• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Why does the Turnip rate change at noon? :(
They change it once the shop closes. I realized they were taking 544 for turnips around 11:55 am this morning. By the time my friend came over :(
It was 178

This is just a brief rant about my bad luck with the campsite:

I’ve been waiting six weeks—ever since the first camper was forced on me—to get another visitor to the site. I’ve been pretty excited about it, because I have neither a cranky nor a snooty villager yet, and know they’re much more likely to show up than personalities living on the Island.

Today I finally have someone visiting—and it’s Rosie. A peppy, of which I already have not one, but TWO, and a cat to boot (of which I also have two!) Things could be worse, but I’m pretty peeved right now. It doesn’t help that I’m desperately waiting for Graham to want to leave, but seemingly every other villager approaches me about moving but him! >.<‘

It sounds pretty insignificant, but... If I have a table mirror in a table and a chair in front of it... Why can't I sit in the chair to use the mirror????

Also, seriously, what was the reasoning behind not letting us edit custom designs while the gates are open? First of all: if there are no visitors, why in the world shouldn't I be allowed to edit them? Second, even if there's someone visiting, what difference does it make? It's cosmetic! It's not like I can trap them somewhere using custom designs!

Yeah I've had several nights where shooting stars/Celeste showed up randomly, maybe like 2 or even 10 at a time, but only today has Isabelle announced a meteor shower. I'm guessing shooting stars existing =/= meteor shower?
Celeste always appears in meteor showers, so it's more like Isabelle (and the villagers, apparently) only announces heavy showers. Not as useless as it could have been, but close.
I understand not bringing in the shovel, axe, watering can, or other things, but why not the umbrella and net?
The net because then you'd be able to catch roaches, which would actually reward time travellers. Plus it'd be pretty hard to catch it if you had a lot of furniture, which the game pushes you to do, so I'm not blaming them for deciding not to let us catch bugs inside out homes. The umbrella is just bad luck.

wish we could terraform the river mouths, move the town hall, and terraform the beach rocks!! just want a little more freedom in the game, and i'm not quite happy with the starting layout. i don't wanna leave the river mouths blocked, i wanna incorporate them into my island but i just don't settle with where they're placed.

Sorry to post again so soon, but I just remembered... Why... Why... Why did they place the airport so the host can't see visitors until they walk forwards? I want to say hi as soon as they step out of the door, but nooo! I can't stand next to the door because then they can't drop tips. I can't wait for them next to the door and then walk them to the grass because that wouldn't work with multiple visitors. Seriously, what were they thinking? For a game that pushes its players to buy an online subscription and trade, it seriously doesn't make trading easy.

I’m currently working on my island, and judging by how I’m designing the town...

I have too much space.

How am I going to decorate it all? There is a limit on how many trees you can place to maintain 5-star rating. I don’t want any empty spaces.

It sounds pretty insignificant, but... If I have a table mirror in a table and a chair in front of it... Why can't I sit in the chair to use the mirror????
Oh yeah, I forgot about that... Yeah, that's stupid. In a previous version of my girl character's house, I put a Cute Chair in front of her Cute Vanity only to find out she can't interact with it like this. There's really no reason to not allow interacting with vanities and workbenches while sitting down, but if I could guess any possible stupid reason why it's programmed this way, I'd guess it's because your character does a special animation when crafting/customizing stuff...but they can do every reaction while sitting, so it can't be because of that...
The net because then you'd be able to catch roaches
Oh...yeah, forgot about that too. That is probably why, you're right. Still no excuse for the umbrella, though. (It's weird I'd forget about the cockroaches, since I'm planning to avoid them by advancing 6 or less days at a time to return to the present...and that will take forever, which has really made me less interested in the game knowing I'll have to do that tedium or just accept that I'll have to clean out 3 houses full of those things...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... Yeah, that's stupid. In a previous version of my girl character's house, I put a Cute Chair in front of her Cute Vanity only to find out she can't interact with it like this. There's really no reason to not allow interacting with vanities and workbenches while sitting down, but if I could guess any possible stupid reason why it's programmed this way, I'd guess it's because your character does a special animation when crafting/customizing stuff...but they can do every reaction while sitting, so it can't be because of that...
I know this is off topic but the flourish reaction looks really silly while sitting lol, you're supposed to spin but since you're sitting you just weirdly wiggle in the chair! I don't get why they can't make the crafting reaction work while sitting, even if it has to look weird, I wouldn't care tbh as long as it let me do the actual crafting action.

Oh...yeah, forgot about that too. That is probably why, you're right. Still no excuse for the umbrella, though. (It's weird I'd forget about the cockroaches, since I'm planning to avoid them by advancing 6 or less days at a time to return to the present...and that will take forever, which has really made me less interested in the game knowing I'll have to do that tedium or just accept that I'll have to clean out 3 houses full of those things...
There's no reason to add table mirrors and vanities if you can't use them sitting down, I think they just forgot about it?

How much behind are you? A month only gives one single cockroach, so that shouldn't be too bad! (sure was hard explaining to my mom why there was a cockroach on her house tho lol)

why can't i just bulk-craft stuff or bulk-buy stuff from able sisters/the cranny cabinet.
yeah, there's the bulk of 5 at a time option in the cranny but really? you can't let me input the number of things i want?

why can't i just bulk-craft stuff or bulk-buy stuff from able sisters/the cranny cabinet.
yeah, there's the bulk of 5 at a time option in the cranny but really? you can't let me input the number of things i want?
buying customization kits is so tedious omg... a lot of the things i wanna customize use like 7 kits so i always buy a ton at once to make sure i have enough for everything/for later as well, and every time i run out i get annoyed that i can only buy 5 at a time. i do appreciate that a bulk option even exists but why does it have to be limited like that?

I think they just forgot about it?
Most likely.
How much behind are you? A month only gives one single cockroach
Oh, I'm way farther back than that...I think I'm back at the end of last summer. Though it isn't ard to advance a bit at a time, the tediousness of it ll discourages me. People say TT can mae them bored of the game, but for me, it's more like TT makes me not look forward to returning to the present.

buying customization kits is so tedious omg... a lot of the things i wanna customize use like 7 kits so i always buy a ton at once to make sure i have enough for everything/for later as well, and every time i run out i get annoyed that i can only buy 5 at a time. i do appreciate that a bulk option even exists but why does it have to be limited like that?
yup. exact same problem. i sold frozen treat sets to a few people and was stupid enough to offer full-on customization for them, turns out that weeeell, they - for whatever reason - recquire like, 7 kits. despite being a 1x1 item. i don't get it.

also, even harvest moon ds could let me choose from 1 to 99, so why not you, animal crossing?

I wish we had access to our in-house storage when we’re outside or even in the Residential Building somehow. Like a specific kind of box specifically linked with the storage.

When you open the box, two windows can pop up. One side for the inventory, the other side for the storage
Like in NL.. we could access our storage and use the ABD in other towns.. why not in NH??
Post automatically merged:

I posted this March 26th. Are you ok?
You're the one that can't read and comes to a thread to tell everyone how wrong they are, surely you of all people could tell me if feel okay, right?
Post automatically merged:

after almost 400 hours, i cannot and really don't want to hear most of the soundtrack anymore. at first it was NICE, now it's just not good. the hourly music doesn't even sound like it's a new song each hour, it's like the same sound, slightly altered over and over again. the only music i can and want to hear at the moment is the past midnight (1-5am) music, but otherwise. WHO COMPOSED THIS. it's literally giving me headaches.
You mean the super loud DUNK DUNK DUN dah DUN DUNNN
Isn't pleasing to the ear? Weird!
I just listen to the NL or CF tracks on headphones while I play unless I'm fishing.. that's the best we can do for now.

Last edited:
I hate that in order to have a second character you have to make another profile on your switch. It’s just stupid. I don’t want the “choose profile” menu to pop up just for the sake of a second character in one game.

Yeah the music in this game isn't as great as the others. It feels like they tried too hard to appease to a different group and step out of what made their music/game unique by adding unnecessary stuff like all tools breaking or monotone music. The cat music, crazy 2am song, and completely different transitions of hourly music is what made the game so unique.

I just booted up my old NL game to see how I did something to replicate it on my NH island and I just turned the volume down on my NH game and listened to the NL music. It was so much better. Hell even the NL CT day/night island music would had been better if that was the only music they played on repeat.

They should had never made hourly music locked behind progress. So much of this game felt grindy and stressful in the beginning when that was not what AC is about. There's a lot of people liking these changes, but for the most part these are the ones who never played AC and just got interested due to it's mainstream hype and COVID-19.

This is just a brief rant about my bad luck with the campsite:

I’ve been waiting six weeks—ever since the first camper was forced on me—to get another visitor to the site. I’ve been pretty excited about it, because I have neither a cranky nor a snooty villager yet, and know they’re much more likely to show up than personalities living on the Island.

Today I finally have someone visiting—and it’s Rosie. A peppy, of which I already have not one, but TWO, and a cat to boot (of which I also have two!) Things could be worse, but I’m pretty peeved right now. It doesn’t help that I’m desperately waiting for Graham to want to leave, but seemingly every other villager approaches me about moving but him! >.<‘

I have never had a single visitor after the first one. In one way I'm grateful because I can use the Amiibo cards and invite them without having to wait for the next day it's empty. But yeah, no single visitor without having to use Amiibos. Rosie's a cutie though! She's my favorite peppy villager.

On another note, I agree with the person who brought up that light brown hair color isn't in this game. I have lighter brown hair in real life and I can't give my character that hair color.

You know what burns my beans? (thanks Monty I'm using that forever now) Accidentally picking flowers every time I want to remove furniture/fence adjacent to it

Or, even better, remembering that this is how it works and digging up the whole flower just so I can get to the furniture aaaasfgsjkfdhgkfhgadls

Related: I have golden gears on the wall above my crafting table in my basement. In only very specific indeterminable positions, I will accidentally turn the gears off when I'm trying to use the crafting table. Elsewhere in my house, there's a lamp on the wall above a wardrobe. I accidentally turn the light off when trying to open my wardrobe.

All of these are things I know are inevitable problems for which I do not expect fixes as I cannot think of many solutions, but just... aaaaaaa.

Back