB said:
Animefan said:
AndyB said:
He sent me a message before i saw the post... i didnt mean for it to sound soo private
and yes engineer

Animefan said:
AndyB said:
Animefan said:
AndyB said:
He sent me a message before i saw the post... i didnt mean for it to sound soo private
and yes engineer
TF2 HIGHLANDER

SRS BZNS, PRIVATE CHAT ONLY KTHX

Alrighty, got it working.
Who's up for some matches tomorrow?...or later since it's already 1 in the morning here.

EDIT: Also, I don't know what the hell RED was thinking here.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
lolwtf-1.png
</div>

I stayed in that position for the entire match. I think they were trying to get Silent Pardner or something, because those 3 Engies became 8 later. Lol.

-Aaron said:
Who's up for some matches tomorrow?...or later since it's already 1 in the morning here.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
lolwtf-1.png
</div>

I stayed in that position for the entire match. I think they were trying to get Silent Pardner or something, because those 3 Engies became 8 later. Lol.
awesome. did you sign up on the etf2l page/join the team already?

lol @ engies inside engies gettin snipe'd

I think we need to get a team match or two together, but I still don't think we've gotten anything set in stone about the classes people will be.

I think my friend will just be an extra, as his interest has faded.

how we have it, so far:

scout - caleb
soldier - bdubs
pyro - miranda
demoman - tbd
heavy - gnome
engineer - kid icarus/engineer
medic - tbd
sniper - trikki/prof gallows
spy - andyb

I think medic is the most important class, so I'm a bit weary of who will be doing it.. but I think we're good for now. full team is go.

wait. I just realized you're already on the etf2l highlander team. @_@

what class do you want to play?

Psychonaut said:
-Aaron said:

lolwtf-1.png
</div>

awesome. did you sign up on the etf2l page/join the team already?

lol @ engies inside engies gettin snipe'd

I think we need to get a team match or two together, but I still don't think we've gotten anything set in stone about the classes people will be.

I think my friend will just be an extra, as his interest has faded.

how we have it, so far:

scout - caleb
soldier - bdubs
pyro - miranda
demoman - tbd
heavy - gnome
medic - tbd
spy - andyb

I think medic is the most important class, so I'm a bit weary of who will be doing it.. but I think we're good for now. full team is go.

wait. I just realized you're already on the etf2l highlander team. @_@

what class do you want to play?
I'll take whatever is available, as long as it's not Demo/Spy.
I'm horrible with those classes.

EDIT: Seeing the list, I'll guess I'll go for medic.

okay, we have a little bit of a problem.

as no one else has stepped up for demoman/can do demoman, I'm more or less forced to do so, which I don't mind at all. there are two people who can/are willing to do medic, and it's really the only slot left.

and hank/my friend is more or less just going to be an extra at this point, so forget about him. your friend, though, anime, is more than welcome, especially if he's a good medic.

one person that's on the team currently will have to sit out. I think we need to either practice once or twice as a team to see who better fits the role for us/has good synergy with us, or one person needs to step up and say "I'll be an extra, it's cool"

I really hate that we HAVE to have an extra.. but I'm fairly certain the etf2l wouldn't leave out the extra's medal, since their own rules say there has to be one on every team..

but still, we need to come to a decision as a group about this. either in the FH chat, or the steam group chat (yessss), IMO.

if anyone else can do demoman, I would love to do medic for us, but if someone can/could do it better than me, please step up/be my guest. medic is just really important.

Psychonaut said:
okay, we have a little bit of a problem.

as no one else has stepped up for demoman/can do demoman, I'm more or less forced to do so, which I don't mind at all. there are two people who can/are willing to do medic, and it's really the only slot left.

and hank/my friend is more or less just going to be an extra at this point, so forget about him. your friend, though, anime, is more than welcome, especially if he's a good medic.

one person that's on the team currently will have to sit out. I think we need to either practice once or twice as a team to see who better fits the role for us/has good synergy with us, or one person needs to step up and say "I'll be an extra, it's cool"

I really hate that we HAVE to have an extra.. but I'm fairly certain the etf2l wouldn't leave out the extra's medal, since their own rules say there has to be one on every team..

but still, we need to come to a decision as a group about this. either in the FH chat, or the steam group chat (yessss), IMO.

if anyone else can do demoman, I would love to do medic for us, but if someone can/could do it better than me, please step up/be my guest. medic is just really important.
I would pratice now but ive had to uninstall steam and about to re install
please dont ask why its complicated

Oh and thanks pyscho

k, so two other things.

1.) I have to sign us up in 5 days, which means by the 26th. we need to have all our members in the team before I do so, am currently waiting only for the reason of aaron's friend possibly being a good medic.

2.) I have a feeling we have some sort of pick of three maps, which we will be able to play on in some case, I'm not sure how/what/if it's even being done.

what are the team's suggestions/thoughts/wants/needs?

there's a set listing of "competitive" maps that I'm sure we'll be forced to play on at least once, but I think we can pick our own, to some extent.

team looks like this:

scout - caleb
soldier - bdubs
pyro - miranda
demoman - psychonaut
heavy - gnome
medic - sporge/animefan's friend
spy - andyb

Psychonaut said:
k, so two other things.

1.) I have to sign us up in 5 days, which means by the 26th. we need to have all our members in the team before I do so, am currently waiting only for the reason of aaron's friend possibly being a good medic.

2.) I have a feeling we have some sort of pick of three maps, which we will be able to play on in some case, I'm not sure how/what/if it's even being done.

what are the team's suggestions/thoughts/wants/needs?

there's a set listing of "competitive" maps that I'm sure we'll be forced to play on at least once, but I think we can pick our own, to some extent.

team looks like this:

scout - caleb
soldier - bdubs
pyro - miranda
demoman - psychonaut
heavy - gnome
medic - sporge/animefan's friend
spy - andyb
If we do practice it should be on gravel since on the website it says thats one of the tournament maps

-Aaron said:
Well, if no one wants to be Demoman, I guess I'll start practicing now.
I've got demoman down, but I would have preferred medic, since no one else was going to do medic.

you don't have to go and forcefully learn him, just make sure you've got your class down.

weren't you going to be medic, aaron?

wait, whut? what were you going to/wanted to be, aaron? :/

@ animefan *edit*

gravel pit, dustbowl, cp_gorge are all on that list. I'm sure there's more, though. I've been playing on the drunken brawl's server, which is just a competitive maps server, 24 players. would be a good idea for us to at least know the maps, if we can't arrange team practices.

216.52.143.41:27015 <-- ip for the drunken brawl, if you can't find any other competitive map servers/are lazy. :p

Psychonaut said:
-Aaron said:
Well, if no one wants to be Demoman, I guess I'll start practicing now.
I've got demoman down, but I would have preferred medic, since no one else was going to do medic.

you don't have to go and forcefully learn him, just make sure you've got your class down.

weren't you going to be medic, aaron?

wait, whut? what were you going to/wanted to be, aaron? :/

@ animefan *edit*

gravel pit, dustbowl, cp_gorge are all on that list. I'm sure there's more, though. I've been playing on the drunken brawl's server, which is just a competitive maps server, 24 players. would be a good idea for us to at least know the maps, if we can't arrange team practices.

216.52.143.41:27015 <-- ip for the drunken brawl, if you can't find any other competitive map servers/are lazy. :p
I said I can be any class except Spy and Demo.

Back