• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Some nitpicks imo:

- I wish KK Slider didn't leave so early. In NL, he would be performing until 2AM but in NH, he seems to leave by 12AM. I am a massive nightowl so I'm not a big fan of change, but I'm hoping that if we do get the nightclub back >-<

- I wish we got ordinances back again. I feel like the nightowl ordinance would be super useful rn considering my current situation irl.

- Also I reaaaaally miss the music boxes. I was listening to them on youtube a while ago and I realized hw much I need a music box version of KK Disco, Cafe KK, Stale Cupcakes, and Neapolitan.

- My villagers don't seem to wear what I give them, even if it's a style that they would actually like. They just seem to put in in their house as decor. For example, I gave Freya a green elegant hat that had both of her favorite styles (Green and elegant) according to Nook Plaza, but she doesn't wear it? And Raymond doesn't wear his pilot shades either even though it's his favorite style and color.

-Also there seems to be a reaaaaally weird duplication bug where villagers decorate their house with stuff I give them, even though I gave one of that item. I gave Buck a punching bag but when I looked in his house, he had two in his house? I don't remember giving him another before. Same thing with Raymond: He had two halos sitting on the floor on his house and now he has two sets of pilot shades sitting in his house now. I only gifted him those items once.

- I wish the lawn mover actually worked so it would be easier to get rid of flowers. It's a pain having to use up so many shovels just to pick up flowers.

Last edited:
I'm back! With more complaints! Why are the dates for certain events not changed for different countries? I can purchase the Mother's Day mug but Mother's Day was in March for me!

This is a series wide problem (as far as I know), and a really odd one because there's events that are restricted to Japan only, so obviously Nintendo understands that different cultures celebrate different things, or at least the same things at different times.

Hell, the spelling of mum is still "mom" in the U. K. - isn't this something they can fix? Or have they fixed it but I don't get it because I didn't get a physical copy?

The game needs more custom design save slots. My ideas for the island are ruined due to limited space. Also lost hours of work because I didnt realized overriding a save spot ruins old patterns;-;
EXrTSC8XkAInW7r.jpeg

This has been said to hell and back, but

Let! Us! Access! Storage! Outside! Our! Homes!

And let us store DIYs and wrapped gifts too, I literally have no idea why this isn't an option????

I'm trying to make a fairground with roulettes and prizes, but that's pretty hard when I have 28 different prizes, have to make duplicates so they aren't locked out the first time someone gets them... So, at least 84 wrapped gifts. And. They have to be in my island's ground. My house is really far away, but even if it wasn't, I don't have 84 free tiles! So if they could be in storage that would fix everything, right? Wrong! I don't want to run all the way to my house to get stuff! Why can I access my closet (and, consequentially, my! Damn! Storage!) outside, but not my house's storage?

I'll never get a 5-star rating because I decided to have fun with multiplayer, which I'm paying extra to do. How does that make any sense?

And make it so destroying cliffs automatically destroys the item/flower/tree on top (or forces it to drop somehow).
AGREED. I'M SO TIRED OF CARRYING 36 TREES IN MY INVO ONLY TO REDIG THEM AGAIN AND PLACE THEM BACK

this is so cursed
I still remember how easy it was in HHD tbh.

I'M SO TIRED OF CARRYING 36 TREES IN MY INVO ONLY TO REDIG THEM AGAIN
I was doing that at first, but after a while, I just started calling for cleanup every time I got near a tree. Of course, cleanup conveniently can't remove flowers, so I still had to waste shovel durability on the many lilies that were naturally growing on the cliff I was destroying to open a path to the "secret" beach...

A lot of the things have become much less common (though hide-and-seek may not even exist anymore). Now it seems like villagers will only ask for a favor if they have a thought bubble. In NL, you could eventually get a favor request by conversation spamming. I think it's definitely disappointing as it provides much less incentive to actively interact with your villagers. In NH, I just kind of wait for a ping or thought bubble before I talk to my villagers unless I get the NM+ goal and even then I may just decline the conversation.
I'm not entirely sure about other requests but I can definitely say I've had Peanut ask me to play a treasure hunt with her while I was convo-spamming with her. Haven't seen hide and seek happen at all or heard about anyone else getting though so I think I lost it's gone (i lost?? why did i even write that lmao what), which is really disappointing to me :(

Last edited:
here i am again xD i want to take things out my chest but I don't want to make new threads
the price for trading art is insane! Normally the price for art is like 5 NMT at most, but for some reason some statues like galant and valiant is going up to 90 NMT even being fake. I know they are pretty and people want some, but I can't with this, people should not accept this prices so they go down, it's an absurd. The greed is baffling me.

Minor rant

I hate that I can't kick out the newest villager without using an amiibo or praying I get the villager I want in the campsite.
.I mean I guess I get that they want to sell amiibo cards but I'm not willing to pay several hundred just to get marshal and kick hamphrey out. It's a little disappointing that I can't just kick anyone I want out, it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have all my dreamies but one... ;-;

Why do we still have the stupid animal hood items but not the awesome animal ear items I’ve seen in Pocket Camp :[

Oh my gosh yes, I was ecstatic when Pocket Camp released the animal sets and was so disappointed when all we got in NH so far is bunny ears. I just want to frolic around in cat eats and live my best otaku dork life.

Back