• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

(Do you need a trash can object so you can get rid of your fake painting?)

(yes, you do.... :C edited: sorry in advance if you meant to be sarcastic, I thought it was a genuine question)

It would have been great if the island tune maker made it possible to change major and minor keys. Lemme play sad tunes in minor keys plz

If they wanted us to try this, why did they have to get rid of other furniture sets??? Why not have both???? This is the biggest thing that leaves me dumbfounded.

Leaving things out seems to be a running theme with Nintendo lately. *Ahem* Pokemon/Paper Mario... I don't know why they did this but Nintendo seems to like doing things no one understands.

Not much of a rant but I need to get this out somewhere since I seem to playing at this time pretty much every day: I HATE the 2pm music. oh my god. i hate it. i hate it so much, I don't know what it is about that noise it starts making from about 10 seconds in but wow. I can't stand it lol

I get it would kind of defeat the point of hourly music, but it would be kinda cool to choose which music you want to hear whilst you're playing. There are some really nice songs in the very early hours but I don't know if I'll ever actually hear them in the game which is kind of a shame. But I get each song is supposed to represent the hour it plays in to some extent, so I suppose that's why you don't get to shuffle them around. Still. I hate 2pm. That's what truly matters lol

I literally thought this was just me that thought this! It's honestly to the point where I either mute the game or turn it off if I'm playing while 2pm rolls around. It doesn't sound like something you'd hear in an AC game at all.

I really love NH, but here's a minor rant.

There are WAY TOO MANY random visitors. The random visitors are fun, don't get me wrong. I love how there's visitors pretty much every day. But they made them all random. That means some will constantly visit you while others don't visit enough. For example: I finally got CJ today, but the last time he visited was a little over a month ago. I've only had Celeste twice. Meanwhile I'm getting Leif like every 3 days.

having to do Every Single Thing one at a time is killing me x_x sometimes it's fine if i wanna just turn my brain off and do something mindless like terraforming for awhile, but when i'm trying to accomplish something quickly it's so annoying!! let us craft and terraform and buy stuff in bulk!

I really love NH, but here's a minor rant.

There are WAY TOO MANY random visitors. The random visitors are fun, don't get me wrong. I love how there's visitors pretty much every day. But they made them all random. That means some will constantly visit you while others don't visit enough. For example: I finally got CJ today, but the last time he visited was a little over a month ago. I've only had Celeste twice. Meanwhile I'm getting Leif like every 3 days.
this!!!!

They should have given most of them a specially allotted day per week on which they show up, like they did in New Leaf (or am I remembering it wrong??)

I've been playing NH since the very hour it came out, and I have only gotten Gulliver a handful of times. Wisp shows up all the time though no problem.

Redd doesn't like my island either. Only have two paintings in my museum.

A minor complaint, but I noticed that the summer grasses aren’t a dark green anymore? I thought that maybe I was looking in the wrong month, but even in August, it still looked the same as it did in may, only the trees got that summer green (and grass missed the memo)

another thing I noticed is that tools (and umbrellas for that matter) don't ‘equip’ to your character anymore, meaning it takes up space.

again minor complaints....

-This is a common complaint I’ve heard but I also don’t like the hourly music.
-I don’t like how the island is so big. I feel like I have more space than I know what to do with and I’m I feel like I’m losing my mind.
-Maybe it’s just me but I don’t like how I feel like villager conversations are shorter.
- I hate how you have to pay for an online membership for somethings.
-I want some of the old left out furniture series and items from NL back (especially froggy chair lol)
-I really want to enjoy NH like I really liked NL but I don’t think I can because it just feels incomplete to me.
-I miss the plaza tree from NL.
-I wish Isabelle did more things than just give you feed back and give you useless news in the morning.
-A lot of aspects from previous games seem to be missing, I don’t expect or want this to be like another NL but I wish they had incorporated some of the older stuff.

Last edited:
I wish we could customize the fences. Since some of the picket fences were white in one / some of the nintendo videos (I can't remember if it was the direct or not), I wonder if we're eventually going to be able to or if it's a feature they chose to omit because there were difficulties? I could see it being a problem since you build them in packs of 10 but they stack in packs of 50. Or maybe that makes no sense at all, but it makes sense in my head. 😅

It's just a shame because I like all of the fences, but don't actually like the colour of any of them except the country fence! I would love to use the Vertical Board fence in black or dark brown, or the Imperial Fence in black for example!

I have a few nitpicks but these do not ruin the game for me, just stuff I would love to see added!
1.THE DIALOG, I swear after a week of playing I started seeing a few repeats and now I see a lot of the same dialog, it really takes the fun out of talking to your favorite villagers when they say the same things :/
2. You can only get fruit from other islands. If you do not have nintendo online, it is almost impossible to get the other fruits (unless you have a friend IRL who has them)
3. Terraforming is too slow, I wish there would be an editor where like in the house, you select an arrow and then you get taken into like 1'st person and can just click where you want to terraform instead of doing stuff one by one.
4. Too many villagers, this might not be a terrible thing but there are so many ugly villagers and lots people do not care for that that get in the way when trying to get the villagers you want like Audie
5. Not enough new villagers. The ones we got were great but like there should be more than like what, 8-10 new villagers? We could have so many more cool new villagers but they just could not make more :/
6. Selling turnips at other islands. This is pretty controversial imo but it ruins the economy when you can buy turnips for like around 100 bells and buy mass quantities of them and sell them for like 600 bells each to other peoples island, it devalues bells.
7. Longer custom town music. It would be great if we could play out music for a bit longer to our favorite custom music like from other games.
8. Fishing trash, so on its own, fishing trash is not so bad, but when your hunting down a certain size fish and you just fish up trash it's annoying and it would be cool to see a custom sprite for trash or like some indicator, like a little lid of a can sticking up on a fish sprite

Agree with a lot of what I've seen been said on this thread (so many missing NPCs/features from previous games, etc), so I won't mention them again. I will say though, is it just me or do the villagers have wayyyy fewer requests. So far I've had a single villager ask to call me a nickname, a few give me random things, and one go bury an item and ask me to find it. I have yet to have a villager ask to buy something from me/try to sell something to me (both of which happened frequently in NL), ask me to deliver a package to another villager, ask to visit my house, ask to play hide and seek, ask me to find a villager for them, ask for a specific bug or fish, etc. Do these things not happen anymore or have they just become way less common?

Agree with a lot of what I've seen been said on this thread (so many missing NPCs/features from previous games, etc), so I won't mention them again. I will say though, is it just me or do the villagers have wayyyy fewer requests. So far I've had a single villager ask to call me a nickname, a few give me random things, and one go bury an item and ask me to find it. I have yet to have a villager ask to buy something from me/try to sell something to me (both of which happened frequently in NL), ask me to deliver a package to another villager, ask to visit my house, ask to play hide and seek, ask me to find a villager for them, ask for a specific bug or fish, etc. Do these things not happen anymore or have they just become way less common?
A lot of the things have become much less common (though hide-and-seek may not even exist anymore). Now it seems like villagers will only ask for a favor if they have a thought bubble. In NL, you could eventually get a favor request by conversation spamming. I think it's definitely disappointing as it provides much less incentive to actively interact with your villagers. In NH, I just kind of wait for a ping or thought bubble before I talk to my villagers unless I get the NM+ goal and even then I may just decline the conversation.

I'm yet again bumping this thread to make some pointless rant, but I need to say this.

ALL FLOORINGS ARE TERRIBLE!
Like there are some cools ones from sahara or celeste, but they are useless you are trying to decor a "normal" house. The wood flooring for example, the dark herringbone and rosewood are kind of cool, but all the light ones look bad and there arent that many. All these wooden tiles. Wooden tiles! What is this, the 70s? I can't even with the tatami. I'm sorry for people with japanese houses.

Also, Wisp is a scammer! He comes saying if you want one item you don't have or one expensive, and since I don't own many expensive items I went with the last. Then he goes "Oh I don't know the price of things mimimi" and give you cheap stuff. What the flick dude?? I can't.

I have no idea what to do with my flowers. They are everywhere and there is not a single block that is free in my island. My inventory is full of them too. I really may have to do trading again to get rid of them. I’m planning to clean up my island before work start again and it is really stressing me out.

Back