• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Another campsite rant for the thread, but...

I feel like, as a feature that is made for us to meet new villagers and invite them to our islands, it's insanely difficult to do so??? I don't know if I'm just really unlucky or what.
They rarely even give me the option to invite them, and almost 95% of the time, they deny my invitation.
And then there's only one game you can play with them, and sometimes there's only a 1/4 chance of guessing right?? At least New Leaf had some variety, and they weren't all chance-based games.

And then... there's the issue of when you do finally win their annoying game and they pick someone at complete random to move out, and won't change their mind. Why can't we pick like when we move in an amiibo?? It's hard enough just to get them to agree to move in in the first place, but I have to keep doing it over and over just to find one of the villagers I'm okay with letting go,,,

I'm trying to invite in a villager a friend really wanted, and I've been at this for so long... 😩

Another campsite rant for the thread, but...

I feel like, as a feature that is made for us to meet new villagers and invite them to our islands, it's insanely difficult to do so??? I don't know if I'm just really unlucky or what.
They rarely even give me the option to invite them, and almost 95% of the time, they deny my invitation.
And then there's only one game you can play with them, and sometimes there's only a 1/4 chance of guessing right?? At least New Leaf had some variety, and they weren't all chance-based games.

And then... there's the issue of when you do finally win their annoying game and they pick someone at complete random to move out, and won't change their mind. Why can't we pick like when we move in an amiibo?? It's hard enough just to get them to agree to move in in the first place, but I have to keep doing it over and over just to find one of the villagers I'm okay with letting go,,,

I'm trying to invite in a villager a friend really wanted, and I've been at this for so long... 😩
Agreed! I had to talk to a camper lots of times before she even agreed to consider moving in. She kept refusing and i honestly started to think it was not possible for her to move for some reason. I didnt even let her move in the end, i was just curious to see how it works and it is tedious. I hope you get your camper to agree to move soon!

Yknow how long it took me to get used to the controls for moving the indoor camera around? Like they reversed left and right and I just wasn't about that. The fixed angle system from NL was so much easier to handle. I mean I finally got to where I can do it mindlessly but still

this is just for preference, but i would really like some more pocket space. i have the max and it’s still not enough for me,,
I feel this lol and I think it's partially because even though we have more space like we all wanted, it's just being taken up by tools still plus all the materials! When I found out backpacks and purses and such were in the game I desperately hoped they could hold your tools as a separate inventory somehow, and then when I found out they didn't I thought that was what the tool ring would do--nope.

Last edited:
Agreed! I had to talk to a camper lots of times before she even agreed to consider moving in. She kept refusing and i honestly started to think it was not possible for her to move for some reason. I didnt even let her move in the end, i was just curious to see how it works and it is tedious. I hope you get your camper to agree to move soon!
Yeah, I had to look it up because I was starting to think they just wouldn't move in.
In an hour and a half, he only agreed three times to move in....
(Thankfully shortly after posting, I won his game and he picked a villager I wanted out! Bless)

I know this is off topic but the flourish reaction looks really silly while sitting lol
Ah, I just saw a video of it. It's kinda funny seeing those weird quick movements when the animation starts.
I have golden gears on the wall above my crafting table in my basement. In only very specific indeterminable positions, I will accidentally turn the gears off when I'm trying to use the crafting table.
I have a similar problem. In my kitchen, I put a stove under a wall-mounted candle. Logically, my character should turn on the stove, but if positioned badly, he might reach up and somehow blow out the candle!
Oh and don't let me forget to never try to pick up a rug in my house without using the designer mode - literally everything else within reach gets picked up first ugh
That really can be a problem. They should've added a menu that asked which specific item the player wanted to pick up. Imagine if they never added the new interior design mode... Can't really imagine wanting to go back to how it was in, for me, Wild World... 😓

20200507_210735.jpg

THE "tHiNgS sTreWn AbOuT" ARE MY DIY RECIPES THAT YOU WON'T LET ME STORE!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!! 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
Not much of a rant but I need to get this out somewhere since I seem to playing at this time pretty much every day: I HATE the 2pm music. oh my god. i hate it. i hate it so much, I don't know what it is about that noise it starts making from about 10 seconds in but wow. I can't stand it lol

I get it would kind of defeat the point of hourly music, but it would be kinda cool to choose which music you want to hear whilst you're playing. There are some really nice songs in the very early hours but I don't know if I'll ever actually hear them in the game which is kind of a shame. But I get each song is supposed to represent the hour it plays in to some extent, so I suppose that's why you don't get to shuffle them around. Still. I hate 2pm. That's what truly matters lol

My internet connection is so so slow atm, I can't visit nor invite anyone on my island atm :( hope it gets better soon tho...

I haven't gotten a visitor at my campsite since the introductory Smug camper. It's literally been a month.

This one is probably gonna cause some controversy, but I am getting annoyed with Isabelle raving about pointless crap.

Like, if you have actual news, this yes, do share. But if not, just load up my game.

Edit: Oh, I forgot something else (which I am sure some will agree with this one). I think it is really stupid that if you select a fake painting, Timmy and Tommy won't let you sell ANYTHING, and you have to start over. Why the heck can they not just take the painting for free or just leave it in our pockets but take everything else? -.-

Edit 2: Once again, there is something else that came to mind: Why is the 10th villager move in automatic?!

Last edited:
wish there was a grid that you can enable or disable while terraforming so we know where we can and can't terraform!!,, so the annoying 'you can't terraform here because ____' pop-up isn't needed

I think it is really stupid that if you select a fake painting, Timmy and Tommy won't let you sell ANYTHING, and you have to start over. Why the heck can they not just take the painting for free or just leave it in our pockets but take everything else? -.-
This is one of the supposed many regressions this game has compared to New Leaf. Supposedly in that game, they would take fake paintings off of your hands, but in New Horizons they expect you to have a trash can item handy! It's so stupid! I had to ask someone to send me a trash can just so I could get rid of my fake Scary Painting. (Do you need a trash can object so you can get rid of your fake painting?)

Wolfgang got rid of his stereo. He didn't replace it with anything. Just simply not in his house anymore.

Back